What's new

****Official Food/Recipe Thread*****

Excellent idea. I live off frozen burritos at times, microwave style. Now I have to add a can of sauce into an old squeeze bottle and grate some cheese for standby operations.

Excellent idea. I live off frozen burritos at times, microwave style. Now I have to add a can of sauce into an old squeeze bottle and grate some cheese for standby operations.

That is the kind that I use. The bag of about 8-10 frozen burritos. I prefer the beef and bean but to each their own.

A quick, easy, bachelor recipe.

I large can enchilada sauce
1 package frozen burritos

Put the burritos in a 9 x 13 and cover with the sauce.
Cook in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
Take out cover with cheese and put back in oven.
After cheese is melted remove.

I cover mine with black olives, lettuce and sour cream.

The only dirty dishes are your plate, fork and the 9 x 13.

Edit: I will put my Paella recipe on here after work.

That sounds pretty good. I also like the frozen burritos or chimichangas with cream of mushroom soup, green chilis and cheese on top. I definitely want to try your method.

Ingredients needed : Sugar, Water, Koolaid

Tools needed: Spoon, Jug and ice cube tray

Dump koolaid powder into jug. Dump as much sugar as you want into a jug. Add as much water as you want into jug. Stir.

pour into icecube trays. set icecube tray in freezer.

mmmmmm good.

I throw in half the water, then add the powder quickly followed by the sugar. Add the rest of the water slowly while stirring. I love me some Kool-Aid.

I like my steaks on the rare side of medium-rare.

My wife likes her steak done, done, done .. and then sends it back to the kitchen twice more .. until it's literally the size of a playing card .. then asks for ketchup. NO hyperbole.

I no longer take her to a steak house .. ever.

Ha, this sounds almost exactly like my wife. She needs to make sure that they piece of meat is dead, and then she wants it grill for about another hour on high heat.

Ha, this sounds almost exactly like my wife. She needs to make sure that they piece of meat is dead, and then she wants it grill for about another hour on high heat.

My wife is this way with fast-food burgers .. it's ridiculous. I'm like, 'why are you worried, it's not even really meat anyway ..?'

Ingredients needed : Sugar, Water, Koolaid

Tools needed: Spoon, Jug and ice cube tray

Dump koolaid powder into jug. Dump as much sugar as you want into a jug. Add as much water as you want into jug. Stir.

pour into icecube trays. set icecube tray in freezer.

mmmmmm good.

Going with the Kool-Aid idea, Kool-Aid Slushies

Get party ice from Sonic (the best kind of ice around)

Fill blender about 3/4 of the way with party ice (aka pebble ice)
Add Kool-Aid
Add a little more than a cup of sugar
Fill the blender about 1/4 of the way with water.
Mix
Slowly add more ice and water until blender if full and the slushy is the right consistency (this may be different for everyone. I like to enjoy my slushy with a spoon, so I make it thick)
Pour and enjoy.

I assume that for the alcoholics around here that you can add alcohol to this to get a little tipsy. I am not sure the amounts that you would need in order to make this work.

PS, I need someone to remind me that there is a lot of good stuff on the GD page. I spend most of my time on the Utah Jazz page and miss a lot of these gems.

2 6-8 Oz Filet Salmon

1/3 Cup brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard

Soak your Cedar Plan Board a minimum of 3 hours (24 Hours Preferred)

Combine above into a spread and spread evenly on non-skin side of Salmon.

Heat your Grill to High then reduce to low. If you have 4 burners I've found that turning off the 2 middle burners and leaving the outsides at Med-Low works best so it doesn't burn up the plank. Keep a bottle of water just in case the plank starts on fire - no worries if it does. Keep the top down at all times as that is how you will get the smoke from the plank. Depending on the thickness of the Salmon (Or other fish) you can expect it to be done in 15-25 minutes.

I made this for my wife who never had Salmon previously and she loved it. Definately worth a try expecially if you like Salmon.

I make pretty decent chili verde.

1-2lbs pork (use whatever kind you want, it all works) cut into 5/8" cubes.
1lb anaheim peppers roasted, skins and seeds removed
1lb pablano peppers roasted, skins and seeds removed
5-6 jalapenos (really depends on how spicy they are, I buy more than I need and taste them before deciding how many to add) roasting is optional but preferred, and since you're roasting the other peppers you might as well roast these too. Remove seeds.
1-2 white onions
3-4 campari tomatoes (optional)
1 beef bouillon cube
1 chicken bouillon cube
or 2 pork bouillon cubes (I just don't keep pork bouillon on hand)

Add oil to large sauce pan or stock pot and brown the pork. Remove.
Dice onion, add to pot and cook until soft.
Either chop peppers and tomato (but keep them separate) or use food processor.
Add peppers to pot.
Stir occasionally. Heat until you start getting brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
Add tomatoes. Stir in.
Add water until you're no longer dealing with paste.
Bring to boil.
Add pork.
Reduce heat to simmer. Cook for a few hours making sure to add water as needed.
When you're about ready to eat use flour (or whatever you use) to thicken to desired consistency.

Add Kool-Aid
Mix
Slowly add more ice and water until blender if full and the slushy is the right consistency (this may be different for everyone. I like to enjoy my slushy with a spoon, so I make it thick)
Pour and enjoy.

I assume that for the alcoholics around here that you can add alcohol to this to get a little tipsy. I am not sure the amounts that you would need in order to make this work.

Definitely need to try this. Either that or buy a slushee/slurpee machine.

Add Kool-Aid
Mix
Pour and enjoy.

Damn bro. There's about 250 grams of sugar in this.