4 (4 by 4-inch) pieces parchment paper

4 cedar plank pieces, food service quality
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned and boned
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 (3-inch) fresh rosemary sprigs
1 lemon, zested
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a small saute pan over medium heat, heat oil. When hot, add jalapenos and saute until caramelized. Add garlic, and before it begins to brown, deglaze with white wine. Next add mustard and apricot preserves and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes and let completely cool.

Place parchment paper on planks, add salmon, lightly salt and pepper, place a rosemary sprig on each fillet, and liberally apply cooled apricot mixture.

Place cedar plank on gas burner. When plank has begun to smoke, place into preheated oven.

Cook salmon until medium-rare; remove from oven and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes until serving. Garnish with lemon zest

This one right here is amazing, if you make anything, make this or the salmon.

Potatoes Au Gratin

Ingredients:

1 clove of garlic, peeled and cut in half

2 lbs of russet baking potatoes, peeled and sliced very thinly

1 cup freshly grated Gruyere cheese

1 cup heavy cream

Salt

Freshly-ground Pepper 

Nutmeg
Cooking Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
If you don't have a gratin dish, use a regular baking dish. Rub the inside of the dish all over with the garlic. 
Layer half the potatoes in the dish.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a very little bit of nutmeg. 
Sprinkle on half the cheese.
Pour half the cream over the potato/cheese layer.
Repeat with a second layer.
Bake, uncovered, until the top is crisp and golden brown. It should take about 50-60 minutes, but keep checking it. If you cut the recipe in half, it will take less time, probably no more than 30-40 minutes.
Serve immediately.

Anyways, back to recipes. I'm going to post these one by one because I'm a post whore.

MAC & CHEESE
14 oz of macaroni
14 oz shredded mild cheddar
6 oz monterey jack
8 oz smoked gouda (cut in small cubes)
2 tbs plus 1 tsp of flour
3 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2/3 cup of sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1.5 cups of half and half
1.5 cups of heavy cream
1 tbs worcestershire

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Boil pasta. Cook until slightly below al dente. Put in a large bowl and stir in 10-12 oz of cheddar, monterey jack, and the smoked gouda.
3. Combine salt, flour, mustard, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne in a large bowl. Whisk in sour cream and eggs until smooth. Whisk in half and half, cream, worcestershire.
4. Pour this wet mix over the pasta mix and stir to combine.
5. Grease or spray a 9x13 baking dish, pour in mix and cover with remaining cheese.
6. Bake until set around edges, although still a tad loose in the center, about 30 minutes

Interesting cheese combo. My mom used cheddar, velvetta and mozzarella

Edit: your potato au gratin recipe sounds good.

I was never into cooking but in the last 6 months or so I have really started to get into it. I have learned a bunch of recipes and my girls like the food much better at my house now.

I'm on the verge of proposing over that dip, Hagglers.

Anyways, back to recipes. I'm going to post these one by one because I'm a post whore.

MAC & CHEESE
14 oz of macaroni
14 oz shredded mild cheddar
6 oz monterey jack
8 oz smoked gouda (cut in small cubes)
2 tbs plus 1 tsp of flour
3 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2/3 cup of sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1.5 cups of half and half
1.5 cups of heavy cream
1 tbs worcestershire

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Boil pasta. Cook until slightly below al dente. Put in a large bowl and stir in 10-12 oz of cheddar, monterey jack, and the smoked gouda.
3. Combine salt, flour, mustard, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne in a large bowl. Whisk in sour cream and eggs until smooth. Whisk in half and half, cream, worcestershire.
4. Pour this wet mix over the pasta mix and stir to combine.
5. Grease or spray a 9x13 baking dish, pour in mix and cover with remaining cheese.
6. Bake until set around edges, although still a tad loose in the center, about 30 minutes

That sounds odd---I just might have to try it. Mac is all about a ton of non-typical cheese and butter.

Your buffalo dip looks like excellent and will get some burn inside my tummy. Again with the butter as half and half with Franks is a must. Doing it in a dip is an excellent idea. Screw that canned chicken bull **** though. Don't kill a good thing.

I'm on the verge of proposing over that dip, Hagglers.

That sounds odd---I just might have to try it. Mac is all about a ton of non-typical cheese and butter.

Your buffalo dip looks like excellent and will get some burn inside my tummy. Again with the butter as half and half with Franks is a must. Doing it in a dip is an excellent idea. Screw that canned chicken bull **** though. Don't kill a good thing.

Some people can't cook man, I was just giving them the option. I mean, I would never do it.

Some people can't cook man, I was just giving them the option. I mean, I would never do it.

I will never understand the "can't cook" thing. Mostly it just translates into "I'm lazy". There are upper level cooking technique and such, but most stuff can be done by anyone if you know how to read and have the proper equipment.

I will never understand the "can't cook" thing. Mostly it just translates into "I'm lazy". There are upper level cooking technique and such, but most stuff can be done by anyone if you know how to read and have the proper equipment.

My brother would find a way to burn cereal. He tries hard but I refuse to eat anything he makes. Not that he does not try he just somehow ****s it up. Every. Single. Time.

Korean BBQ is amazing and very simple and cheap to make.

Go to Smiths and go to where they sale the soy sauce and other Asian sauces. There should be a Korean BBQ marinade they just started selling (there's actually 3 different flavors - I like the original one the best). After that go and buy the really thin sliced marinade steaks. You can get two pretty good size ones for about $2:50.

Go home and marinade those puppies for a few hours and or up to 24 hours. Then throw them on the BBQ and grill them up.

Make some white rice to go with it too.

Seriously one of my favorite things to grill. I'm on the grill about 3 times a week btw and I also cook for a living. BooyaaaHhhzzz!

Korean BBQ is amazing and very simple and cheap to make.

Go to Smiths and go to where they sale the soy sauce and other Asian sauces. There should be a Korean BBQ marinade they just started selling (there's actually 3 different flavors - I like the original one the best). After that go and buy the really thin sliced marinade steaks. You can get two pretty good size ones for about $2:50.

Go home and marinade those puppies for a few hours and or up to 24 hours. Then throw them on the BBQ and grill them up.

Make some white rice to go with it too.

Seriously one of my favorite things to grill. I'm on the grill about 3 times a week btw and I also cook for a living. BooyaaaHhhzzz!

Sounds tasty, I'll have to try. Thank you kind sir.

Heeheepeepeecaca

Soup is underrated in this country. I guess it has a bad rap as a side dish but they can be the main course if hearty enough. The trick is to use beef and chicken broth, or stock if you think you're the super chef who needs nothing but primo ingredients. I go all the other way down the stairs to bullion cubes because they're cheap and we always have some on hand. Beef broth is the key to chili btw (and fine rolled corn chips if you like it thick). The rest is filler.

Easy enchiladas. Any guy can do these to impress the wiff and you'll have to burn them to screw them up. Don't let the boxes fool you either. These could be served in a resturaunt with minor, personal touches. You can make your own spanish rice or enchilada sauce if you'd like, but it's as pointless as making your own ketchup or canning tomatoes.

1 can enchilada sauce. I prefer Old El Paso. What ever you do, don't use Western Family, it sucks.

Brown beef with taco seasoning.
Cook 1 box Zatarian's Spanish Rice according to instructions. I hate tomatoes but trust me stewed tomatoes are necessary.
Shred cheddar while they're cooking.

Put tortillas in a glass pan. Fill with rice, meat, cheese, and sauce (1/2 can). Fold closed and cover with remaining sauce and cheese. The sauce and tortillas will be warm when the cheese is cooked.

Add sour cream, green chiles, green onions, cilantro, olives, lime etc. inside if that's what you're into.

Soup is underrated in this country. I guess it has a bad rap as a side dish but they can be the main course if hearty enough. The trick is to use beef and chicken broth, or stock if you think you're the super chef who needs nothing but primo ingredients. I go all the other way down the stairs to bullion cubes because they're cheap and we always have some on hand. Beef broth is the key to chili btw (and fine rolled corn chips if you like it thick). The rest is filler.

My mom made several soups as the main course for dinner. Clam Chowder, hamburger soup, potato cheese soup, ham and bean soup, chili...

Everything was homemade. Man I miss that cooking.

Chicken cordon bleu minus the bleu.

Stuffing it with fontina cheese is absolutely necessary. Fontina and good sauce and you can forget the proscuito if you want.

Red onion, thinly chopped
Flour
Chicken broth
White wine
Rosemary
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil, extra virgin

Heat oil, add onion and rosemary. Cook until onions are translucent. Add salt and pepper to taste and let cool. Stir in graded fontina.

Add sauce to middle of chicken breasts. Cook about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken, add wine and rosemary. Cook on medium-high 2 minutes. Reduce to low and whisk in broth and flour to thicken. Add chicken to coat and cook until chicken is done.

A quick, easy, bachelor recipe.

I large can enchilada sauce
1 package frozen burritos

Put the burritos in a 9 x 13 and cover with the sauce.
Cook in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
Take out cover with cheese and put back in oven.
After cheese is melted remove.

I cover mine with black olives, lettuce and sour cream.

The only dirty dishes are your plate, fork and the 9 x 13.

Edit: I will put my Paella recipe on here after work.