What's new

Official: Jazz signed Bryce Cotton to a 10 day contract

Hello Jazz fans!!

Long time Providence Friar fan here, I just wanted to let your entire fanbase know that you will be pleasantly surprised with your most recent acquisition Bryce Cotton AKA Ice Cotton. You're not only adding a great PG but more importantly a high quality young man. I can tell you right now with full confidence that Cotton is vastly ahead of Exum in terms of scoring the ball and/or running a team at the pro level. Bryce is a big time scorer(think Allen Iverson 2.0 only a much better passer) who played the #2 spot his first two years at PC but went on to develop into one of the top lead guards in the nation his junior/senior seasons. As a senior he was #2 in the Big East(behind only Doug McDermott) in scoring throwing up 21.8ppg while also leading the league in assists at a 5.9 clip. Also had an assist/TO ration better than 2.5/1. Very efficient, smart basketball player who plays a winning brand of basketball. No coincidence the Toro's were in the midst of a 9 game winning streak. When you watch him play you will see a pure pass first PG who will knock it down if he gets an inch. He is not an undersized SG playing the point, so don't worry about that. If so he wouldn't be in "The League". He has an insane 43" vertical and the only thing that kept him from being drafted is his small size. Though listed at a generous 6'1, Bryce is actually only 5'11 and about 165lbs. I remember the last young Providence guard who started his NBA career in Utah and that was Eric Murdock(21st pick by Jazz in 1993 draft). Luckily for Cotton he doesn't have a guy by the name of John Stockton playing in front of him like Murdock did. Below are a couple links of some Cotton highlights included is a 36 point torching of UNC(to go along with 8 assists and 5 boards) from the first round of last years NCAA Tourney where Cotton was(even admitted by UNC players)clearly the best player on the floor.

(36pts/8 dimes/5 boards vs UNC in NCAA Tourney) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbLzw9ZlNw0

(40 pts and 8 trey's in D-League game) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUS3E7fTZ8s

(career highlights from college) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id3M7mnq1WA

Thank you. These are really good news. Excited to see him hit the court.

Looks like the stereotypical Nate Robinson type feel shooter - his arms and legs are flying all over the place on his jumper.

Hello Jazz fans!!

Long time Providence Friar fan here, I just wanted to let your entire fanbase know that you will be pleasantly surprised with your most recent acquisition Bryce Cotton AKA Ice Cotton. You're not only adding a great PG but more importantly a high quality young man. I can tell you right now with full confidence that Cotton is vastly ahead of Exum in terms of scoring the ball and/or running a team at the pro level. Bryce is a big time scorer(think Allen Iverson 2.0 only a much better passer) who played the #2 spot his first two years at PC but went on to develop into one of the top lead guards in the nation his junior/senior seasons. As a senior he was #2 in the Big East(behind only Doug McDermott) in scoring throwing up 21.8ppg while also leading the league in assists at a 5.9 clip. Also had an assist/TO ration better than 2.5/1. Very efficient, smart basketball player who plays a winning brand of basketball. No coincidence the Toro's were in the midst of a 9 game winning streak. When you watch him play you will see a pure pass first PG who will knock it down if he gets an inch. He is not an undersized SG playing the point, so don't worry about that. If so he wouldn't be in "The League". He has an insane 43" vertical and the only thing that kept him from being drafted is his small size. Though listed at a generous 6'1, Bryce is actually only 5'11 and about 165lbs. I remember the last young Providence guard who started his NBA career in Utah and that was Eric Murdock(21st pick by Jazz in 1993 draft). Luckily for Cotton he doesn't have a guy by the name of John Stockton playing in front of him like Murdock did. Below are a couple links of some Cotton highlights included is a 36 point torching of UNC(to go along with 8 assists and 5 boards) from the first round of last years NCAA Tourney where Cotton was(even admitted by UNC players)clearly the best player on the floor.

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the board.

He reminds a bit to a young Aaron Brooks.

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the board.

He reminds a bit to a young Aaron Brooks.

Nah, I think "SweetLikeCottonCandy" reminds me more of a young Dr. Jones. Seems to have that same loyalty to his college and follow guys that play there. Doubt if he'll ever have the raw numbers or longevity of Dr. Jones, though.

Hello Jazz fans!!

(36pts/8 dimes/5 boards vs UNC in NCAA Tourney) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbLzw9ZlNw0

(40 pts and 8 trey's in D-League game) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUS3E7fTZ8s

(career highlights from college) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id3M7mnq1WA

Yeah, Cotton was a beast at Providence, very fun to watch.