What's new

Official: Jazz signed Bryce Cotton to a 10 day contract

I just saw on Twitter that the jazz have the easiest remaining schedule of all the west teams.
Just took a quick look at the Jazz schedule:

15 games at home with 7 against <.500 teams.
13 games on the road with 5 against >.500 teams.

Think he will take Ian spot, if u can call it that, in the rotation. Basically when Burke and Exum both suck we will bring him in. He's 22 and can shoot/score/create... Worth a shot.

I think I'm gunna like him

It was a short vid but the dude seems strong with the fundamentals. He doesn't blow you away but he seems to play the 'right' way.

Nice oop too. Hops is always a plus

Was he drafted or did everyone abstain from Cotton picking that year?
Maybe this means they're shutting down Trey for the rest of the season. All that shooting has probably worn out his arm.

I'm definitely a Bryce Cotton fan, and not just because he shined at my Alma mater. I was excited to find out that the Jazz brought him in for a pre-draft workout. I was also surprised he wasn't drafted, especially after having such a great senior season at PC. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but if Neto doesn't come over next year, and Cotton earns a spot, he could definitely be a great pickup for us -- some much needed scoring and that 3-ball off the bench. Let's do it!

I just saw on Twitter that the jazz have the easiest remaining schedule of all the west teams.

Jazz have had the hardest schedule up to this point. And now will have one of the easiest. That's why I had my poor math prediction of the Jazz finishing with a record of 38-42.

We finish this thin 18-10.

Anyone else think we are just pumping up Burke's value to trade him and let Neto become the backup.

Anyone else think we are just pumping up Burke's value to trade him and let Neto become the backup.

I'm all for Neto, but if Burke is playing solid why risk it? Right now hes looks like a good backup. I see no need for Neto.

I'm all for Neto, but if Burke is playing solid why risk it? Right now hes looks like a good backup. I see no need for Neto.

There's always a need to upgrade your roster. If Neto is better than Cotton/Clark, then you make the move. Just because you sign him, doesn't mean that you have to be planning to dump Burke. Different players can have different roles, even off the bench. Plus, Trey seems to do better when he's competing for his job. Exum is the starter for the future, so they should get another backup that can push Burke.

I honestly don't think Q would flinch at the idea of playing Cotton and Burke at the same time if the situation for doing so emerged in the flow of the game. Just like how Pop will play, for example, Mills and Parker together. For Q, there are just "guards".... and we need better ones.

Burke has been playing pretty good of late.

He's has three good games. And in the three games before those he shot 0-10, 5-12 & 2-13.

I'm going to create the term Burkenesia - it's when fans forget Burke's bad string of games.

Though I think many of us will tolerate it better to some degree as Exum is now starting.

Hello Jazz fans!!

Long time Providence Friar fan here, I just wanted to let your entire fanbase know that you will be pleasantly surprised with your most recent acquisition Bryce Cotton AKA Ice Cotton. You're not only adding a great PG but more importantly a high quality young man. I can tell you right now with full confidence that Cotton is vastly ahead of Exum in terms of scoring the ball and/or running a team at the pro level. Bryce is a big time scorer(think Allen Iverson 2.0 only a much better passer) who played the #2 spot his first two years at PC but went on to develop into one of the top lead guards in the nation his junior/senior seasons. As a senior he was #2 in the Big East(behind only Doug McDermott) in scoring throwing up 21.8ppg while also leading the league in assists at a 5.9 clip. Also had an assist/TO ration better than 2.5/1. Very efficient, smart basketball player who plays a winning brand of basketball. No coincidence the Toro's were in the midst of a 9 game winning streak. When you watch him play you will see a pure pass first PG who will knock it down if he gets an inch. He is not an undersized SG playing the point, so don't worry about that. If so he wouldn't be in "The League". He has an insane 43" vertical and the only thing that kept him from being drafted is his small size. Though listed at a generous 6'1, Bryce is actually only 5'11 and about 165lbs. I remember the last young Providence guard who started his NBA career in Utah and that was Eric Murdock(21st pick by Jazz in 1993 draft). Luckily for Cotton he doesn't have a guy by the name of John Stockton playing in front of him like Murdock did. Below are a couple links of some Cotton highlights included is a 36 point torching of UNC(to go along with 8 assists and 5 boards) from the first round of last years NCAA Tourney where Cotton was(even admitted by UNC players)clearly the best player on the floor.

(36pts/8 dimes/5 boards vs UNC in NCAA Tourney) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbLzw9ZlNw0

(40 pts and 8 trey's in D-League game) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUS3E7fTZ8s

(career highlights from college) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id3M7mnq1WA

Hello Jazz fans!!

Long time Providence Friar fan here, I just wanted to let your entire fanbase know that you will be pleasantly surprised with your most recent acquisition Bryce Cotton AKA Ice Cotton. You're not only adding a great PG but more importantly a high quality young man. I can tell you right now with full confidence that Cotton is vastly ahead of Exum in terms of scoring the ball and/or running a team at the pro level. Bryce is a big time scorer(think Allen Iverson 2.0 only a much better passer) who played the #2 spot his first two years at PC but went on to develop into one of the top lead guards in the nation his junior/senior seasons. As a senior he was #2 in the Big East(behind only Doug McDermott) in scoring throwing up 21.8ppg while also leading the league in assists at a 5.9 clip. Also had an assist/TO ration better than 2.5/1. Very efficient, smart basketball player who plays a winning brand of basketball. No coincidence the Toro's were in the midst of a 9 game winning streak. When you watch him play you will see a pure pass first PG who will knock it down if he gets an inch. He is not an undersized SG playing the point, so don't worry about that. If so he wouldn't be in "The League". He has an insane 43" vertical and the only thing that kept him from being drafted is his small size. Though listed at a generous 6'1, Bryce is actually only 5'11 and about 165lbs. I remember the last young Providence guard who started his NBA career in Utah and that was Eric Murdock(21st pick by Jazz in 1993 draft). Luckily for Cotton he doesn't have a guy by the name of John Stockton playing in front of him like Murdock did. Below are a couple links of some Cotton highlights included is a 36 point torching of UNC(to go along with 8 assists and 5 boards) from the first round of last years NCAA Tourney where Cotton was(even admitted by UNC players)clearly the best player on the floor.

(36pts/8 dimes/5 boards vs UNC in NCAA Tourney) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbLzw9ZlNw0

(40 pts and 8 trey's in D-League game) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUS3E7fTZ8s

(career highlights from college) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id3M7mnq1WA

sorry for the double posts......had no idea there were forums that operate under such heavy NSA type review tactics for sports talk

anyway I noticed the tiny "your post won't be viewable until it is approved by a moderator" message until post #4

hopefully my post regarding Cotton gets APPROVED sometime this month

Thanks, and Go Jazz!!