What's new

Official Point Guard Thread.

JJAS and PKM for trade managers.

I think the Jazz have to take a chance on someone like Bledsoe before he explodes. Both Teague and Bledsoe are having nice years, and Bledsoe has the fewest assists out of all of these guys. What do you think his ceiling is?

I think the Jazz have to take a chance on someone like Bledsoe before he explodes. Both Teague and Bledsoe are having nice years, and Bledsoe has the fewest assists out of all of these guys. What do you think his ceiling is?

Coming out of college I thought his ceiling was pretty limited. Having watched him in the NBA, I think if he gets consistent minutes (30) watch out!

I am WAY high on him. Problem is, most scouts I talk to are saying the same .. he's going to get a lot of offers and be able to take his pick .. unless there's a trade.

I think we should get Bledsoe and Marshall. I really liked how those old Kings teams could throw two different pitches in Bibby and Jackson. Hard to defend; such different looks.

Coming out of college I thought his ceiling was pretty limited. Having watched him in the NBA, I think if he gets consistent minutes (30) watch out!

I am WAY high on him. Problem is, most scouts I talk to are saying the same .. he's going to get a lot of offers and be able to take his pick .. unless there's a trade.

Talk Bledsoe into joining Ty Corbin, Roger Braille, Al Jefferson, and the Jazz!
All sorts of excitement up in here!

Playing in Atlanta's iso heavy offense might make this a difficult question, but how well does Jeff Teague run a halfcourt offense? Does he manage the game well? Control pace? Spread the ball around to keep the defense guessing? Can he run a pick and roll competently?

His minutes were pretty limited his first two seasons, and then he kinda burst onto the scene last year. His on-court/off-court team offense numbers last year were pretty ****ing amazing (Hawks scored 109 points per 100 possessions with him on court and 100.5 points per 100 possessions with him off court) and are great again in the early going this season (104.8 v. 97.8).

Has anyone watched him play enough to guess how he might help the Jazz's halfcourt offense?

Playing in Atlanta's iso heavy offense might make this a difficult question, but how well does Jeff Teague run a halfcourt offense? Does he manage the game well? Control pace? Spread the ball around to keep the defense guessing? Can he run a pick and roll competently?

His minutes were pretty limited his first two seasons, and then he kinda burst onto the scene last year. His on-court/off-court team offense numbers last year were pretty ****ing amazing (Hawks scored 109 points per 100 possessions with him on court and 100.5 points per 100 possessions with him off court) and are great again in the early going this season (104.8 v. 97.8).

Has anyone watched him play enough to guess how he might help the Jazz's halfcourt offense?

He looks pretty good on paper as you've pointed out here, and he is plenty athletic. Your questions are what I'm more interested in right now as well. As far as his assists/48 ratio, he is ranked at #7 right in the class of D Will, T Parker, and Jrue Holiday (11.1-11.6). Then there's the next group, J. Calderon, G. Vasquez (12.3, 12.7), then the next C. Paul, J. Tinsley (13.4, 14.6), and finally Rondo (17.1). He seems a bit TO heavy, but he definitely gets a high number of assists /playing time, and his team wins a lot when he's on the floor. If anyone can answer any of GVC's questions though, I would also be appreciative since he's a restricted free agent this off season.

I think if it was my choice I would be doing everything that I can to try to trade for Kendall Marshall. PHX is in a state of transition and just signed Dragic long term. If we could put a package together for Marshall I would be happy with that.

The thing I like most about Calderon is that he doesn't seem hard to acquire and I think he does all of the basics extremely well (except D). And seems like he could be kept around for okay money. But since "okay money" for Calderon is basically the MLE or lower, the Jazz have just about as good a chance at getting him in free agency as keeping him through free agency. He seems like a player that contenders will be lining up to grab to me under such circumstances, and that the Jazz would not be so lucky as to get him on such a deal.

All in all, this post was a waste of my time and yours.

The thing I like most about Calderon is that he doesn't seem hard to acquire and I think he does all of the basics extremely well (except D). And seems like he could be kept around for okay money. But since "okay money" for Calderon is basically the MLE or lower, the Jazz have just about as good a chance at getting him in free agency as keeping him through free agency. He seems like a player that contenders will be lining up to grab to me under such circumstances, and that the Jazz would not be so lucky as to get him on such a deal.

All in all, this post was a waste of my time and yours.

Toronto organization and Toronto fans seem to see him as a plague just like JF sees Al Jefferson. Wanting him seems to bring the exact same complaints minus the money req'd. Care to explain a little more?

*Edit: Calderon is like Tinsley with 2x the shooting value -- in other words not that great at it.

Tinsley with shooting and marginally better defense is the best point guard this team would have had since Deron got traded.

What's the point in getting any of these young, up & coming, PG's like Bledsoe, Marshall, Wall, etc? Do you really think they'll get any playing time with the coach we have now? They'll have to sit on the bench until they're 30 years old, before Corbin will have enough faith to play them more than 15 minutes a game...

What's the point in getting any of these young, up & coming, PG's like Bledsoe, Marshall, Wall, etc? Do you really think they'll get any playing time with the coach we have now? They'll have to sit on the bench until they're 30 years old, before Corbin will have enough faith to play them more than 15 minutes a game...

Based on what evidence?