What's new

Official Rudy Gobert Trade Ideas Thread

Let's do some lazy math.

The game was very slow-paced, only 88 possessions each. So let's say the Clippers had 42 or so remaining possessions at the time we went up 75-50.

If we change nothing on offense, and decide to play them straight up on defense and concede the layup if they happen to get past their man, and they succeed at that at a ridiculously high rate (say, 80% of the time), that's 67 points given up.

We gave up 81 points in the 2nd half.

Wow.

Holy ****. We win the game by 2.

Let's do some lazy math.

The game was very slow-paced, only 88 possessions each. So let's say the Clippers had 42 or so remaining possessions at the time we went up 75-50.

If we change nothing on offense, and decide to play them straight up on defense and concede the layup if they happen to get past their man, and they succeed at that at a ridiculously high rate (say, 80% of the time), that's 67 points given up.

Wow.

Such a strategy would accelerate the possession rate considerably. Throw in a few FTs and we're still giving up 80 in the half.

Let's do some lazy math.

Wow.
Yep. Quin should have made an adjustment on defense. Literally any adjustment

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

These talking heads are morons.

I'm not exonerating Rudy from his trash performance at all, but benching him in a series where our defensive rating was 142 without him on the court obviously wasn't the answer.
This. No one with a functional brain is saying that Rudy played great or that he is not partially responsible for the loss. He is.
And then there is LoPo and White Chocolate saying that he is the single responsible for the series elimination.
You need a single scapegoat so bad? It's because your assessment of the situation and your basketball knowledge is shallow.

He is about to begin a 5 year supermax. I think what we have to accept is that this very well could be an albatross contract that would cost additional assets for someone to take it off our hands. Probably not the bargaining chip we’d all like to believe it is.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

Rudy has use. But in the playoffs, we need personnel.

The coaching staff needs a stretch 4 who can guard outside of the paint for when teams decide to have five shooters on the floor.

Same thing we’ve needed for eons that the FO has ignored. Time for them to hit the bricks.

Quin and Rudy put a lot of pressure on Rudy and I think it was too much. He needs help on defense or he needs a new home.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Rudy had a ****** game but we need more perimeter defense. Rudy saved us too many times this season, including a playoff slewing block.

with Rudy out we got eaten alive.

This. No one with a functional brain is saying that Rudy played great or that he is not partially responsible for the loss. He is.
And then there is LoPo and White Chocolate saying that he is the single responsible for the series elimination.
You need a single scapegoat so bad? It's because your assessment of the situation and your basketball knowledge is shallow.
I never said we lost because of Rudy. Don't quote me saying that.

I said he was exposed but still played solid defense. But when you're paid $40 million, solid defense, average rebounding and no offense means you aren't worth it.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

He is about to begin a 5 year supermax. I think what we have to accept is that this very well could be an albatross contract that would cost additional assets for someone to take it off our hands. Probably not the bargaining chip we’d all like to believe it is.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere.
He would fit really well with a really good PG. In Charlotte, he would be amazing. LaMelo is a good passer as is Graham. Plus, the East has more center dependent teams where Rudy is less exposed. (Bucks, Philly, Atlanta, etc.).

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I like Rudy and want to see him stay. And it's hard for me to even think of a plausible trade. About the only other center who intrigues me is Bam Adebayo. That ain't happening. Even if he were available, I'm still happy with Rudy. But if you want to throw names around, Bam is one.

I like Rudy and want to see him stay. And it's hard for me to even think of a plausible trade. About the only other center who intrigues me is Bam Adebayo. That ain't happening. Even if he were available, I'm still happy with Rudy. But if you want to throw names around, Bam is one.

Miami blocks our number if we did that lol. I would take Bam over Gobert all day every day. He fits our timeline better and is a switchable defender.

Sabonis, Turner, and Collins are interesting too, at least to some degree. But toss Rudy at this point? I say no.