What's new

Official Rudy Gobert Trade Ideas Thread

I've been around for awhile and followed this team through all the ups and downs. I remember all the same kind of fan bs about Ostertag, how he was the problem blah blah blah.
The big argument then was the missing piece was exactly what we have now with Rudy. I'm trying not to be rude when I say this But any of you who want to trade Rudy are idiots.
Same for Mitchell. Sloan as stiff as he was in his rotations would have won us a couple championships with this team.
The problem isn't what other teams are doing to expose our weakest sets. THE PROBLEM IS WHAT WE ARE NOT DOING TO EXPOSE THEM.
This is a coaching problem not a player problem. Did anyone realize we went an entire quarter without a single 2 point make in one of the early games?
Any good coaching staff will and has exposed that. Truly Great championship teams have balance.

I dame has been taken care of. His loyalty has earned him hella money and he is a god in Portland.
He could have went somewhere else and not a fit a ring.
It isn't like leaving what you have is a guaranteed ring. There is a saying, "the grass isn't always greener on the other side"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Right, but Dame actually loves Portland if Donovan does hate Utah it’s not going to go that way. Dame has invested so much into Portland so much. I get sometimes the truth is not fun, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be the truth.

I think the system on both sides of the ball helps Rudy maximize his abilities.
I agree with a lot of your other points, but I just want to focus on this one.

I agree with that statement completely. I'll add to it. I think every single thing that we do is keeping Rudy's strengths and weaknesses in mind. We try to involve him to use his strengths on offense (screening and finishing at the rim) and funnel everything to him on defense to use his strength of rim protection. I think we brought in Conley primarily so he could get the best out of Rudy.

I think Don sees these things, and he has realized for a while that the playoffs just don't work with our focus being so Rudy heavy. He's been superman for two straight postseasons that have led to disappointment. Don has to do more on defense, but he's the main reason we aren't getting played off the court. We can change our focus and still keep Rudy, but I don't know if Rudy will stand for it.

Just imagine a team set up to maximize Don's abilities.

Don’t we kind of feel like the 2012-2014 Warriors?

Consistent 1st/2nd round team. Mark Jackson did a good job with them from when he started but the limitations were there.

They bring in Kerr and make a trade for Iguodala and boom.

Feels like we’re in a similar boat and what is going to happen is we’re keeping Mark Jackson and not trading for Iguodala.

Different players of course but sometime change is good. I doubt we move on from Quin but with Carlisle out there it has to be tempting.
Good post

It’s funny, there’s 2 people on this thread who have said they’ve actually heard he doesn’t like being here and yet some of you don’t want to hear it simply because I’m an ******* over it and have been for a long time. I’ll readily admit I have no sources, but sometimes your gut is right.
Ya but I talked to him and he said he loves it here and never wants to leave

When I talked to Rudy it was a totally different story. He called Utah a **** hole. I swear I talked to them both and that's what they told me.

Right, but Dame actually loves Portland if Donovan does hate Utah it’s not going to go that way. Dame has invested so much into Portland so much. I get sometimes the truth is not fun, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be the truth.
But Mitchell does love it here too. He told me.

It's funny that there are now 2 posts on this thread saying that they heard Donovan loves it here and you still don't want to believe it.

Don’t we kind of feel like the 2012-2014 Warriors?

Consistent 1st/2nd round team. Mark Jackson did a good job with them from when he started but the limitations were there.

They bring in Kerr and make a trade for Iguodala and boom.

Feels like we’re in a similar boat and what is going to happen is we’re keeping Mark Jackson and not trading for Iguodala.

Different players of course but sometime change is good. I doubt we move on from Quin but with Carlisle out there it has to be tempting.
Y'all just log on to say ****. lmfao

Y'all just log on to say ****. lmfao

That’s rich considering you were on here before Game 6 arguing about how dumb I was for saying Gobert can’t guard the perimeter and is a liability against small ball and then went MIA after Game 6 happened. Exactly what I was telling you happened and you had a pie thrown directly in your face. No wonder you didn’t post for awhile after that.

That’s rich considering you were on here before Game 6 arguing about how dumb I was for saying Gobert can’t guard the perimeter and is a liability against small ball and then went MIA after Game 6 happened. Exactly what I was telling you happened and you had a pie thrown directly in your face. No wonder you didn’t post for awhile after that.
Yep.

He should have stayed away longer considering all the insults he has hurled over the last year.

That’s rich considering you were on here before Game 6 arguing about how dumb I was for saying Gobert can’t guard the perimeter and is a liability against small ball
If your takeaway from Game 6 is that "Gobert can't guard the perimeter", then you didn't understand what was happening.

The reason Snyder's gameplan was to keep Gobert in the paint isn't because "Gobert can't guard the perimeter". It's because none of the other four guys could prevent penetration. If Gobert isn't camped in the paint, it's a layup.

Is Gobert's value as a rim protector basically nullified against 5-out offenses? Yes. Is it fair to question whether this team can win a title paying as much as they are to Gobert, considering the league is going to keep going more and more in on 5-out lineups? Absolutely. Does Gobert deserve a ****load of blame for having several inexcusable mental lapses once we got up 25? Hell. Yes. Does he deserve criticism for being unable to punish small ball on the other side of the court? How about for not dominating the boards? **** yes.

But in this series, Gobert's defense wasn't the liability. Everybody else's was.

If your takeaway from Game 6 is that "Gobert can't guard the perimeter", then you didn't understand what was happening.

The reason Snyder's gameplan was to keep Gobert in the paint isn't because "Gobert can't guard the perimeter". It's because none of the other four guys could prevent penetration. If Gobert isn't camped in the paint, it's a layup.

Is Gobert's value as a rim protector basically nullified against 5-out offenses? Yes. Is it fair to question whether this team can win a title paying as much as they are to Gobert, considering the league is going to keep going more and more in on 5-out lineups? Absolutely. Does Gobert deserve a ****load of blame for having several inexcusable mental lapses once we got up 25? Hell. Yes. Does he deserve criticism for being unable to punish small ball on the other side of the court? How about for not dominating the boards? **** yes.

But in this series, Gobert's defense wasn't the liability. Everybody else's was.

My biggest takeaway was small ball neutralizes him on both sides of the court.