Official Rule Regarding Links/Embedded Content

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Jason, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Jason

Jason Administrator Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    The rules were updated today to include the following:

--
    Inappropriate Language or Content Linked/Embedded: The posting of links to content external to JazzFanz.com must be appropriate for a JazzFanz.com audience at the first level of the link. Meaning, linking to a YouTube video means that video generally cannot contain extreme language, any nudity, racist remarks, etc. If there's a relatively minor issue with the link, just include a "NSFW" or "Warning: Language" note before your link. That's it. Just warn us! Members in violation of this rule will receive a warning with a point with repeated offenses.
    --

Obviously there's some subjectivity there. I'm not sure how else we define it. If I see a site with blatant content unfriendly to this website's rules then we reserve the right to remove it and, if needed, issue warnings with and without points. If it's something where a swear or three is in a 10-minute article or video, fine. If it's relevant to this audience and perhaps closer to the line, just let us know with a disclaimer...

I'll continue to review our rules and adjust as we need to adjust.

Wes Mantooth likes this.
  2. Spinoza

Spinoza Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    I'm having a hard time finding the site's rules. Are they posted anywhere?

3. Jason

Jason Administrator Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    If you're on a browser on a PC, in the yellow bar at the bottom of every page.

4. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    Here's a direct link: https://jazzfanz.com/help/terms