What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

You’re thinking of ACLs and just wearing a brace until you have surgery. You can’t walk after an Achilles rupture because you have no ability to plantarflex your foot. All of your calf muscles become useless because they no longer have an attachment. You wouldn’t be able to do something like pushing on the accelerator or brakes. You’re also non-weight bearing for over a month. I started residency on the neurology consult service on crutches (meaning you’re going around every random place in the hospital all day), which was great. When I ruptured my other one two years later, I got a knee scooter, which was a huge game changer and a world of difference. I have no idea why that hadn’t crossed my mind before and why nobody had recommended it.
You a boss

You’re thinking of ACLs and just wearing a brace until you have surgery. You can’t walk after an Achilles rupture because you have no ability to plantarflex your foot. All of your calf muscles become useless because they no longer have an attachment. You wouldn’t be able to do something like pushing on the accelerator or brakes. You’re also non-weight bearing for over a month. I started residency on the neurology consult service on crutches (meaning you’re going around every random place in the hospital all day), which was great. When I ruptured my other one two years later, I got a knee scooter, which was a huge game changer and a world of difference. I have no idea why that hadn’t crossed my mind before and why nobody had recommended it.
I’ve thought about using a knee scooter even when I’m not hurt. Looks way more fun than walking.

Curious what they come back with on the MRI… it looked like a classic Achilles tear with the way he kinda looked back. Either way I’d guess that’s a 10 game absence. That team is so wonky it might help them figure out some ****.

Curious what they come back with on the MRI… it looked like a classic Achilles tear with the way he kinda looked back. Either way I’d guess that’s a 10 game absence. That team is so wonky it might help them figure out some ****.
I think they should just pack it up, forfeit the season, send everyone to the Caribbean for some bonding and team building until March, then come back to training camp next year ready to go. That’s what would be in their best interest, or at least what I would suggest.

Nah, they don’t have the personnel.

I think they should just pack it up, forfeit the season, send everyone to the Caribbean for some bonding and team building until March, then come back to training camp next year ready to go. That’s what would be in their best interest, or at least what I would suggest.
You are a Dr… they should not go against doctors orders.

I don’t wish an injury on anyone, but if it’s written in the stars that they must get injured, I’d rather it be when we’ve got their pick.

On the other side of this, when I ruptured my Achilles I had to keep working. My employer didn’t GAF. Both times.

Feel free to wish injuries on people. Wishes dont have any actual power.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Feel free to wish injuries on people. Wishes dont have any actual power.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
al-bundy-the-hell-you-say.gif

Minnesota is royally ****ed right now.
I'm not so sure. I actually think Jaden McDaniels is the most important piece on the entire team and will likely thrive with a bigger role. It sounds strange but with all the players that they could lose I think KAT is the most easily replaceable.

I'm not so sure. I actually think Jaden McDaniels is the most important piece on the entire team and will likely thrive with a bigger role. It sounds strange but with all the players that they could lose I think KAT is the most easily replaceable.
I think they still need a better pg or someone on the team to organize them. Ant was supposed to take a step forward and it hasn't been the case. They may be able to defend now that KAT is out. Naz is a solid fill in. Overall they still will be worse imo without KAT but it isn't as catastrophic of a loss as some might think maybe?

They should honestly just bench DLo put him in the 6th man role... Give the starter minutes to J-Mac.

I think they still need a better pg or someone on the team to organize them. Ant was supposed to take a step forward and it hasn't been the case. They may be able to defend now that KAT is out. Naz is a solid fill in. Overall they still will be worse imo without KAT but it isn't as catastrophic of a loss as some might think maybe?

They should honestly just bench DLo put him in the 6th man role... Give the starter minutes to J-Mac.

Don’t kid yourselves. They are ****ing trash. If you are that bad on defense with Gobert there is no hope for you.

Timberwolves are toast (they already were) but this was the nail in the coffin.

It is tiresome to continue to bring this up but because there was so much pushback in will keep doing so.

This is why anything can happen and this is why I said they were an injury away from being in the top-10.

20 or so games missed. Not sure Minny has the shooting or pick and roll ball handler to unlock the Rudy-centric offense. I'll set the line at 8-12 with him gone... you taking the over or under?