What's new

OFFICIAL: Trade Deadline Thread

Wow... you really believe that? I don't. I believe that - yes we do have the tendency to sin. But at the same time, we've been given a Moral Compass inside all of us. And given the choice, we would rather not sin.

Human is the only natural beings in this world who can "do the right thing" even though it's against our nature.

It's documented. I put in a link for evidence.

I know this will probably net me a lot of negative rep, but so be it. I have followed the Jazz since they first moved to Utah. I remember getting an Adrian Dantley autograph outside of the Salt Palace when I was in Jr. High (Yeah I know, I'm old). I attended the draft parties when Stockton and Malone were picked, and watched them religiously, even when I moved to Seattle back in 1997.

Something today in me snapped. I had been on the fence about the team ever since Jerry quit. I started to feel like the team had lost its identity. What I was left with was the excitement of watching our young players get minutes and gel together, even if it meant that we might be in a rebuilding phase for a while. Losses hurt, but when you see your team plays their heart out every night, you can deal with some of the L's. What I've seen instead is mostly uninspired basketball with a coach that doesn't seem to get it, and a front office that is so conservative that they are willing to allow the possibility of Millsap and Jefferson to walk for nothing.

Not only that, but now we get to see Millsap and Jefferson pad their resume for the next 30 games to increase their UFA contracts, while Kanter and Favors languish on the bench. I hate to say this because I really have loved this team for over 30 years, but I think I'm done. If the Sonics return to Seattle as expected, I'm going to get season tickets and put my energy there.

I think I'm done.

I know this will probably net me a lot of negative rep, but so be it. I have followed the Jazz since they first moved to Utah. I remember getting an Adrian Dantley autograph outside of the Salt Palace when I was in Jr. High (Yeah I know, I'm old). I attended the draft parties when Stockton and Malone were picked, and watched them religiously, even when I moved to Seattle back in 1997.

Something today in me snapped. I had been on the fence about the team ever since Jerry quit. I started to feel like the team had lost its identity. What I was left with was the excitement of watching our young players get minutes and gel together, even if it meant that we might be in a rebuilding phase for a while. Losses hurt, but when you see your team plays their heart out every night, you can deal with some of the L's. What I've seen instead is mostly uninspired basketball with a coach that doesn't seem to get it, and a front office that is so conservative that they are willing to allow the possibility of Millsap and Jefferson to walk for nothing.

Not only that, but now we get to see Millsap and Jefferson pad their resume for the next 30 games to increase their UFA contracts, while Kanter and Favors languish on the bench. I hate to say this because I really have loved this team for over 30 years, but I think I'm done. If the Sonics return to Seattle as expected, I'm going to get season tickets and put my energy there.

I think I'm done.

I'll defend the Jazz FO here a little bit. They've put together a good young core with Burks, Hayward, Carroll, Favors and Kanter and managed to develop them to pretty high standards without just giving them guaranteed playing time. The players are playing well in the Jazz's system and filling their roles. The Jazz are trying to make one or two final moves to build a real contending team. This is the tricky part, and they have to be discriminating about what they do next.

Yes, Sap and Foye and Marvin have probably gotten extra minutes in order to protect their potential trade value, but lets see if that gets corrected now that the trade deadline has passed. The guy who needs more minutes now is Kanter. Favors should get up to 28 - 30 minutes as well.

If we get one more decent player via the draft and attract one legitimate FA, this is a contending team.

The Jazz were looking for trades. They went after Bledsoe. They talked to Sota about their draft pick. It's likely that other teams just didn't offer enough. The Jazz, like the Hawks and the Celtics, aren't just going to give away their players for nothing, and they're not going to take back bad deals.

ESPN thought Bledsoe/Butler for Millsap was a fair deal. My guess is that the Clippers wanted more than that.

I'll defend the Jazz FO here a little bit. They've put together a good young core with Burks, Hayward, Carroll, Favors and Kanter and managed to develop them to pretty high standards without just giving them guaranteed playing time. The players are playing well in the Jazz's system and filling their roles. The Jazz are trying to make one or two final moves to build a real contending team. This is the tricky part, and they have to be discriminating about what they do next.

Yes, Sap and Foye and Marvin have probably gotten extra minutes in order to protect their potential trade value, but lets see if that gets corrected now that the trade deadline has passed. The guy who needs more minutes now is Kanter. Favors should get up to 28 - 30 minutes as well.

If we get one more decent player via the draft and attract one legitimate FA, this is a contending team.

The Jazz were looking for trades. They went after Bledsoe. They talked to Sota about their draft pick. It's likely that other teams just didn't offer enough. The Jazz, like the Hawks and the Celtics, aren't just going to give away their players for nothing, and they're not going to take back bad deals.

ESPN thought Bledsoe/Butler for Millsap was a fair deal. My guess is that the Clippers wanted more than that.

Nice reply, and I can't argue many of your points. I am just supremely frustrated with how conservative the Miller's are. I wouldn't want the Jazz to put themselves in a worse position, but it seems to me that the Jazz are content to fill seats than they are to work to win it all. I realize it is easy for us to armchair quarterback this situation, and without knowing what was going on behind the scenes we're left to speculate. I guess it was just all apologists like Spencer Ryan Hall who were talking about how the Jazz have all the cap space, and then denying the Jazz have an issue attracting free agents. That coupled with the lack of a deal really upset me.

Nice reply, and I can't argue many of your points. I am just supremely frustrated with how conservative the Miller's are. I wouldn't want the Jazz to put themselves in a worse position, but it seems to me that the Jazz are content to fill seats than they are to work to win it all. I realize it is easy for us to armchair quarterback this situation, and without knowing what was going on behind the scenes we're left to speculate. I guess it was just all apologists like Spencer Ryan Hall who were talking about how the Jazz have all the cap space, and then denying the Jazz have an issue attracting free agents. That coupled with the lack of a deal really upset me.

I know where you are coming from. I have bought League Pass the last 7 years so I can watch the Jazz play, but this year I have barely watched and have focused on another team. However, we are in a good position this off season so we better make something happen. If not we will have wasted a golden opportunity.

Realistically, what would be the best case scenario for this offseason? I'm not being facetious, just genuinely curious what some of you who are so excited about the cap space are thinking.

realistically. I don't mean this as a stupid question, I honestly want to know what those who are excited about the space we have see it doing.