What's new

Official trade Exum and/or Bradley into cap space thread

The front office isn't dumping Exum. They have made that very clear. Personally I agree with that choice but I understand that some don't.

If a good player became available and they wanted Exum then it might happen.

Exum is going to be good this year off the bench. That second unit it going to play some damn good defense and run. Exum Royce Ingles Davis plus whoever else we pick up or one of our 2nd round picks that makes the team is going to hustle. Not sure who plays the pick and roll with Exum though. Ed Davis isnt really much of a pick and roll guy. But maybe with Exums lob ability that will change.

Durant is a proven top 3 player in the league, Finals MVP, and HOFer and even then, that monster signing is risky imo. But hey, they’re planning on winning the title not this year but next. They’re making an investment, and again, I think it’s risky.

Exum has 2 games in 4 seasons where he looked decent. and nearly every year he breaks by Christmas. So yeah, not even close to Durant.

The only reason I brought up KD is because someone brought up MJ first.....
maybe if he Quin hadn’t hooked him so quickly in some games, he might have looked decent in more than 2 games yeah...?
I know he’s a bit injury prone but I’m not giving up him yet and again, my main point is we’ve just jumped up to begin a front line contender for the championship.
I’m more than happy with what they’ve already done upstairs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty much what I'm thinking. Someone had said that Morris has been the best defender against LeBron for the past 2-3 years.

Yeah, I saw a few games. He’s pretty good. He’s thick so he can’t be bullied as easily by lebron yet is athletic enough to be able to stay in front of an aging lebron. Plus, he plays with an edge, so that helps him get under his skin a bit.

I love his offensive game. It would perfectly compliment what we’re trying to do out there regarding spacing. Hed definitely force defenders like lebron or Green to play honest and not cheat/play the passing lanes.

The only reason I brought up KD is because someone brought up MJ first.....
maybe if he Quin hadn’t hooked him so quickly in some games, he might have looked decent in more than 2 games yeah...?
I know he’s a bit injury prone but I’m not giving up him yet and again, my main point is we’ve just jumped up to begin a front line contender for the championship.
I’m more than happy with what they’ve already done upstairs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it was a stupid comparison. Exum started as a rookie and sucked. So don't give this Snyder is mean to Exum nonsense. You’re done.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw a few games. He’s pretty good. He’s thick so he can’t be bullied as easily by lebron yet is athletic enough to be able to stay in front of an aging lebron. Plus, he plays with an edge, so that helps him get under his skin a bit.

I love his offensive game. It would perfectly compliment what we’re trying to do out there regarding spacing. Hed definitely force defenders like lebron or Green to play honest and not cheat/play the passing lanes.
GO GET THESE GUYS!

marcus-morrisalex-caruso-c110dec994a75379.jpg

The Jazz desperately need Exum to show something. If Conley plays the way we all want him to play, he is only here for one year.

Ideal situation is that Conley is amazing, gets some ridiculous deal from someone else and Exum flourishes as a backup PG and takes over next year as the starting PG with Mitchell, Gobert and Bojan.

Signing Conley to another 3-4 year deal seems like a really bad deal.

We desperately need Exum to freaking do something without getting hurt.

Fixed!

I don't expect Exum to be moved but he better be aware that the ground is shifting beneath his feet. He's on a "win now" veteran team with WCF expectations. And he's no longer mixed in with inconsistent jump shooters like Rubio, Burks, Crowder and Favors - the patience for him is going to be at zero if he can't come in and hit open shots.

No, it was a stupid comparison. Exum started as a rookie and sucked. So don't give this Snyder is mean to Exum nonsense. You’re done.
When Exum started we had elite defense during that time, we also had a really good record for those games. He got the ball into the players he should, and initiated the offense like he should. He didnt force himself to do much more though. He played elite defense at the PG position during that time as well. Which is amazing for a rookie that young.

I don't expect Exum to be moved but he better be aware that the ground is shifting beneath his feet. He's on a "win now" veteran team with WCF expectations. And he's no longer mixed in with inconsistent jump shooters like Rubio, Burks, Crowder and Favors - the patience for him is going to be at zero if he can't come in and hit open shots.

Going to be ? It already is and has been he sucks.

When Exum started we had elite defense during that time, we also had a really good record for those games. He got the ball into the players he should, and initiated the offense like he should. He didnt force himself to do much more though. He played elite defense at the PG position during that time as well. Which is amazing for a rookie that young.

He underachieved as a rookie , you are making statements with your heart and not your brain. He is a bust

Cool Story.

Exum was historically horrible as a rookie.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2488602-how-dante-exum-can-bounce-back-from-rough-rookie-season

Among the 295 rookies who played in the three-point era (starting in 1979-80) and logged at least as many minutes as Exum's 1,817, he was dead last in player efficiency rating. And he didn't fare much better in a number of other metrics.

He was a complete embarrassment and liability on the offensive end. I really don't care about his defense. Perimeter defense in this league is super overrated. Especially when you factor in his offense. You can't win in today's league with a guard as abysmal on offense as Exum. Since his rookie year he's maintained his ghost status on offense and routinely gets hurt before Christmas. If we can unload him for a 2nd round pick let alone a decent player, you do it. If the NBA had 6 rounds, like the NFL, I'd unload him for a 6th round pick. The sooner we get him off this roster and replace him with a productive player, the better.

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.55.55 AM.png

He underachieved as a rookie , you are making statements with your heart and not your brain. He is a bust

He struggled to do much on offense. But again he was elite on defense, which is half the game. There is a reason we played so well with him starting at that time. Our team won a lot with him. Then he went down and we didnt win as much the next year.

But it does not really matter. You are convinced he is a bust and I dont see that. The FO and coaches believe in him as well so I trust them. He should have a good year if healthy.

But sure, Snyder hates Exum and would prefer to hinder the team's success just to stick it to him and Exum is totally the Harden stopper and stuff.

We've been hearing the same nonsense for 5 years now.

Sigh

We won't bring in either Morris... they don't have that Jazz DNA we covet.

He struggled to do much on offense. But again he was elite on defense, which is half the game. There is a reason we played so well with him starting at that time. Our team won a lot with him. Then he went down and we didnt win as much the next year.

But it does not really matter. You are convinced he is a bust and I dont see that. The FO and coaches believe in him as well so I trust them. He should have a good year if healthy.

Let me ask you this ... Do you feel that it's enough for a lottery pick to only be good at defense ? Suck at shooting ? Bricks open layups and is very nervous running an Offense ? Dante is still all of these so that's why I think he is a bust. As I said earlier front office is hoping and praying he pans out because he was a mistake both by being drafted and then extending him