What's new

Official trade Exum and/or Bradley into cap space thread

For the record, I think the Jazz aren’t reading any real interest in something like this happening and they are so desperate to save face and show Exum they believe in him that they are mostly-bluffing about how much they value him.

TLDR; he’s here because no one else wants him/his contract (and the Jazz don’t want to pay what it would cost to dump him). I would love to be wrong about everything about this topic.
I'm positive this is not the case, but it does show how deranged some fans have become about Exum.

show how deranged some fans have become about Exum.
Ron, I know you have been one of the biggest Exum supporter and I admire your belief in him. Yet we need to be honest, he has been the biggest bust so far in Jazz lottery pick history. I honestly do not remember player picked so high yet giving so little in return as Exum.

Lol. Don't need him?
You want your starters and Royce and Ed playing all the minutes.
You don't think you need good defensive guards in the second unit? smh

Relax fella was more speaking to our roster having much more playmaking and a very steady pg. We don’t need to rely on him... if he’s there great... if not we can find another backup pg on the cheap.

Ron, I know you have been one of the biggest Exum supporter and I admire your belief in him. Yet we need to be honest, he has been the biggest bust so far in Jazz lottery pick history. I honestly do not remember player picked so high yet giving so little in return as Exum.
So far he has had a slow go. Injuries have slowed his growth. That doesn't mean the Jazz don't want him or other teams wouldn't want him. But I also know you are one who really dislikes him. Even when he was playing well you said you didn't like him because he moved "feminine"

The Morris’. Jamychael Green—moreso because he’s really solid and our other four starters are so damn good. Jeff Green. Vonleh. Parker. They’re flawed but they can be since the remainder of our starters are so damn good and they’d have Rudy behind them.

At the 1, I want someone who’s proven to be competent at running an offense behind Conley. Barely anyone left at all.
I'd prioritize a four who can rebound, play D, and shoot. I previously thought adding Parker, but with where we're at now I don't think what he would bring to the table is nearly as valuable with the upgrades that we've made. My first priority list would be Morris Sr., JaMychal Green, Morris Jr.. Not sure on Vonleh. Not sure on Jeff Green. Would be ok with Ryan Anderson, assuming he gets waived, to just simply start but play ~15 minutes to basically minimize the wear and tear on Ingles and Bojan at the 4, but he wouldn't be ideal.

We need big wings.
56293e0f9dd7cc22008c4248-750-563.jpg

What we need is our LeBron stopper.

LeBron+James+Marcus+Morris+Cleveland+Cavaliers+7dTmbdKNFTRl.jpg

d93cfef9f874c2127bfbba869400000f_crop_north.jpg

lebron-james-tells-marcus-morris.jpg

I’m not sure you understand. The Jazz won’t have capspace for all intents and purposes next offseason, whether they extend Royce or not.

At any rate, the money in this theoretical scenario of opening $10-$11 million in capspace would be best spent on a PF, then on depth.

We must be talking two different things.

I'm talking about Royce. He is more important than any other hypothetical PF we are getting this year or next. We will extend O'Neale to a contract in the next few weeks that will either take into effect this season or next. And we aren't going to dump Exum to re-sign O'Neale. That makes zero sense.

I probably know the answer, but: any interest in Boogie Cousins for cheap? Give him a chance to re-establish himself out of the limelight. There seems to be no market for him:

I probably know the answer, but: any interest in Boogie Cousins for cheap? Give him a chance to re-establish himself out of the limelight. There seems to be no market for him:

Probably not. But I think the general sentiment should be that if you have a really strong culture with good leaders, you can fit in a guy like that a la Rodman and the Bulls. If we were still offensively anemic, I'd consider it. I do think it would be interesting to roll Boogie out at the 4 for brief periods. We have all these good locker room guys. Just like having Gobert allows you to get by with a poor defender here and there, does the same thing not apply? Are we not allotted one problem child?

Probably not. But I think the general sentiment should be that if you have a really strong culture with good leaders, you can fit in a guy like that a la Rodman and the Bulls. If we were still offensively anemic, I'd consider it. I do think it would be interesting to roll Boogie out at the 4 for brief periods. We have all these good locker room guys. Just like having Gobert allows you to get by with a poor defender here and there, does the same thing not apply? Are we not allotted one problem child?
That was my feeling too. I don’t really like him and there are few players with less ‘Jazz DNA’ (for what it’s worth), but he’ll get you points and rebounds.

Is he going to want to come to Utah to play 20 mpg or less? And if we bring him in, can he and Davis effectively play together? I'm not sure they can.

He's super talented, but almost got played off the floor in the playoffs. I'm just not sold on it.

We must be talking two different things.

I'm talking about Royce. He is more important than any other hypothetical PF we are getting this year or next. We will extend O'Neale to a contract in the next few weeks that will either take into effect this season or next. And we aren't going to dump Exum to re-sign O'Neale. That makes zero sense.
It’s not to re-sign O’Neale. It’s to give him an early raise.

But the bigger priority is that we could use more NBA players.

We really don’t have anyone to stop Lebron tbh. Like at all. Ingles and O’Neale would be our best options. We could use a really long 3/4 who can d. Someone like Aminu.

Exum for KBD?