What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Overall felt a lot like last year, play calling is playing not to lose and against mediocre teams at home that will usually get you a win but against good teams there is so little room for error if they play this way against the PAC12 South they will lose more games then they win.

. I think Utah needs to pass the ball down field more, but I've been saying that for 8 years with Utah. Not one down field pass in this game that I remember.

Yep

I'm not a UofU homer. Can I still post in this thread?
Congrats to Utah for winning against Harbaugh. Dude is a complete *********. He made the 49'ers more about him than the team. Complete circus. Glad he was let go and I wish him nothing but mediocrity in college. Thanks for hanging that first "L" on him, Utah.

Was slightly underwhelmed/disappointed by Utah tonight.

Booker over under yards was 125..... He didn't come close. Wilson looks like the same dude he has been for the last three years, which is to say very average. Wide receivers are not much to write home about.

The defense is very good as usual and the special teams are still as good as any in the country.

Was expecting more from the offensive skill players

Defense was good, but definitely not very good. The secondary was burned multiple times (4) for easy td pass plays. Fortunately for Utah, the QB converted on only 1 of those plays, under-threw on 1, and over threw on 2. They got 3 picks in the game, but mainly because Michigan's qb was about as accurate as Tim Tebow throwing with his right. Good win though. #goutes

I'm not a UofU homer. Can I still post in this thread?
Congrats to Utah for winning against Harbaugh. Dude is a complete *********. He made the 49'ers more about him than the team. Complete circus. Glad he was let go and I wish him nothing but mediocrity in college. Thanks for hanging that first "L" on him, Utah.

Heaven forbid a coach make it about him and his proven track record of being a winner. He certainly is a dick, but the 49ers made a terrible decision forcing him out.

Was slightly underwhelmed/disappointed by Utah tonight.

Booker over under yards was 125..... He didn't come close. Wilson looks like the same dude he has been for the last three years, which is to say very average. Wide receivers are not much to write home about.

The defense is very good as usual and the special teams are still as good as any in the country.

Was expecting more from the offensive skill players

Couple things. Wilson and Booker were actually pretty good.

Wilson went 24-33 good for 72%. Last year he'd have gone 12-33 with a pick or two and completely stalled the offense. And was a weapon with his legs. It's hard for Wilson to put up numbers with the type of play calling the coaches use with him.

As for Booker, it's hard to have a good game when your initiating first contact in the backfield. What the hell was he supposed to do? He was pretty good in the second half and still a factor in the game with over 100 yards between running and receiving. 124 to be exact. Also had 7 catches. In the first half the run blocking couldn't have been worse.

If u want to complain about anything complain about the late hit that allowed Michigan to continue a stalled drive and a poor performance by the offensive of line. Booker and Wilson were pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple things. Wilson and Booker were actually pretty good.

Wilson went 24-33 good for 72%. Last year he'd have gone 12-33 with a pick or two and completely stalled the offense. And was a weapon with his legs. It's hard for Wilson to put up numbers with the type of play calling the coaches use with him.

As for Booker, it's hard to have a good game when your initiating first contact in the backfield. What the hell was he supposed to do? He was pretty good in the second half and still a factor in the game with over 100 yards between running and receiving. 124 to be exact. Also had 7 catches. In the first half the run blocking couldn't have been worse.

If u want to complain about anything complain about the late hit that allowed Michigan to continue a stalled drive and a poor performance by the offensive of line. Booker and Wilson were pretty good.

Ya you are right about Wilson. He was pretty good. (He looked really fast on the long run that got called back for holding)

But Booker is a running back who I was thinking would be in the heisman discussion and he averaged about three yards per carry. It's nice that he caught the ball but I will still call three yards per carry from the superstar of the team a bad performance.
Maybe the o-line didn't block well. Maybe Michigan's defense was really good. Either way he didn't run the ball well imo.

Thank god Michigan's qb missed some open receivers on long passes and Utahs defense scored a td.

Ya you are right about Wilson. He was pretty good. (He looked really fast on the long run that got called back for holding)

But Booker is a running back who I was thinking would be in the heisman discussion and he averaged about three yards per carry. It's nice that he caught the ball but I will still call three yards per carry from the superstar of the team a bad performance.
Maybe the o-line didn't block well. Maybe Michigan's defense was really good. Either way he didn't run the ball well imo.

Thank god Michigan's qb missed some open receivers on long passes and Utahs defense scored a td.

Did u watch the game?? There were defensive players in his grill from the moment he got the handoff in almost every play in the first half. No rb can put up good averages with that happening. His yards per carry would've been even worse if not for his good second half and he still managed 124 yards of purpose and was the best player on offense for Utah.

The offense of line could not have blocked any worse on run place. No one in college football could have run well under those circumstances. Don't forget he also had seven catches for 55 yards.

This is the sign of a superstar. Even with the chips against Booker he still made plays and put up good numbers even if his running numbers were low.

Did u watch the game?? There were defensive players in his grill from the moment he got the handoff in almost every play in the first half. No rb can put up good averages with that happening. His yards per carry would've been even worse if not for his good second half and he still managed 124 yards of purpose and was the best player on offense for Utah.

The offense of line could not have blocked any worse on run place. No one in college football could have run well under those circumstances. Don't forget he also had seven catches for 55 yards.

This is the sign of a superstar. Even with the chips against Booker he still made plays and put up good numbers even if his running numbers were low.

Yep watched the game.
I think 3 yards per carry is poor for a superstar even if it's the o-lines fault. (Notice I didn't blame booker for the crappy numbers...... I just said that 3 yards per carry is not good enough)

If he has a good year he will be in the Heisman running Let's not forget he still had 124 yards all together in a hard nosed defensive game that was very physical I see him having a few 200 + yard games due to his receiving skills to go with the running, and at times he will be our entire offense carrying the ball.

Yep watched the game.
I think 3 yards per carry is poor for a superstar even if it's the o-lines fault. (Notice I didn't blame booker for the crappy numbers...... I just said that 3 yards per carry is not good enough)

I don't think u realize just how bad the line was in the first half. No one is getting yards when they are getting hit in the backfield on every play. I'm sorry but facts are facts. An rb can't do it all on there own.

I don't think u realize just how bad the line was in the first half. No one is getting yards when they are getting hit in the backfield on every play. I'm sorry but facts are facts. An rb can't do it all on there own.

You are hard to interact with sometimes.
I agreed with you that Wilson was actually pretty good.
I said that it might not have been bookers fault for the poor rushing numbers and didn't put the blame on him.

I have backed off my original statement a ton and tried to agree with you over and over again.
All im saying at this point is that the rushing numbers were poor. Maybe you even disagree with that.
Booker played a perfect game!

You are hard to interact with sometimes.
I agreed with you that Wilson was actually pretty good.
I said that it might not have been bookers fault for the poor rushing numbers and didn't put the blame on him.

I have backed off my original statement a ton and tried to agree with you over and over again.
All im saying at this point is that the rushing numbers were poor. Maybe you even disagree with that.
Booker played a perfect game!

Never said he played perfect, but u put it on Booker saying if he's a Heisman hopeful he should be putting up better stats. All I'm saying is that no rb in the country will put up numbers any better then Booker then add in that he's a very good wr in the backfield and he does better then most in those same conditions

Booker's numbers were fine. Over 100 all purpose yards. Michigan had the #6 rushing defense last year. They added Harbaugh and should be even better. This is the toughest defense Utah will play all year.

Wilson was great. The OL pass blocking was great. Covey was great. Utah is a really, really good team. Like Cowherd said after the game, "Utah is the only team in the PAC-12 without question marks."

Utah is just a solid, solid team. If the offense can keep progressing, this could be a very, very good year. Very good.

Booker's numbers were fine. Over 100 all purpose yards. Michigan had the #6 rushing defense last year. They added Harbaugh and should be even better. This is the toughest defense Utah will play all year.

Wilson was great. The OL pass blocking was great. Covey was great. Utah is a really, really good team. Like Cowherd said after the game, "Utah is the only team in the PAC-12 without question marks."

Utah is just a solid, solid team. If the offense can keep progressing, this could be a very, very good year. Very good.
I don't really disagree with anything in your post.
I would say however that if the defense doesn't score a td and Michigan's qb hit a wide open receiver on an easy pass for a td, then this game could have easily been a loss.

I do agree that utah has a very solid team though and I was one of the first to post in this thread about how I think they will win 9 games or more and have as good a chance as anybody at winning the conference championship