What's new

Official UofU homer thread

I don't really disagree with anything in your post.
I would say however that if the defense doesn't score a td and Michigan's qb hit a wide open receiver on an easy pass for a td, then this game could have easily been a loss.

I do agree that utah has a very solid team though and I was one of the first to post in this thread about how I think they will win 9 games or more and have as good a chance as anybody at winning the conference championship

Fair enough. In the same vein, if Paul doesn't have two PF's and Phillips hits his FG's, Utah wins 30-3.

I get that the Michigan QB's foot was inbounds when he got hit, but when you hit a QB that hard as he's so obviously headed out of bounds, I think 90% of refs are throwing a flag.

Glad it didn't cost us the game.

I agree. It was a bad play by Paul. Unsportsmanlike all the way. I'd hate to lose Booker or Wilson on a play like that. We are better than that. I'm glad they penalized him. That's not football. That's dirty, cheap, crap.

This is byu logic after every game.

"If all the stuff that happened in the game had happened differently, then the game would have gone differently."

Cool Story Zoob.

Only some BYU fans. Every game has those plays for BOTH teams. There are overthrows, missed tackles, TO's, penalties and injuries on both sides. Games often come down to who makes the fewest mistakes or which team makes a couple of big plays.

Congrats to Utah. For once I was actually a Ute fan (I hate Harbaugh). I'll cheer for them against USC too.

I just heard about Hatfield about an hour ago and maybe I was just in the dark but I assumed even once he was back he would sit out the season because of how much time he missed (spring and fall camp) and what not and that next year he could play the whole season and hopefully come out like a man on fire with something to prove to the the team and the NFL.

As far as this season no doubt he could help once the PAC12 season starts due to the offensive sets requiring defenses to run a variety of nickle defensive packages or dime in some cases.

I'd be surprised if he actually gets time in the USU game just because of conditioning, I mean it would be awesome if the U can jump up big early and so he can get a little playing time but even then they may figure it's not worth the risk of injury (due to conditioning) I figure even next game against Fresno is a long shot.

I heard them talking about the utes being ranked on the radio but it was just a teaser and they didn't say what number (I got home and turned the radio off so I never got to hear)

What is their ranking?

Dang straight. Has Utah ever been ranked after one win when they weren't ranked the week before?

#theperks
#P5Bias
No bias. They deserve to be ranked and you could argue they should have been ranked the week prior. They finished last season ranked and returned almost everybody. If anything I'd say they were underrated to begin the season.

I agree that they deserve to be ranked. They are good

Lots of nervous Ute fans after 2 ugly-ish wins but I'll take it. We're very lucky Travis is only missing a game. I haven't been super impressed with Oregon in the first 2 weeks. They seem less physical than they normally are (which isn't much to begin with) and Vernon Adams has been "meh". Michigan State just gave Utah the blueprint on how a physical team can beat them without getting into a shoot-out.

Ugly or not, Utah can leave Oregon at 4-and-0 in two weeks if they tighten up a few things on both sides of the ball.

Lots of nervous Ute fans after 2 ugly-ish wins but I'll take it. We're very lucky Travis is only missing a game. I haven't been super impressed with Oregon in the first 2 weeks. They seem less physical than they normally are (which isn't much to begin with) and Vernon Adams has been "meh". Michigan State just gave Utah the blueprint on how a physical team can beat them without getting into a shoot-out.

Ugly or not, Utah can leave Oregon at 4-and-0 in two weeks if they tighten up a few things on both sides of the ball.

I've been wanting to post something about the game since it ended but ... well I guess nervous might be the closest word I can think of. I am happy to hear TW's shoulder isn't serious looks like he might only miss 1 week.

Let's just say the most optimistic thing I can think to say is, there's lots of cleaning up to do and room for improvement (for penalties, play and coaching).

Happy for the win for sure but it's like they did JUST enough to win, just enough bad (mistakes, penalties and play calling) to give the other team a chance to win and then just enough good plays to pull it out and give you some nervous hope.

I've been wanting to post something about the game since it ended but ... well I guess nervous might be the closest word I can think of. I am happy to hear TW's shoulder isn't serious looks like he might only miss 1 week.

Let's just say the most optimistic thing I can think to say is, there's lots of cleaning up to do and room for improvement (for penalties, play and coaching).

Happy for the win for sure but it's like they did JUST enough to win, just enough bad (mistakes, penalties and play calling) to give the other team a chance to win and then just enough good plays to pull it out and give you some nervous hope.

This is a great post that pretty much sums it up. One thing that we'll only find out after the season moves on is, just how good are USU and Michigan? Many have picked USU to be the G5 rep in one of the big bowl games, and with how good Michigans Defense is, they may be an 8 win team.

Maybe the 2 teams Utah has struggled with aren't that bad, or maybe Utah is not as good as we hoped. We're definitely not good with Travis Wilson out so let's hope when he comes back, he stays healthy. It's still early. We're seeing teams like ASU struggle with Cal-Poly. Lots to be sorted out.

I thought we looked pretty terrible on Friday night, if it was Chuckie Keeton of a couple years ago it would have been a loss. Our defense just looks slow. The offense remains one dimensional. Play calling isn't helping, how often can you run the ball with Booker up the middle?

I think it will just be more of last year, super ugly games with (hopefully) lots of close wins.

Our Defense is better than most Utes fans are thinking after two games.