What's new

Official UofU homer thread

No sense in starting Covey if Wilson is back the following week. KT seems just as athletic, both have weak throw game, no sense in starting the inexperienced Freshman, but certainly a chance to get him quite a few reps.

Stick with the composed Senior, build a solid lead, and then see what Hansen can do.

Utah can't seriously be thinking about letting Wison play in this game, can they? Sounds like Chase Hansen has been getting plenty of practice snaps, which has me hopeful. Assuming the sit Wilson as planned, it still sounds like Thompson is starting. I'm just holding out hope that Hansen can get around 60% of the offensive stats.

Utah can't seriously be thinking about letting Wison play in this game, can they? Sounds like Chase Hansen has been getting plenty of practice snaps, which has me hopeful. Assuming the sit Wilson as planned, it still sounds like Thompson is starting. I'm just holding out hope that Hansen can get around 60% of the offensive stats.

This sucks. Tough dilemma. FSU is so bad that it would be amazing to let Wilson get two or three easy TD drives to boost the confidence before Oregon. BUT, if he were to re injure himself....you don't want to be dealing with this all year.

Tough call.

This sucks. Tough dilemma. FSU is so bad that it would be amazing to let Wilson get two or three easy TD drives to boost the confidence before Oregon. BUT, if he were to re injure himself....you don't want to be dealing with this all year.

Tough call.
I think you have to sit Wilson.... You make a good point about him getting confidence but that is a huge risk. A huge unnecessary risk

I think you have to sit Wilson.... You make a good point about him getting confidence but that is a huge risk. A huge unnecessary risk

I begrudgingly agree. I had this game being the game Utah found its stride offensively. This sucks. No more "practice" games before the real games start.

If Wilson is healthy enough to play he should play. If he isn't he shouldn't. As I'm not a doctor nor have I examined him I won't jump to any conclusions.

I begrudgingly agree. I had this game being the game Utah found its stride offensively. This sucks. No more "practice" games before the real games start.

Utah can still find its stride by blocking better at the point of attack and setting booker up for those big runs. Making Oregon have to respect the running game is going to help Travis more than anything.

Utah can still find its stride by blocking better at the point of attack and setting booker up for those big runs. Making Oregon have to respect the running game is going to help Travis more than anything.

Very true. And Oregon isn't a defensive stalwart. We won't play a defense as good as USU or Michigan for another month (FSU, Oregon, bye, Cal). There is still time to improve.

If Wilson is healthy enough to play, I say keep him on the bench and hope you don't need to go to him. I don't think getting into the game against FSU is going to make him significantly more prepared to face Oregon.

I think Booker and the sacks look how we thought they would look this year. This is where Utah starts to hit their stride.

How far back does the term "pick 6" go. I heard it for the first time in my life a couple weeks ago and now I'm hearing it all the time.

How far back does the term "pick 6" go. I heard it for the first time in my life a couple weeks ago and now I'm hearing it all the time.
Pretty far back.
I like calling that play the TAINT (touchdown after interception)

A bill Simmons special