What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

First page is updated. We would have picks 11/16/28 if the draft was today. We have a rough schedule coming up and I wouldn’t be surprised if Lauri is out for a few of them. We could realistically drop to 9. I think 6/7/8 would be extremely hard to get to with such a small amount of games left.

My biggest rooting interest this year is Wolves losses and it’s not even close. I found the end of the game on NBATV and yelled at the TV when the Hawks final (awful, you suck Quin) shot didn’t go. Felt like the most I’ve cared about a result all season

Looking at remaining schedules, the OKC Thunder could be unsung heroes here. They have a decent chance of ending with 42 wins (games remaining against UTA, CHA, DET, POR, IND, LAL and LAC). Dallas, likewise, could end with 42 wins (games remaining against CHA, CHA, IND, ATL, CHI, SAS). If the Twolves come in with 41 wins, the Twolves would be in a 9 v. 10 matchup with the Lakers in the play-in. Not a good place to be.

Looking at remaining schedules, the OKC Thunder could be unsung heroes here. They have a decent chance of ending with 42 wins (games remaining against UTA, CHA, DET, POR, IND, LAL and LAC). Dallas, likewise, could end with 42 wins (games remaining against CHA, CHA, IND, ATL, CHI, SAS). If the Twolves come in with 41 wins, the Twolves would be in a 9 v. 10 matchup with the Lakers in the play-in. Not a good place to be.
I’m rooting for the Twolves at that point.

My biggest rooting interest this year is Wolves losses and it’s not even close. I found the end of the game on NBATV and yelled at the TV when the Hawks final (awful, you suck Quin) shot didn’t go. Felt like the most I’ve cared about a result all season
**** was rough.

I just wanna know why Atlanta thought that the coach they needed is the one that might have been the principle reason that the Jazz - a better team than the Hawks - unraveled last year.

I’m rooting for the Twolves at that point.
We are on the same page. I would prefer they suck this year and be good next year for Mike and Rudy but at that stage they play pretty well. And they play more than 50 games without KAT. If Ant return well i can see them ending 6 to 8.

Is the pick based off of end of season standing or after the play in?

If the T'wolves lose in the play-in tournament and miss the playoffs, their pick goes in the lottery regardless of where their regular-season record would place them. So even if the Twolves finish with 41 wins, they could lose in the play-in and give the Jazz a late lottery pick, as they'd effectively finish the season as the 9th or 10th seed.

It's still possible for the Jazz to finish with the 9th pick and either the 13th or 14th pick.

I hate this season so much. Inches from two top-10 picks (with decent odds at jumping into the top-3), but sure, let's be the 2010's Raptors and hope we can catch lightning in a bottle one time.
We have found a new All-Star (maybe MIP + All-NBA), ROY candidate and other young promising guys (Sexton, Ochai, THT) while only piling up assets and cap space during the process.

But sure, this season sucks because we have worse lotto ball odds than Spurs.

Just watched the end of that Wolves-Hawks and omfg the refs screwed the Hawks there at the end. I mean Hawks (read: Quin) did screw themselves as well by coming up with such a crappy final play. Also they left 5 extra seconds on the game clock on the previous possession even though its hard to disagree with Bogdan taking that shot.

But then the refs took over:
  • KAT hooks Collins arm on that final Wolves play and then stumbles down awkwardly. First foul should be the one that counts. - Probably still gonna weasel their way about it in the L2M since they never want to say the review failed.
  • After Hunter misses his 3 pointer Saddiq Bey tries to tip the ball in and Taurean Prince backs into him taking away his landing space. - Thats gonna be a INC in the L2M and there should be no question
    • Prince even looks at the refs knowing he screwed up
Heres the Bey tip:

Soo.. to clarify. Are lottery positions determined by where each team finishes at the END of the season? Or AFTER the playin tournaments are completed?