What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

We looked pretty locked into the #9 pick. Minnesota looks like they’ll end up anywhere from 16-18 currently. Philadelphia could potentially drop to 25/26 if they lose a couple more games.

Minny win because they play really well, not because Kings are bad. All starters in double digit, 33 assist for 6 TO ! Elite defense. I know many people here expect Minny to suck , if we are realistic, they play quite well since 10 games and can end in the PO directly. It sucks for our pick but as i allways root for Rudy and Mike success, i can deal with it. Rudy was huge tonight in the 4th as was Mike.

I agree with this. Still think the Jazz should’ve offered LA a deal they couldn’t turn down before the season started. Give them 3 quality starters for a pick swap this year and the same top 4 protected pick we ended up with anyways.

Maybe the Lakers still deal with the Wolves at the deadline, but if they had this version of Conley, I’d doubt it.

I really think the Lakers wanted Russell more than any single player we would have offered them. Plus a pre-season deal likely would have included Bogey in it. We actually needed to the cap space we got from the KO trade to make the Westbrook trade happen later on anyways.

Minny win because they play really well, not because Kings are bad. All starters in double digit, 33 assist for 6 TO ! Elite defense. I know many people here expect Minny to suck , if we are realistic, they play quite well since 10 games and can end in the PO directly. It sucks for our pick but as i allways root for Rudy and Mike success, i can deal with it. Rudy was huge tonight in the 4th as was Mike.

Lol you think Sacramento’s defense is good? You also flip-flop on Minnesota after every single game lmao.

Lol you think Sacramento’s defense is good? You also flip-flop on Minnesota after every single game lmao.
I dont say that Sacramento defense is good. They conceide 118 points per game this season as tonight. They were ate their usual level. but they are 3rd at West so for a bad team..... i wish next year Jazz are as bad as this and end 3rd.

I may flip flop on Minnesota but as least i did not predict they will collapse this year....

Minnesota doesn’t score a FG for a 9:18 minute stretch of actual game time in their win against Golden State and tonight Sacramento shoots 5/27 from 3 to go along with their terrible defense. **** is so annoying.

I dont say that Sacramento defense is good. They conceide 118 points per game this season as tonight. They were ate their usual level. but they are 3rd at West so for a bad team..... i wish next year Jazz are as bad as this and end 3rd.

I may flip flop on Minnesota but as least i did not predict they will collapse this year....

You’re right you said they were going to be a top-2 team lmao.

You’re right you said they were going to be a top-2 team lmao.
Your right i was clearly thinking they were a top 2-3 as West. But they play 55 games without their best player for me KAT, which probably did not help. I still believe they can be a contender next year if KAT and ANT are healthy. and if Rudy and Mike not falling down which can allways happen considering their ages.

Your right i was clearly thinking they were a top 2-3 as West. But they play 55 games without their best player for me KAT, which probably did not help. I still believe they can be a contender next year if KAT and ANT are healthy. and if Rudy and Mike not falling down which can allways happen considering their ages.

I think they will be a lot better next year and I’m glad that is the year we skipped getting their pick or swap. That is the last year before they have to pay Edwards and McDaniels plus it’s the last year of Conley’s current deal.

I think they will be a lot better next year and I’m glad that is the year we skipped getting their pick or swap. That is the last year before they have to pay Edwards and McDaniels plus it’s the last year of Conley’s current deal.
Yes i agree, thats also why i think the Minny strategy is quite risky. They have a 2 years windows ( this year and next) to achieve something great. After that as you say, they have to pay ANT and MC Daniels, and Rudy and Mike will start to be very old....

Minnesota holds the tie-breakers over several relevant teams, including the Lakers, Dallas and likely the Warriors. Warriors and Clippers need to win enough games to hold the Twolves off and keep them in the play-in range.

OI post some comment from Minny fan here :

1/ Amazing we got the 3 2nds! Moving D-Lo has been addition by subtraction, but Conley's defense and vet leadership has been absolutely huge, we've gone from the team constantly making dumb turnovers pre-trade to the team causing turnover problems for the other team.

Since joining the team Conley is averaging more steals (1.3) than turnovers (1.2) with a 4/1 A/T.
That's amazing.

2/We've never seen the maturity of our team like we're seeing right now.

The leadership of Mike Conley and Kyle Anderson is really something.

Dlo for Conley ad 3 2nds is the steal of the century for our team.

3/Mike Conley has been an incredible stabilizing force. People crap on Connelly, but that move may have saved our season.

4/This is the Gobert I think we should have got from the trade. He played awesome.

Which make me wonder if the last trade was a really good one. I an understand the logic, Mike is old and not part of the rebuilding future> but we make Miny better and this sucks for this year !!!

I don’t think anyone was saying “hell no” as much as “how much are we willing to pay for a guy to backup Kessler?” He’s not going to come cheap. On his current contract, great. No problem. On his next contract? Same issues as Vando. Not sure I want that next contract on my books. Just don’t think the Jazz can compete in pay, minutes and role.
Nah… people were downplaying his game. He’s worlds better than Vando. I get not wanting to pay a ton but he’d be able to get 20-25 minutes a night really easily.