What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

With the wolves pick looking worse and worse we may have some good news with the Philly pick. A week ago I thought that pick was going to end up at 30 but they struggled last week and have a brutal schedule to finish the season. If they lose to the nugs tonight then I think worst case that pick will be 27. Best case is 25 with the cavs and griz passing them. While the sixers have a brutal schedule the cavs have an easy schedule with only 6 games left with 4 of those games being the magic twice and the hornets and pacers.

Last night sucked because it almost would have guaranteed the Wolves are a play in team. I think its 50/50 now. Jazz didn't shoot themselves in the foot though... Mavs ******** the bed and NO not figuring stuff out hurt more than the trades.

Yeah I don't like him. Like he's my top most disliked player in the NBA. He's always angry, shouting at players, shouting at refs (not sure why he doesn't get more techs).

But - he's not the reason the Warriors are declining. The trio is getting old, but it's them hanging their hat on Poole that's gonna be their downfall. He's just not worth the money IMO and his ability doesn't match his confidence. Also there's just something about his personality that rubs me the wrong way. Like he's the opposite of Tim Duncan. Not to mention that it clashes with Draymond's.

Not sure why they think he's the guy that'll take them into the next phase.. but if you saw his final minute mistake against the Twolves, that kinda sums up my point.
He is the perfect poster-child for toxic masculinity and bullying culture in sports. Cannot stand him.

Was really hoping it would be us in the play in and the Wolves choking to gift us a lottery pick.
It was not to be I guess. This org has made its choice based on the fact that the Wolves are unlikely to be in the lottery now.
They are playing so well, they are more likely to avoid the play in sitting 6 than even be in it smh.
We could just as easily be picking 10th and 20th and I think I would have rather picked 12 and 15 if you know what i mean. that 18 and after pick is pretty meh
outside of taking a flier on some long term project and with this orgs fast forward rebuild timeline, I think they go high floor rotation ceiling player after the lottery.
Maybe if some schmuck slides to 28 we can take a flier there on a project

Also... how come Portland can just be like "we are shutting down Lillard" and not receive a fine or some ****. Thought we were going to be real tough on tankers... now they just openly like... "yeah he's done" and that's cool? At least make em lie and exaggerate and injury or something.

Also... how come Portland can just be like "we are shutting down Lillard" and not receive a fine or some ****. Thought we were going to be real tough on tankers... now they just openly like... "yeah he's done" and that's cool? At least make em lie and exaggerate and injury or something.
I think the fact that he just missed most of a season to real injury and that he’s in his mid-30’s matters.

They should do some weighted average thing for the lotto... like your record at 50 games is given like 200% the weight of your record the last 32 games.

Jazz should have done that early on by trading Bogey, Conley and Clarkson for Westbrook and THT. Super swap this year and that top 4 protected 27’ pick. Could’ve just kept Vando and Beasley at that point.
Or whatever the iteration. I will die on the hill that they would’ve gotten a better deal and improved their draft positioning had Danny decided to budge earlier on his demands of “EVERYTHING OR ELSE”. Would’ve kept Minnesota toxic as hell, too.

That’s the only thing I can really be upset about vis-a-vis the whole draft positioning topic at this point. The Jazz are cramming for the final after not going to class for most of the semester.

They ****ed around and now we’re gonna find out.

I think the fact that he just missed most of a season to real injury and that he’s in his mid-30’s matters.
or maybe because they suck and are out of the playoff race already anyway smh
Don't worry tank or die crowd DA has put in the fix we are moving to 1 from 9 and the Wolves are not giving us a decent pick this year but nobody will care.
Maybe he will pick the Jackson kid out of UConn at 21 from the Wolves and he can be our steal of the draft.
Personally hope the Blazers overpick Miller and he goes to prison for being dumb as a bag of nuts

Its lame. If I was Indiana or another team I'd be calling this out to the league... would leak it to Woj or something.

Its lame. If I was Indiana or another team I'd be calling this out to the league... would leak it to Woj or something.
Screw that. I have zero issues with what the blazers are doing. They gave it there best shot to make the playoffs this year but are now out of the playoff picture so it makes all the sense in the world to force feed the young players minutes and rest their 32yr old star player so that he can go into the offseason healthy. With Nurkic's injury history it makes sense to shut him down as well so he can go into the offseason healthy. The jazz should be doing the same thing with Olynyk at this point but we don't seem to be particularly good at this tanking thing so far.

Screw that. I have zero issues with what the blazers are doing. They gave it there best shot to make the playoffs this year but are now out of the playoff picture so it makes all the sense in the world to force feed the young players minutes and rest their 32yr old star player so that he can go into the offseason healthy. With Nurkic's injury history it makes sense to shut him down as well so he can go into the offseason healthy. The jazz should be doing the same thing with Olynyk at this point but we don't seem to be particularly good at this tanking thing so far.
And once a bunch of teams do it they will start doling out punishments? It seems like it will be the second or third teams that do this stuff that will be punished. They are repeat offenders as they went FULL TANK mode last season too.

They have to win 1 or the 2. They win agasint GSW, they can afford to loose this one. They have 2 important games coming against Suns and Fakers. Nicve to see that Mike can play B2B easily Never understood why Jazz management did not let him play.