What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

If I'm Dallas I would shut things down and try to retain my draft pick this year. It doesn't seem like they are doing that, but it definitely worries me a little bit.

If tanking means trying to lose, then we are not tanking.
If tanking means not trying your best to win, then we DEFINITELY are tanking. Too many convenient and lingering injuries.

I think there are few more important goals for the FO.. mainly Kessler and Lauri bids for All-Rookie and All-NBA. They will allow them to set/improve the media hype records. That will finish the season on a high note for the key guys and will build confidence going forward.

Also getting better look at Dok, Juzang, Jones, JTA and these 10 day guys is likely something they want to do and they are trying to get the best possible guys for those spots to find keepers. Latter part of which definitely goes against the tank.. but if they find another Dunn and it costs us 1 spot in the lottery odds I think they would take that deal.

Try again… look at our starting lineup and start again. We are at like a 5 or 6 on the tanking scale… last night we turned it to a 9… spurs went to a 10+ and then removed the limits. They were just much more shameless than us and our guys made a few extra shots.
All of our guys have legitimate injuries

Karaban has a lot of eligibility left, but if the Huskies win it all, I could see him getting some late first attention. Maybe he or somebody similar stays in for us to steal. I think his movement off ball game is underrated. I never noticed him much until the tournament, but he was hidden and has the tools.

good heavens guys... we are tanking the effs outta this B... problem is it is full tank season and others are doing the same but worse. I swear its not this hard. If we were in a playoff race Sexton, JC, and Lauri all would have played last night.

good heavens guys... we are tanking the effs outta this B... problem is it is full tank season and others are doing the same but worse. I swear its not this hard. If we were in a playoff race Sexton, JC, and Lauri all would have played last night.
Dude were 5-5 in last 10. Its not a bad tank, its the worst tank ever since its better than our win% before last 10.

And that is despite we lost to the worst tanking team Portland who is 1-9 in L10 and also beat 2 playoff teams and won 3 road games during that stretch.

I heard he had the sniffles and a scratchy throat doe.... JK and good point. It was non-covid illness but maybe it was flu like symptoms. Maybe he had the Hood Tummy.
Let’s just cut the crap. KO didn’t play because the Jazz just didn’t want him to.

The Jazz are trying hard to tank right now but they are cramming. Anyone that says otherwise is in full blown denial at this stage. Last night was a debacle.

Dude were 5-5 in last 10. Its not a bad tank, its the worst tank ever since its better than our win% before last 10.

And that is despite we lost to the worst tanking team Portland who is 1-9 in L10 and also beat 2 playoff teams and won 3 road games during that stretch.
They won two close games they had no business of winning. Should have held Lauri or Walker out of the Boston game and Sac should have beaten us. They didn't think they needed to go any harder. The other wins were Orlando, Charlotte and SA... what do those teams have in common?

Its a balancing act because Lauri wants to make all-nba and we want him too as well. It opens up some extension options for us. Sitting him a few extra games can be the difference between making it and not making it. We tried to thread the needle and missed.

They won two close games they had no business of winning. Should have held Lauri or Walker out of the Boston game and Sac should have beaten us. They didn't think they needed to go any harder. The other wins were Orlando, Charlotte and SA... what do those teams have in common?
Well not much between all 3. Orlando and Charlotte are the only teams in addition to us outside of play-in who are 5-5 in last 10. Everyone else is 3-7 or worse.

They also beat some good teams to get in that form. They are playing the best basketball of their season lately, and neither one is trying to lose. In fact, Magic has already risked losing 2 spots in the draft since Blazers caught up to them and Pacers are also just 0.5 games ahead.

SA on the other hand is fighting for #1 pick for sure.

Its a balancing act because Lauri wants to make all-nba and we want him too as well. It opens up some extension options for us. Sitting him a few extra games can be the difference between making it and not making it. We tried to thread the needle and missed.

Him getting All-NBA doesn’t affect his extension options at all I’m fairly certain.

Well not much between all 3. Orlando and Charlotte are the only teams in addition to us outside of play-in who are 5-5 in last 10. Everyone else is 3-7 or worse.

They also beat some good teams to get in that form. They are playing the best basketball of their season lately, and neither one is trying to lose. In fact, Magic has already risked losing 2 spots in the draft since Blazers caught up to them and Pacers are also just 0.5 games ahead.

SA on the other hand is fighting for #1 pick for sure.
They aren't good teams and winning isn't a priority. Sacramento was a fluke game... no reason to win that one but it happens sometimes. Boston wasn't a fluke but we played our guys.

Him getting All-NBA doesn’t affect his extension options at all I’m fairly certain.
Not sure... but I thought it would mean he could get a designated vet max deal... too lazy to look it up... and there may be a new CBA by the end of the week.

Agreed but we are on the extremely low level side to the point I wouldn't call it tanking. Spurs are high end tanking.

Also if it wasnt THT it would have been someone else. THT just used the possessions. We picked a dude up off the street and he outplayed their entire team.
Dude... THT was cooking. I would not expect this kind of disrespect from you... he hit fade away threes from the corner and like 6-7 uniquely Talen layups. Maybe someone using those possessions comes out with 25-30 pts... that is literally the difference between winning and losing.

Dude... THT was cooking. I would not expect this kind of disrespect from you... he hit fade away threes from the corner and like 6-7 uniquely Talen layups. Maybe someone using those possessions comes out with 25-30 pts... that is literally the difference between winning and losing.
He definitely made it an easy win, but I think we win regardless either way.

They aren't good teams and winning isn't a priority. Sacramento was a fluke game... no reason to win that one but it happens sometimes. Boston wasn't a fluke but we played our guys.
They arent good teams but they are not tanking either and we didnt beat them because they werent trying.

The Blazers, Spurs and Detroit are the only abominations right now... We have only played two of them and are 1-1 against them in L10.

We arent being out-tanked in our wins, despite being out-tanked in the standings.

Not sure... but I thought it would mean he could get a designated vet max deal... too lazy to look it up... and there may be a new CBA by the end of the week.

If you’ve been traded any time since your first four seasons you’re ineligible for that.