What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Dallas plays their next two games @MIA and @ATL back to back (Sat and Sun). They might get eliminated from the playoffs this week.

Do we need to worry about Dallas tanking their last 3? Isnt their pick traded with top 10 protection?
We definitely need to be worried. This becomes a who can tank best contest and we suck at that game.

I’ve been told several times we aren’t tanking… so we have no need to worry… other teams that are tanking will fall below us obviously… but management doesn’t care.

Hot take: We want the Mavs to miss the playoffs and keep their pick.

Reasoning: The Mavs get the 10th pick and are desperate. We trade them the Wolves pick and Sexton to move up to 10.
It’s not super hot… I had the same thought. Mavs and Wiz are the only teams I think would trade a top ten pick to move back to the Minny range and collect another player or asset.

It’s not super hot… I had the same thought. Mavs and Wiz are the only teams I think would trade a top ten pick to move back to the Minny range and collect another player or asset.
Just can’t have them tank below us… but since we aren’t tanking it will happen.

Reasoning: The Mavs get the 10th pick and are desperate. We trade them the Wolves pick and Sexton to move up to 10.
why would the Mavs want young bulls contract, when he has not been able to earn his paycheck this season? Who would we have to eat to move up in that scenario? Bertans? THJ? Not gonna work for DA imo. He would find better value at the deadline after Sexton plays awhile and get a couple contracts that make more sense- if in fact Sexton is not considered a part of his long term plan anymore. Not sold he ever was really, but we don't know that yet.

Garza is a guy that I’d be interested in trying to poach this off-season. Wouldn’t pay much, but it still might be more than the Wolves will be willing to pay.
Luka has a strangely effective game. It would be kinda fun off the bench. Co-sign.

Hotter take: they get destroyed as the 10 seed in the play-in and lose their pick. Minnesota implodes and we get 10 anyway. With no clear avenues for improvement (aka a top 10 pick) Kylie leaves and Luka demands out. We trade for Luka.

Wizards are showing signs of life against the Magic.

Edit: Welp, that's a pretty impressive collapse in the 4th quarter.

Last edited: