What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

I know you’re down bad. You could be such a good poster if you just stopped being a contrarian about everything. It feels super good to root for Kessler and Sexton you should try it.
Man, you are an odd one. You think I dont root for WK or Sexton?

And why would I be down bad if I predicted the Wolves being good and they just had an amazing January and are trending up?

Being critical and objective viewer of a team does not mean I dont want to see Jazz players succeed. You dont have to be a blind homer to have fun being a basketball fan. Sorry I dont like basketball the exact way you like basketball.

Being critical and objective viewer of a team does not mean I dont want to see Jazz players succeed. You dont have to be a blind homer to have fun being a basketball fan. Sorry I dont like basketball the exact way you like basketball.

LMAO. You lack major self-awareness. Objective??? Who are you ****ing kidding?

Objective people realize when their opinion is greatly outnumbered and are constantly cognizant of the chance of them being wrong instead of everyone else. You show no such signs. They also rarely take strong stances on anything, since life is grey instead of black and white for them. You are more of the strong opinion type.

I think you are good poster apart from the occasional derogatory comments about other posters. You have good perspectives on many things, but you are not objective.

Objective people realize when their opinion is greatly outnumbered and are constantly cognizant of the chance of them being wrong instead of everyone else. You show no such signs. They also rarely take strong stances on anything, since life is grey instead of black and white for them. You are more of the strong opinion type.

I think you are good poster apart from the occasional derogatory comments about other posters. You have good perspectives on many things, but you are not objective.
So being objective means you can't have disagree with the group and that you have to be wishy washy? I have some of the longer and more detailed post on this board and they are not black/white, I'm right/you're wrong type post. A lot of it will be ignored though because posters want to box you in so it's easier for them to argue against you: "Oh these times you took these stances that were unpopular, so in this instance you are also doing that".

So being objective means you can't have disagree with the group and that you have to be wishy washy? I have some of the longer and more detailed post on this board and they are not black/white, I'm right/you're wrong type post. A lot of it will be ignored though because posters want to box you in so it's easier for them to argue against you: "Oh these times you took these stances that were unpopular, so in this instance you are also doing that".
I'm saying most of the topics we discuss are subjective by nature. Being objective on mathematics is easy as long as the calculation is within your competence range... however being objective in predicting the future of a player or a team in NBA is impossible even for the best experts on the planet. And we, as smart as some here may consider themselves, are not the best experts on the planet. So that make most topics we discuss subjective by default.

Only way to be objective in subjective matters is to take into consideration the fact that other people might notice things you are not noticing. We have 50 active posters or so which means 50 different eyeball tests are running each game. All are valuable and every test might notice relevant things that none of the others do. Being able to adapt your own opinion to that of others is the key. Doesnt mean being wishy washy or not having an opinion.. it means also being critical of your own eyes.

You are good at reasoning and usually have evidence to support your opinions, but you are not immune to subjective bias. Personally, I think objectivity is not even a goal to strive for, as in a perfect world you want to have people who look at things from different perspectives (unless its an exact science, in which case you just want the best experts opinion). Being subjective and biased is only harmful if you are completely out of reach for the voice and reasons of others... which unfortunately is quite common these days.

I'm saying most of the topics we discuss are subjective by nature. Being objective on mathematics is easy as long as the calculation is within your competence range... however being objective in predicting the future of a player or a team in NBA is impossible even for the best experts on the planet. And we, as smart as some here may consider themselves, are not the best experts on the planet. So that make most topics we discuss subjective by default.

Only way to be objective in subjective matters is to take into consideration the fact that other people might notice things you are not noticing. We have 50 active posters or so which means 50 different eyeball tests are running each game. All are valuable and every test might notice relevant things that none of the others do. Being able to adapt your own opinion to that of others is the key. Doesnt mean being wishy washy or not having an opinion.. it means also being critical of your own eyes.

You are good at reasoning and usually have evidence to support your opinions, but you are not immune to subjective bias. Personally, I think objectivity is not even a goal to strive for, as in a perfect world you want to have people who look at things from different perspectives (unless its an exact science, in which case you just want the best experts opinion). Being subjective and biased is only harmful if you are completely out of reach for the voice and reasons of others... which unfortunately is quite common these days.
Sorry pal, but Dunning and Kruger tells us we are absolutely the best experts on the planet.

If you are a jazz fan (legit not sure anymore if you are) then you will be furious as well.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Get bent.

I'm a Jazz fan and a Gobert fan. I enjoy watching both succeed and I don't have to be a fan exactly like you are.

Whether or not you want the Wolves to win or lose has no affect on if they win or lose. I'm a Gobert fan so I enjoy his success. I'm also a Jazz fan so I enjoy if the Wolves lose. It's a win/win no matter the outcome.

And if the Wolves win, I get to be right. If the Wolves lose Elizah Huge gets to be right, and I'm sure that means the world to him because he obsesses over my post. It's like I'm granting a wish for a Make a Wish kid. Win/win again, I love community service.

Last edited:
Get bent.

I'm a Jazz fan and a Gobert fan. I enjoy watching both succeed and I don't have to be a fan exactly like you are.

Whether or not you want the Wolves to win or lose has no affect on if they win or lose. I'm a Gobert fan so I enjoy his success. I'm also a Jazz fan so I enjoy if the Wolves lose. It's a win/win no matter the outcome.

And if the Wolves win, I get to be right. If the Wolves lose Elizah Huge gets to be right, and I'm sure that means the world to him because he obsesses over my post. It's like I'm granting a wish for a Make a Wish kid. Win/win again, I love community service.

Do you want the wolves to do great the rest of the way or would you prefer that they suck?

Do you want the wolves to do great the rest of the way or would you prefer that they suck?

I know this isn't aimed at me, but if I had to choose one or the other it would depend on the final outcome. I would love to see Rudy win it all sometime in his career, so if their sudden success means they are a surprise contender and could actually win it all, then I would love to see them just kill it and get Rudy his ring. But if it means they squeak into the playoffs and flame out in the 1st round so our pick it 15-18 or something, then I would prefer they suck and give us another lottery shot at a higher pick.