What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

They say it's a strain. That sure didn't look like a strain.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

They say it's a strain. That sure didn't look like a strain.

You never know with KAT... ref calls an obvious foul and he looks like someone just drowned his puppy. His reactions are weird. Looked like a classic Achilles tear but hopefully he avoided a serious injury.

You never know with KAT... ref calls an obvious foul and he looks like someone just drowned his puppy. His reactions are weird. Looked like a classic Achilles tear but hopefully he avoided a serious injury.
He's soft no doubt. His reaction was a textbook tear.

If Gobert keeps swishing these FT's you got to start getting him to shoot set shots within the flow of an offense.

Calf strain is how it started for KD too and he maybe came back too soon. MIN might be very cautious

I don’t wish an injury on anyone, but if it’s written in the stars that they must get injured, I’d rather it be when we’ve got their pick.

On the other side of this, when I ruptured my Achilles I had to keep working. My employer didn’t GAF. Both times.

I don’t wish an injury on anyone, but if it’s written in the stars that they must get injured, I’d rather it be when we’ve got their pick.

On the other side of this, when I ruptured my Achilles I had to keep working. My employer didn’t GAF. Both times.

wowzers that sucks

If that is a calf strain then it is a really bad one which is no joke. Those take forever to heal.

Aren't Achilles injuries fairly easy to live with just for normal day to day things?

Aren't Achilles injuries fairly easy to live with just for normal day to day things?
You’re thinking of ACLs and just wearing a brace until you have surgery. You can’t walk after an Achilles rupture because you have no ability to plantarflex your foot. All of your calf muscles become useless because they no longer have an attachment. You wouldn’t be able to do something like pushing on the accelerator or brakes. You’re also non-weight bearing for over a month. I started residency on the neurology consult service on crutches (meaning you’re going around every random place in the hospital all day), which was great. When I ruptured my other one two years later, I got a knee scooter, which was a huge game changer and a world of difference. I have no idea why that hadn’t crossed my mind before and why nobody had recommended it.