What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Sounds like Ant will miss some games but not anything that is a season ender. I’d guess a week.
Still amazing. They play the Raptors, Knicks and Hawks so if they lose 2/3 I'm overjoyed. Because after those three they play some real-*** teams: Warriors (at GS!), Kings and Suns. Then they play two more good teams after playing the Lakers: Blazers. Nets and finally two **** teams: Spurs and Pelicans.

I'm hoping they don't do any better than 3-8. That would be sweet. If they go 5-6 I'm dismayed and shocked at their luck.

Stupid Lakers should be tied with Minnesota right now. They blew it right at the end and lost by a point to the Mavs.
We needed the mavs to win as well though at least. Either team winning was a good outcome though i would have preferred it to be the lakers.

I agree (pending ant being out for at least next 5 games), looking at their remaining schedule, 3-8 seemed like a pretty realistic possibility. Last season, that would have garnered the 12th pick in the draft. In 2023, there is currently a lower floor with pistons, spurs, rockets being terrible. 38-44 would be t wolves final record if things do play out that way. I honestly think there could be a 2-4 pick swing if they would just finish out 2-9 though. Single digit lottery pick in that scenario. Here’s to hoping they blow the rest of the way.

I agree (pending ant being out for at least next 5 games), looking at their remaining schedule, 3-8 seemed like a pretty realistic possibility. Last season, that would have garnered the 12th pick in the draft. In 2023, there is currently a lower floor with pistons, spurs, rockets being terrible. 38-44 would be t wolves final record if things do play out that way. I honestly think there could be a 2-4 pick swing if they would just finish out 2-9 though. Single digit lottery pick in that scenario. Here’s to hoping they blow the rest of the way.
The next 3 are pretty critical as they were 50/50 games. I’m guessing Ant out at least those ones… then the schedule gets rough. Still think 10 seed is likely the floor…but winning the play in from that spot would be really tough.

NO and Portland just laying down easier than @Hearsky ’s mom is hurting both picks right now.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't risk KAT's achilles getting him back too soon. I'll gladly cheer for them to take it all next year.
Jazz should approach the Wolves and promise to gift them some **** in the off-season if they just shut it down this season. That’s a win/win cuz they ain’t doing **** this year.

Jazz should approach the Wolves and promise to gift them some **** in the off-season if they just shut it down this season. That’s a win/win cuz they ain’t doing **** this year.
I think if they go 0-3 there is a chance they shut down KAT and Ant (if his ankle sprain is more than just a tweak). I do worry they play Mike tonight and he breaks… I don’t want that for him. Travel to Toronto is slightly more complex and he played like 45 minutes last night. They are desperate and if you leave it up to Mike he will play.

So we have a swap with them next year but likely won’t have our own pick. So just nothing happens?

Can’t believe we gave up a first to dump Favors. And for what? Would never ever happen now. Conley trade onward Dennis Lindsey was absolutely awful at his job.

So we have a swap with them next year but likely won’t have our own pick. So just nothing happens?

Can’t believe we gave up a first to dump Favors. And for what? Would never ever happen now. Conley trade onward Dennis Lindsey was absolutely awful at his job.
If it was a direct order to save money from the ownership then I don’t think you can completely blame the GM.

We don’t have a 2024 swap. The
Timberwolves 2024 pick is unencumbered. We have a swap in 2026 (I’m sure someone else already touched on this by now).

2024 is the only year from now through 2029 where we won’t own a swap or an unprotected pick from another team.

We probably won't even have our own 2024 pick thanks to DL's genius decision to sign Favors to a multi-year deal only to give OKC a draft pick to get him off our books a year later.

Ant is officially out, seemed pretty obvious he would be but they did just list him as questionable earlier which was a surprise. Toronto is definitely the type of team to **** it up and lose to Minnesota G-League team coming off a 2OT game yesterday, but here's to hoping.

Ideal day includes the pacers somehow beating the sixers, wizards over kings, and bulls over heat, but all these games are unlikely. I'll settle for a Toronto win