What's new

Official Utah Utes Football 2012 Thread

byu fans bragging about being on ESPN would be like the little kid in this video bragging about how many views he's getting on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEqniEvNcnk&feature=fvwrel

When you get 54-10'd you want that **** on KUED or something.

So is 3 times on ESPN in one year a record for Utah or not? No Utes seem to want to answer that question I wonder why.

byu fans bragging about being on ESPN would be like the little kid in this video bragging about how many views he's getting on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEqniEvNcnk&feature=fvwrel

When you get 54-10'd you want that **** on KUED or something.

I think it's cool you stood up for yourself there.

So is 3 times on ESPN in one year a record for Utah or not? No Utes seem to want to answer that question I wonder why.

You want an answer? Here it is:

Is 3 ESPN games in 1 season a record for the Utes? I would have to think it most certainly is. The problem is, most Ute fans (myself included) wouldn't be able to tell you for sure because we're not locked up in our basement using our abbacus to keep track of such trivial things. As a Ute fan, this is all I care about: Being able to watch Utah games on TV without major hassel. This is something both BYU and Utah fans can relate to thanks to the MWC years. The fact of the matter is, I'm perfectly content to spend a Saturday afternoon watching a Utah game on the Pac 12 network. In fact, I'd prefer that to an 8pm start time for a Thursday night against New Mexico State. Perhaps you should sell your line of thinking to all of the BYU fans who are expected to shell out their hard earned cash just so they can show up at LES on a work night in November to watch a borderline D1 opponent in a game that won't get over until close to midnight in many instances. Plus, I'm sure the East Coast will be glued to their TV sets until nearly 2am their time to see who wins the riveting BYU-vs-(insert WAC school here) showdown. But hey, you're on one of the ESPN channels so you must be "winning", right?

We really don't have anything to discuss beyond that because I just don't hold a lot of stock in how many times my team shows up on the ESPN network (regardless of mid week games and horrible start times) and things like pre season watch lists.

How about everyone ignore ignoramus Conan so we can have some real talk around here. Hans Olsen keeps doing great write ups on Ute practices:

https://espn.kall700sports.com/utes/football/

Also, Graham and Gunther? Fantastic. All they talk is football. 1320 AM 2-7 every day. Check them out.

and the most physical kid I’ve seen so far in camp is a LB named LT Filiaga, this kid LOVES contact.

That's my friend's little brother. Where is he on the depth chart currently?

What I love is that Hans Olsen is working with Kall700 and enjoying it like crazy. Read his reports from practice, he is actually really good at it.

Got to say this team is absolutely loaded with potential. OL is my only worry now. Bot looks to have nailed down a spot, so only 1 up for grabs. Would love to see the 400 pound dude take it but he probably needs to lose 30 pounds to start

Sure thing, Tooltime. BYU threads are like a bat signal to you.

Nice job with the name calling. Stay classy. Now, let's get back on point:

Have I ever posted in a BYU thread? Of course, but unlike you, I actually try to bring something to the table. I have no problem with you posting in Ute threads, but for the love of god, please start actually contributing at some point. Mmmmm k?

And while we're at it, where is the BYU 2012 thread at? It's currently not even on page 1 of the general discussion forum. So go ahead and claim that type of thread is a "bat signal" for me while you continue to be the biggest reason the Ute thread stays in heavy rotation.

That's my friend's little brother. Where is he on the depth chart currently?

I give you clowns a whole day to answer a question about your team and what I do I get? Nothing. Had to go look it up myself and still don't know the answer really. I declare all Utah football topics on Jazzfanz from here on out as war zones.