What's new

Official Warrior Watch: Draft Pick and Playoff Positioning

Karma catching up with good ol' GSW Tankers.

- Bogut out with sprained ankle
- They'll finished #7 overall
- They'll get spanked by OKC / SA in the first round
- Harrison Barnes will be a dud

You heard it here first.

Houston is positioned to take over the #6 seed, but GSW needs to take a loss against the Lakers tomorrow.

I think that'll happen. Kobe is on fire. Plus Bogut will be out. I think Gasol & Howard will be too much for GSW the way they've been playing recently..

I think that'll happen. Kobe is on fire. Plus Bogut will be out. I think Gasol & Howard will be too much for GSW the way they've been playing recently..

I hope LA beats GS. That's right.
Look I'll be happy if the Jazz make the playoffs, but I'll be happy if they miss them too. Because I don't want the playoffs on Corbin's resume.

Karma catching up with good ol' GSW Tankers.

- Bogut out with sprained ankle
- They'll finished #7 overall
- They'll get spanked by OKC / SA in the first round
- Harrison Barnes will be a dud

You heard it here first.
I wish karma would have caught up a little earlier, like in time to affect the pick a little more.

Thanks for nothing Tankers!
I'm more upset at the Rockets and Bulls. Both had a chance to gain ground on GS. Looks like our pick from them will be #21. The Rockets/Lakers game could be huge at the end of the season for both teams. Of course, the way the Nuggets have been playing, maybe finishing 7th and playing SA would offer a better chance for Houston.

Rockets fan here. Just wanted to say I really am sorry to you Jazz fans.

Lakers 50 free throws to the Warriors 16...that's just embarrassing and the league should be ashamed.

It's never been more obvious until now that the league is willing the Lakers into the postseason, and I'm sorry that y'all are the victims of this. I hope y'all make it in, but I really just don't think y'all will, simply because the Lakers are being completely willed into the postseason...

It's a shame...

Calm down guys... HOU is only 1/2 a game back on the Tankers.

So basically HOU needs to win 1 more game than Tankers for them to be equal on the standings (with HOU taking the 6th spot as it wins the tie break). GSW will go 1-1. HOU has a great chance at going 2-1 (beating the fading SAC & PHX). Based on this, I think it's very likely that we'll get the #20 pick instead.

GSW 1-1

SAS at GSW (L)
GSW at POR (W)

HOU 3-1

SAC at HOU (W)
HOU at PHX (W)
HOU at LAL (L)

Lakers 50 free throws to the Warriors 16...that's just embarrassing and the league should be ashamed.

It's never been more obvious until now that the league is willing the Lakers into the postseason, and I'm sorry that y'all are the victims of this. I hope y'all make it in, but I really just don't think y'all will, simply because the Lakers are being completely willed into the postseason...

It's a shame...

22 of those were Dwight FT's though, so I'm sure a decent # of them were actually intentional fouls.

It's a shame...

At this stage of the season we're so fed up with Corbin that some of us here aren't going to be too unhappy if we missed the playoffs, and somehow Ty Corbin never comes back next season.

Houston *should* catch Golden State, since the Ws have to play San Antonio.

Atlanta is also just a game behind the Warriors, with games remaining against the Raptors and at the Knicks. Atlanta and GSW may be tied going into the final game of the season.

In related news, Boston has a chance to catch the Jazz, making the 16th and 17th pick a coin flip.

Houston *should* catch Golden State, since the Ws have to play San Antonio.

Atlanta is also just a game behind the Warriors, with games remaining against the Raptors and at the Knicks. Atlanta and GSW may be tied going into the final game of the season.

In related news, Boston has a chance to catch the Jazz, making the 16th and 17th pick a coin flip.
Unless the Jazz lost at Minnesota and Memphis. Minny HATES Utah and the chippiness of the last game ensures they'll be battling hard tomorrow night. Memphis may very well be fighting for home court, so no assurance they'll be resting their starters. Both Utah AND the Lakers could very well lose both of their remaining games.

It wouldn't be very much of a surprise to see the Jazz drop two games on the road .. they just don't have the mental toughness of per say a Karl and Stockton team.. you figure though somehow they should split it

It wouldn't be very much of a surprise to see the Jazz drop two games on the road .. they just don't have the mental toughness of per say a Karl and Stockton team.. you figure though somehow they should split it

This. If the Jazz lose tomorrow night it will be lotto time for the Jazz.

Houston just passed Golden State for the 6th seed with a win over Sacramento. They just have to match the Ws win for win with 2 games to go.