What's new

OKC Trade is a glimpse into our future

Agree about defender but scorer? You guys seem to forget that K.Mart averaged +20pts per season 6 seasons with one season at 24.6pts and over 40% shooting on 3pts and 90% on FT!!! Hardens best season was last with 16.8pts average. Please, K.Mart is elite scoring SG in NBA, OKC won't miss a beat on offense with him. 24.6pts per game average and can't create with ball in his hands? WTF???

Well Harden did come off the bench, which probably means he didn't play as many minutes, and he was the third option behind KD and Westbrook, two great scorers, while Harden was the main distributer. I think he will prove to be a better scorer with added minutes in the starting lineup, while also being the face of the franchise.

Martin is happy to be headed to the Thunder.

"Oh my gosh!" he told Y! Sports' Marc Spears. "Feels like a dream. Sometimes words can't describe it."

And why wouldn't he be ecstatic? He is going from none playoff Hell to the reigning Western conference champs. While also being able to not have to be the focal point of the offense. I bet he can just see it now. Out on the left wing and Durant takes the ball to the basket. His guy leaves him to help and he is standing there all alone. Something that hasn't happened to him since his rookie year. The pass comes to him. He is wide open. Its like a warm up jumper with no defense.

Basketball just got a lot more easy and fun for Kevin Martin.

It's win win situation for both of the teams. All Rockets fans, organization even Kevin Martin was knowing he would ship to somewhere when the team gets the chance and it happened. He's perfect shooter, so smart and good veteran knows how to go to the foul line but it's all. He can not defend, rebound and make assists without turnovers. So if you look at the rockets roster, they needed a leader who knows how to score but also make plays and help Lin to share his load so

Rockets: Lin-Harden-Parsons-Patterson-Asik Bench: Douglas-Livingston-Delfino-Terrence Jones-Smith

They will be really uptempo team and good defensive team that will make lots of people surprised.

For the Thunder; when you can't agree with your big name, better to move on the life and do not wait till it becomes a problem (ask magic) So they got Kevin Martin who can score so comfortably and help Durant and westbrook in the starting line up or make him the 6th man coming off from the bench and score immediately. Also he is in his expiring contract so they can say good bye to him

Thunder: Westbrook-Martin (Sefolosha) -Durant-Ibaka-Perkins Bench: Maynor-Lamb-Sefolosha-Jones-Collison

Sam Presti knows how to handle the situation, really perfect GM.

It's win win situation for both of the teams. All Rockets fans, organization even Kevin Martin was knowing he would ship to somewhere when the team gets the chance and it happened. He's perfect shooter, so smart and good veteran knows how to go to the foul line but it's all. He can not defend, rebound and make assists without turnovers. So if you look at the rockets roster, they needed a leader who knows how to score but also make plays and help Lin to share his load so

Rockets: Lin-Harden-Parsons-Patterson-Asik Bench: Douglas-Livingston-Delfino-Terrence Jones-Smith

They will be really uptempo team and good defensive team that will make lots of people surprised.

Sorry, this is a 35 win team.

With Martin it was a 30 win team.

Note this is not a problem for the Thunder- they are keeping two of the best players in the NBA and a very good big man. If the trade is true they are turning Harden in a Lottery talent (Lamb), an expiring contract Martin and draft picks. Seems like the Thunder are still rolling.

This but I'd take it a step further. OKC just got a similarly (to JH) efficient player in KMart in return who they may be able to re-sign at half the cost, given his injury history and that he's a vet who may want to ride some coattails to titles. I'm in no way saying he's as good or versatile as Harden because he's not but he's damn efficient and always has been. They also added in a good shooter like Lamb who has some big game experience and could be a gem. But maybe most important which nobody's really noted in any of the articles I've read is the draft picks. They get Dallas and Toronto's 2013 1st rounders which when added to their own, gives them three 1st rounders in what should be a solid draft, at least at the top end. If they package all three, they may be able to move up very high (especially since I think Toronto's will be top 5-10) to spin this into KMart, Lamb, and dare I say it, Muhammed. Yes, Shabazz.

I'm hoping for Holiday. He can distribute, spread the floor, and defend. nightmare43534564756 posted a link in another thread saying that Philly will most likely let Holiday enter free agency, and with the amount of cap space we have, I'm optimistic we can acquire him.

But yes, it is about how sold the FO is on The Four. Me, personally? I guess you could say I'm quite the homer on our core. I'm hoping we take a leap of faith on them, let Al and Sap go, and use whatever money we can on a PG, while hopefully still having enough to re-sign all four of the younglings.

I agree with all of this.... but cant rep cause i have to spread it around

I'm hoping for Holiday. He can distribute, spread the floor, and defend. nightmare43534564756 posted a link in another thread saying that Philly will most likely let Holiday enter free agency, and with the amount of cap space we have, I'm optimistic we can acquire him.

But yes, it is about how sold the FO is on The Four. Me, personally? I guess you could say I'm quite the homer on our core. I'm hoping we take a leap of faith on them, let Al and Sap go, and use whatever money we can on a PG, while hopefully still having enough to re-sign all four of the younglings.

I'm seriously interested in Bledsoe. Let's just hope CP3 signs an extension.

Very good trade for both teams.

I'm seriously interested in Bledsoe. Let's just hope CP3 signs an extension.

Im interested in bledsoe too, but i have seem more of holiday and think he is a better shooter so i like holiday more at this point. (though he might demand more money as well, so i would sway back to bledsoe)

Im interested in bledsoe too, but i have seem more of holiday and think he is a better shooter so i like holiday more at this point. (though he might demand more money as well, so i would sway back to bledsoe)

For the record, I would not be upset about he Jazz signing Holiday. He is a solid player.

These are the reasons I like Bledsoe:

Better defender. Quick hand and very quick feet.

Fast. He is certainly up there among the fastest PG's in the league.

Knows how to play with and get the ball to athletic big men. Watching him with Jordan and Griffin has me excited about what he can do for Favors.

Reliable shot. I don't have the stats in front of me but he seems to have a good shooting percentage from the field and behind the arc.

I think Bledsoe needs the chance to show what he can do. You Nike Holiday because you have seen what he can do. Bledsoe on he other hand is sitting behind the best PG is the league right now. I would prefer for Bledsoe to be teared to he Jazz and he sign an extension before he gets a lot of minutes, otherwise his price will be outrageous.

I agree that Harden got greedy. Houston is a train-wreck. The GM has no idea what he is doing. He runs the team like it is a monopoly (buying a property and the then selling it). Harden is going to wish he had just accepted the $55 million contract once he starts losing 50 games a year in Houston.

I think OKC has strengthened their bench and if Lamb is worth his lottery selection then I think it is a great move for OKC. I am 50/50 on Lamb as an NBA player but I haven't see him play in the NBA so I will hold off with any final judgment until I see him play a few season in the NBA.

I think OKC did the right thing. You have to do what is best for your franchise. They made a decent offer and now they have moved on. I think the Jazz can keep their four core guys if they are smart and don't overpay for other free agents. If Harden fails in Houston he will become the poster child for all franchises when they negotiate with their players. Hopefully, the Jazz will have a championship caliber team in 2 years to remind their young players about taking a little less money to play with a team who can compete for an NBA championship.

I hope the Jazz are talking with the kids about re-signing sooner before they are in their contract years. However, very few players are irreplaceable. Sometimes you have to cut your losses and get the best deal for the franchise like OKC did.

I think OKC did the right thing. You have to do what is best for your franchise. They made a decent offer and now they have moved on. I think the Jazz can keep their four core guys if they are smart and don't overpay for other free agents. If Harden fails in Houston he will become the poster child for all franchises when they negotiate with their players. Hopefully, the Jazz will have a championship caliber team in 2 years to remind their young players about taking a little less money to play with a team who can compete for an NBA championship.

This. I was saying the same thing last night.

I hope the Jazz are talking with the kids about re-signing sooner before they are in their contract years. However, very few players are irreplaceable. Sometimes you have to cut your losses and get the best deal for the franchise like OKC did.

I have been thinking this myself. I'm not sure when the Jazz can start talking extension but I hope it is this season for Hayward and Favors. Get the locked in at a good amount but not max.

I would love to see Favors take an Ibaka like contract and Hayward take something around 8 million a season. That might just be fantasy though.

Didn't read many of the posts after the first so it could have already been said, but this certainly isn't an elephant in the room right now for us at all. We are not sure if ANY of our four players are going to deserve max (or close to max) money when their contracts are up -- none of them have been consistant enough to prove anything yet and it is still much too early.

I'd say we will know with Favors and Hayward by the end of this season what we should do with them, but we likely still won't be sure about Burks or Kanter.

I agree that Harden got greedy. Houston is a train-wreck. The GM has no idea what he is doing. He runs the team like it is a monopoly (buying a property and the then selling it). Harden is going to wish he had just accepted the $55 million contract once he starts losing 50 games a year in Houston.

I think OKC has strengthened their bench and if Lamb is worth his lottery selection then I think it is a great move for OKC. I am 50/50 on Lamb as an NBA player but I haven't see him play in the NBA so I will hold off with any final judgment until I see him play a few season in the NBA.

This cuts both ways. If Harden was greedy for wanting another 5.5 million and was foolish for going to Houston, the same can be said for OKC. To me it looks like they have given up a key part of their team to save 5.5 million, and they may regret when they get bounced out of the first or second round. Both sides were foolish.

Why it is dumb? Was it dumb for somebody to predict that LBJ will be best NBA player at one point before he played single game in NBA? Anything can happen, Lamb has great size and skills to be better then Harden IMHO, why it is dumb? Harden is good, but does not mean Lamb can't surpass him.

Because LeBron.

Why wouldn't Sixers match? Why would we overpay to make sure they don't?

This cuts both ways. If Harden was greedy for wanting another 5.5 million and was foolish for going to Houston, the same can be said for OKC. To me it looks like they have given up a key part of their team to save 5.5 million, and they may regret when they get bounced out of the first or second round. Both sides were foolish.

maybe 5.5 mill was more on the books
tax consideration etc.
so it might seem like 5.5 but who knows those 5.5 might cost way more

It's all about winning championships.

With this trade OKC made a step back. You can have a good team and potential for 50 years and win nothing. Like we do ))

Draft picks is 50/50 for future and rookies won't win you anything.

They have a good team anyway, but with Harden they had more chances to win titles.