What's new

Our “load management” strategy has been horrible

Quin played the same players and same rotation all the season.
I'm glad we have the 1st seed, but it is not a good approach to develop the young players.
We can win games also trying to involve more the young bench players.

If we face injuries, our young players won't be ready to perform in the playoffs because of the lack of experience and playing minutes.
There willl be more playing time for young guys now as we will probably still try to rest some guys. And for playoffs emergencies we signed Ilyasova. Oni played last playoffs and has gotten some minutes already this season. Playoffs mean more minutes for main guys so why worry about the end of bench guys? If we have to play them we are screwed anyway.

We couldn't stagger Mike and JC for Wizards game, Clarkson weren't available, he came back for the Pacers game, not against OKC
We could have staggered it by resting Conley for OKC and not Washington.

Amen. And we expect that they have a crystal ball so every decision incorporates things that happen in the future. Making mountains out of molehills.
Genuine question: are there ever any honest critiques with the way things are managed or is the only way the FO or coaching staff could improve things is with a crystal ball? It kinda seems like many of your responses lack any understanding of the actual nuance of any potential critique and that you seem to view anything on that side of the line as “lolllll FO and teh coaches suxxx!!!!!!11”

Amen. And we expect that they have a crystal ball so every decision incorporates things that happen in the future. Making mountains out of molehills.
Pfft. Evidently, Rudy ACTUALLY has a crystal ball and it's how we have been managing playing time.

Random note, thanks to the play in tournament, we'll get a week off in between the RS and first round.

which team would u hate to play in the first round?
Well, I know “holy **** Steph takes down a 1/8 upset by himself, making NBA history!” would be a really marketable narrative. On top of not being able to defend him, I suspect we also wouldn’t be allowed to try.

The league wouldn’t GAF about us playing SAS or MEM, so that wouldn’t matter.

i
Well, I know “holy **** Steph takes down a 1/8 upset by himself, making NBA history!” would be a really marketable narrative. On top of not being able to defend him, I suspect we also wouldn’t be allowed to try.

The league wouldn’t GAF about us playing SAS or MEM, so that wouldn’t matter.
dont wana play steph in r1. that dude is on fire right now.

Genuine question: are there ever any honest critiques with the way things are managed or is the only way the FO or coaching staff could improve things is with a crystal ball? It kinda seems like many of your responses lack any understanding of the actual nuance of any potential critique and that you seem to view anything on that side of the line as “lolllll FO and teh coaches suxxx!!!!!!11”
Genuine answer: Of course there are honest critiques. I am probably too dismissive at times but I don't put stock in the 20/20 hindsight ones nor the ones that refuse to acknowledge legit trade-offs in how things are done - things such as rotations, using time outs etc. Nothing takes less thought than hindsight critiques or being critical about everything. It is the easiest path.

I will give you one example that bothers me that I have said before. I dont care for how reliant we are on the 3 nor the 3's that we take real early in the shot clock without ball movement. I believe there is still a real place for wide open mid range jumpers and we avoid those. I get the analytics but I still see us take 3's that make no sense to me. That is clearly a coaching thing and I get we are using statistics to drive us. I love our 3 point shooting when we get the defense moving.

And then maybe we'd lose against OKC, and who knows if we'd win against Wizards. Also, Clarkson would only be back for Pacers
Maybe. But our chances of winning are way better against Maledon and Jerome instead of you know? Westbrook and Beal