What's new

Our Embassy is Under Attack

I've seen everything online that Iran's general was responsible for hundreds, thousands and even millions of deaths. Not sure if true, but if he is responsible for millions of deaths then good riddance. **** that guy.
He was pushing back against ISIS. I’m not getting bullshitted again. The infamous War on Terror continued... pretending to be the good guys thousands of miles away.

So can someone give me the Cliffs Notes version of what’s transpired and why.

And whether Trump having this dude assassinated was a good move. Open for debate I’m sure but I’d like to hear what ppl say. Go.

And whether Trump having this dude assassinated was a good move. Open for debate I’m sure but I’d like to hear what ppl say. Go.
They want to shove another war down our throats basically, and this wouldn’t be your conventional Middle East war like the previous.

Apparently this is still a work in progress. There was another strike about an hour ago, and there are a couple thousand Marines unloading in Kuwait. I would guess that if you are an Iranian asset in Iraq, your cover has probably been blown. That suggests top notch intel, probably someone on the inside.

I was hoping for something more detailed than this.
That’s what I’ve got so far, maybe someone can bring some more detailed information and I’ll welcome it as well. I was looking at it from a broader perspective.

The American people need to unite at once and say “F these wars”.

"In order to get elected, Barack Obama will start a war with Iran" - Donald Trump, November 29, 2011.

I liked this article: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/03/who...em-soleimani-and-why-his-killing-matters.html

For the best pop culture reference, If you imagine Iran as the Empire in Star Wars, the "Supreme Leader" as The Emperor, Soleimani was Darth Vader. Dude was personally involved in every Iran generated Hot Spot for the last couple decades. It is kinda crazy that they allowed him to be so out in the open like that, considering how much of their knowledge and administration they have invested in the guy.

Most think he was more popular than the Supreme Leader which almost kind of makes me wonder if he was hung out to dry by the Mullahs. He may be more useful to them as a martyr than as someone who could possibly replace them.

Oil was discovered in Persian in 1908 and it's been largely downhill since.

More recently - US ends Iranian nuclear agreement and increases economic pressure on Iran, Iran increases guerilla activity throughout the ME, most recently through protests/riots at the US Embassy in Iraq, US blows up a high ranking Iranian official in an Iraq airport (think Secretary of State level official), ???

Personally I think it was a poor idea for a couple of reasons - at the minimum we'll see increased troop deployment and fighting in the middle east broadly in proxy fights (I believe the US deployed 3500 extra troops this morning), and perhaps more importantly I think it sets an extremely poor precedent with the assassination of government officials (say China decides to execute some key leaders in Taiwan?), also the (hopefully somewhat low) chance for a hot war with Iran

Oil was discovered in Persian in 1908 and it's been largely downhill since.

More recently - US ends Iranian nuclear agreement and increases economic pressure on Iran, Iran increases guerilla activity throughout the ME, most recently through protests/riots at the US Embassy in Iraq, US blows up a high ranking Iranian official in an Iraq airport (think Secretary of State level official), ???

Personally I think it was a poor idea for a couple of reasons - at the minimum we'll see increased troop deployment and fighting in the middle east broadly in proxy fights (I believe the US deployed 3500 extra troops this morning), and perhaps more importantly I think it sets an extremely poor precedent with the assassination of government officials (say China decides to execute some key leaders in Taiwan?), also the (hopefully somewhat low) chance for a hot war with Iran

Maybe they go all in to try and take out Trump? Are we in a anything goes scenario at this point?

Calling Soleimani 'a general' is a massive understatement by my understanding. People who'd I'd expect to be in the know about this sort of thing say there is no US equivalent and the most recent we had was a Kissinger/Marshall type.

marshall is the best analog, I think.

Nixon was still calling the shots and Kissinger was his chief strategist.

Roosevelt was more a visionary and hands off inspirational leader who let Marshall call the military shots.

Agreed. But the fact that they had this guy personally directing the assault on our embassy.

I have not heard this from a credible source. Not saying it’s not true or that I’d be surprised by it, just not sure that it is an established fact. Appreciate a link if you have one.

Trump's foreign policy towards Iran has failed miserably and predictably.

In order to not look like a helpless wuss, he assassinated essentially their secretary of state. Trumpers hail it as a great victory because Trump's dick is so large, and liberal snowflakes crying, and USA USA USA! While 99.9 percent of the world wonders WTF we're doing taking out a world leader without a declaration of war. Iran vows revenge. And now we all await Iran's next move... One has to wonder what our actual endgame is? What are we trying to accomplish? Are we ready to escalate this to regime change?

Also, one has to wonder if he's doing this in part because of impeachment. He (falsely) predicted in 2011 that Obama's policies were failing so much that he was going to try and start a war to distract from them. Since Trump is always either projecting or confessing, one just has to wonder if Trump might be following his own projection of Obama. Trump has certainly proven dumb enough (and his sycophantic followers like @framer are certainly loyal enough to defend these actions) to go to extreme and illegal measures to change the headlines for 24 hrs.

Last edited:
I have not heard this from a credible source. Not saying it’s not true or that I’d be surprised by it, just not sure that it is an established fact. Appreciate a link if you have one.

It's funny that for 3 years Trump and Pompeo told us to NOT believe in the Intelligence Community. In fact, Trump went repeatedly out of his way to declare that he believed Putin over our own Intelligence Community. Now suddenly, when it's convenient, we are expected to believe that this general was going to lead an attack to warrant a preemptive American strike against Iran and risk plunging the region to war?

Trumpers, you can't have it both ways.

It's funny that for 3 years Trump and Pompeo told us to NOT believe in the Intelligence Community. In fact, Trump went repeatedly out of his way to declare that he believed Putin over our own Intelligence Community. Now suddenly, when it's convenient, we are expected to believe that this general was going to lead an attack to warrant a preemptive American strike against Iran and risk plunging the region to war?

Trumpers, you can't have it both ways.
We have always been at war with oceania, duh.

The thing is, why the hell not try and provoke iran into war? Do we really want the sign that they’re planning stuff to be a mushroom cloud??? /s

*Those of you confused by my sarcasm should watch old Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Condi Rice videos on MTP circa 2002 when the Iraqi war was being justified...

The evidence that Iran was planning some grand attack on us which justified assassinating their top general, is apparently “razor thin.”

And is this really how important decisions are made? Doesn’t seem like we have a long term strategy.

Is the goal to distract from impeachment?

Last edited:
Reactions: Red
Why do I get the feeling that Donald is lying again about Iran? And is doing this to distract from impeachment and the redacted emails that show clearly that he held up Ukrainian aid? Has Donald ever lied before?

oh look, Pence is already lying:

Truth: There were 19 hijackers on 9/11, not 12. None of them from Iran. The majority came from Saudi Arabia.

Truth: There’s no way a fundamentalist Shia from Iran was working with Al-Qaeda Sunnis for 9/11. Lol such a laughably dumb lie by the VP in a desperate attempt to connect Soleimani with 9/11.
As long as Pence is trying to scare us the brain dead Fox News addicted repub base, he might as well connect refugees from El Salvador, Lisa Page, and Colin Kaepernick to 9/11. Clearly, Kaep kneeling during the anthem was the real mastermind behind 9/11...

Last edited: