What's new

Our Embassy is Under Attack

I agree with Ambassador McFaul here. This tweet may excite the drooling zombies addicted to Fox News. But this tells me nothing. In fact, it tells me that the president doesn’t know what the **** he’s doing and he’s just overreacting to something he saw on Fox News. Is he trying to distract from impeachment?

Why would he let out info on our strategy? Are these people really that dumb?

Ah yes. Let’s potentially start a war in the Middle East under false pretenses without a clear purpose, goal, or exit strategy. What could possibly go wrong?

Are you really this dumb?

So can someone give me the Cliffs Notes version of what’s transpired and why.

And whether Trump having this dude assassinated was a good move. Open for debate I’m sure but I’d like to hear what ppl say. Go.
https://heavy.com/news/2020/01/qassem-soleimani/

This is pretty good summary. The guy was a ****ing evil douchebag. That said, killing him sounds great on paper and complicates a much bigger picture.

This.

Just because critics like Thriller/journalists don't know what the strategy is doesn't mean there's not. I like to think the military advised the president to sign off on the attack and have plan a, b and c in place.

Why do I get the feeling that Donald is lying again about Iran? And is doing this to distract from impeachment and the redacted emails that show clearly that he held up Ukrainian aid? Has Donald ever lied before?

oh look, Pence is already lying:

Truth: There were 19 hijackers on 9/11, not 12. None of them from Iran. The majority came from Saudi Arabia.

Truth: There’s no way a fundamentalist Shia from Iran was working with Al-Qaeda Sunnis for 9/11. Lol such a laughably dumb lie by the VP in a desperate attempt to connect Soleimani with 9/11.
As long as Pence is trying to scare us the brain dead Fox News addicted repub base, he might as well connect refugees from El Salvador, Lisa Page, and Colin Kaepernick to 9/11. Clearly, Kaep kneeling during the anthem was the real mastermind behind 9/11...

The thing is, why the hell not try and provoke iran into war? Do we really want the sign that they’re planning stuff to be a mushroom cloud??? /s

*Those of you confused by my sarcasm should watch old Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Condi Rice videos on MTP circa 2002 when the Iraqi war was being justified...

The evidence that Iran was planning some grand attack on us which justified assassinating their top general, is apparently “razor thin.”

And is this really how important decisions are made? Doesn’t seem like we have a long term strategy.

Is the goal to distract from impeachment?

12 of the 19 transited through Afghanistan. 10 of those 12 were assisted by Soleimani.

12 of the 19 transited through Afghanistan. 10 of those 12 were assisted by Soleimani.

And that's not true. lol. Like is laughably untrue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/01/03/pences-problematic-tweet-tying-qasem-soleimani/

In addition, the idea that Soleimani would assist in 9/11 — knowingly or otherwise — doesn’t add up, given he was Shiite and the hijackers were Sunnis. In fact, after 9/11, Soleimani for a time actually cooperated with the U.S. government against the Taliban in Afghanistan.

So why would Pence say that, rather than just laying this at Iran’s feet more broadly? A pretty good guess is that he’s making the case that a use of force like such as that against Soleimani was approved by Congress in its 2001 authorization for the use of military force. The broad authorization states that the president can use “appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001.” The word “aided” would seemingly be applied to Soleimani in this case.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/03/us/politics/pence-iran-factcheck.html
Mr. Pence said on Twitter that General Soleimani “assisted in the clandestine travel to Afghanistan of 10 of the 12 terrorists who carried out the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States.”

This lacks evidence. How Mr. Pence arrived at this number and this account is unclear. From what is commonly known about General Suleimani and the group of men who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks, their paths did not cross. To start, many observers were quick to point out that 19 terrorists, not 12, were involved in the attacks. Katie Waldman, a spokeswoman for Mr. Pence, clarified that he was referring to a subset of 12 of the attackers who are known to have traveled through Iran to Afghanistan.

The notion that General Suleimani abetted the attackers at all also appears dubious.

By 2001, General Suleimani had already been named the head of the Quds Force, the powerful security branch that often coordinates with other terrorist groups worldwide. Yet General Suleimani was not named at any point in the “9/11 Commission Report.”

In fact, the report states in no uncertain terms that neither the Iranian government nor Hezbollah, a group that General Suleimani worked closely with, ever knew anything about the attacks or helped facilitate them:

We have found no evidence that Iran or Hezbollah was aware of the planning for what later became the 9/11 attack. At the time of their travel through Iran, the Al Qaeda operatives themselves were probably not aware of the specific details of their future operation.

Why General Suleimani, the leader of a hard-line Shiite Muslim military apparatus, would have come to the aid of members of Al Qaeda, a Sunni extremist group with strong ties to Saudi Arabia, is also unclear.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/03/mike-pence-iran-911-suleimani

Foreign policy experts were quick to point out on social media that Pence’s assertions were unsubstantiated.

The official 9/11 commission report found there was “no evidence that Iran or Hezbollah was aware of the planning for what later became the 9/11 attack”, and that 15 out of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, and the remainder were from the United Arab Emirates, Lebanon and Egypt. Moreover, Suleimani’s name is never mentioned in the nearly 600-page report.

Experts have also pointed out that Suleimani, a Shia leader, would have been an unlikely ally to the Sunni militants that carried out the attacks.
This isn’t the first time that the Trump administration and supporters have promoted a link between al-Qaida – the group that launched the 9/11 attack – and Iran. Insisting that these groups are in cahoots could be key in legally justifying a war against Iran.

Trump and Pence are just BSing their way to try and justify this escalation. And IMO, are doing this to distract from impeachment.

Last edited:
This.

Just because critics like Thriller/journalists don't know what the strategy is doesn't mean there's not. I like to think the military advised the president to sign off on the attack and have plan a, b and c in place.

LOL. When has this administration showed a well thought out strategy on ANYTHING?

I'll wait.

This.

"I like to think" a lot of things. It doesn't mean any of them are true or that there's a rational basis to believe them.

We are currently very poorly led. There's no benefits of the doubt for calculated consideration at this point.

One of the biggest problems with lying constantly, about everything, is that sometimes you need to be trusted. When you're escalating a major armed conflict is one of those times. And Trump has long since blown his credibility budget.

"I like to think" a lot of things. It doesn't mean any of them are true or that there's a rational basis to believe them.

We are currently very poorly led. There's no benefits of the doubt for calculated consideration at this point.

One of the biggest problems with lying constantly, about everything, is that sometimes you need to be trusted. When you're escalating a major armed conflict is one of those times. And Trump has long since blown his credibility budget.

after 3 years of being lied to on a daily basis about serious things and non-serious, why are people giving this president the benefit of doubt? It was only what... 3 or 4 months ago the moron was drawing on a map with a sharpie insisting he was right because he incorrectly tweeted about a hurricane hitting alabama?

and again, when has this administration done any long term strategizing? I’m waiting for @Archie Moses to tell us. They live daily (often hourly) from tweet to tweet.

after 3 years of being lied to on a daily basis about serious things and non-serious, why are people giving this president the benefit of doubt? It was only what... 3 or 4 months ago the moron was drawing on a map with a sharpie insisting he was right because he incorrectly tweeted about a hurricane hitting alabama?

and again, when has this administration done any long term strategizing? I’m waiting for @Archie Moses to tell us. They live daily (often hourly) from tweet to tweet.

Vanity is Trump's #1 interest. He makes split-second decisions based on it. It's why he can't help himself from tweeting the instant he feels slighted.

noun, plural van·i·ties. excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc.; character or quality of being vain; conceit: Failure to be elected was a great blow to his vanity. an instance or display of this quality or feeling.

And that's not true. lol. Like is laughably untrue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/01/03/pences-problematic-tweet-tying-qasem-soleimani/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/03/us/politics/pence-iran-factcheck.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/03/mike-pence-iran-911-suleimani

Trump and Pence are just BSing their way to try and justify this escalation. And IMO, are doing this to distract from impeachment.

It was a response on the tweets you posted. Didn't take it for truth and figured you know better than I would.

Does Trump and his administration lie? Absolutely.

Does this mean that there's no strategy in place and military advisors aiding and advising Trump who have a better understanding than us normal folk and journalists? I'd like to think so.

Ah yes. Let’s potentially start a war in the Middle East under false pretenses without a clear purpose, goal, or exit strategy. What could possibly go wrong?

Are you really this dumb?

The war in the Middle East has never ended. Just because the war has not impacted many of us in the last 10 years doesn’t mean it has stopped. A proxy war with Iran has been being fought with Iran for over 15 years through the Middle East in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, through Africa and other countries.

Trump is the textbook definition of a douchebag, narcissistic, scum bag. However what has he done to prove he is a warmonger?

He is consistently trying to avoid a large scale deployment of troops. He is a naive buffoon that is obviously an insecure mentally challenged turd.

He isn’t the one escalating conflict. This is an economic war under the false pretense of a religious war. .01% of the economic elite on both sides continue and control the masses under the false pretense of pointing fingers at the “devils” and perpetrate hate in order to secure their own wealth and status.

Meet and befriend normal Muslims and you will realize that their values are almost identical to those of normal Americans.

They value their family, want to see opportunity for their children, and want to live in peace.

Unfortunately, all of us are easily manipulated into becoming lemmings and are ready to fall on the sword to protect ideologies that are engrained into us.

Trump is not the problem or the solution. Look in the mirror and you will see the devil. I have learned just because I think my opinion is the “truth”, I try to reflect that I may be just a dumb lemming.

I know that I am a foolish buffoon also and that my “opinions” are fundamentally flawed.

Be humble and realize everyone is just a fool like everyone else.

Last edited:

give this thread a read. Pretty interesting stuff.

If this is al true, the White House is spinning the attack with claims that are not really true to justify the attack.

give this thread a read. Pretty interesting stuff.

If this is al true, the White House is spinning the attack with claims that are not really true to justify the attack.

This guy is pure scum. Hitler level. Puppet master that has lead to the death of millions.... millions. His death doesn’t have to be justified.

@Stoked
Would be nice to get his take. Hell, would just be nice for him to be posting frequently again. I miss his posts a lot around here.

Hope he is doing ok

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app