What's new

over/under jazz wins- 25.5

As for the Bulls, they won 48 last year and are adding:

Rose
Gasol
Mirotic
McDermott

Rose will be rusty but I probably would still take the over.

Gasol is going to need rest, and arguably is only marginally better than Boozer. Boozer's defense is probably better than his, sadly. The other two additions are unknowns. Healthy Rose is healthy Rose, but again, not many teams win 56 games so if I'm betting that one at all I'm betting the under.

None of the rest of the line stuck out to me. Last season had 4-5 solid calls. This year is tough.

As for the Bulls, they won 48 last year and are adding:

Rose
Gasol
Mirotic
McDermott

Rose will be rusty but I probably would still take the over.

But they've lost Boozer.

Umm, on second thought, maybe those oddsmakers ought to bump that up to 60.

I'd take issue with most of your observations. All 4 young players have improved. Hayward's shooting % decreased, but assists and rebounds were up. Favors has improved significantly in terms of his offense. Evans has a decent mid-range shot, although he's really not that big a part of the rotation, so insignificant.

I'm not putting "money" on Booker and Novak. I'm just pointing out that the difference between those two and Jefferson/Marvin is essentially zero - and maybe even an upgrade. And as for the PG situation, ANYTHING Exum contributes will be better than what Utah had for the first part of the season with Lucas/Tinsley.

Point is, Jazz didn't really lose anything important from last season (unless you're arguing addition by subtraction). Lindsey strengthened the bench. The team will actually be focused on defense and ball movement. No, this is NOT a 50-win team. They WON'T make the playoffs (although a Phoenix type effort might be a possibility). But 25 wins - i.e. NO improvement - is a ridiculous prediction.
Corbin is gone. I don't care if Quin has them playing dodgeball in practice and feeding them nothing but sugar. Corbin out of there and with a 25 win prediction has them not expected to do much therefor no pressure, Kanter and Burks in a play to get paid year the whole team hungry to prove themselves,its gotta be at least 1 game better than last year.betting on them puts pressure on the bettor ,not the team.so bet it.

If I had to, I'd bet on the over, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was under.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];909123 said:
yeah, the hypemachine is really working over the Bulls. That said, it'd be hard for me to bet against 56.

Pretty much. The best sports bettors know when to go big and when to leave the rest alone. I wouldn't touch that one without conviction on an injury to Rose.