What's new

Parsons and Grizz 4th pick For?

JGolds

****Disclaimer, just saw a similar thread had been created, Disregard this thread****

Would you all be willing to take on parsons contract to get the 4th pick in this draft. rumor is griz will deal for a good trade taking on parsons bad contract.

It's worth noting parsons use to be a compared player to Haygone and Klay. Plus a 4th pick in this draft could be very useful.

So would you want this trade?

If so who you gunna deal to make it happen?

and who would you draft with the 4th pick?

thoughts?

Last edited:
Parsons career was badly derailed by injuries. I would due very careful medical due diligence before investing into him.

Can we use the stretch provision on Parsons?
Just let him expire. It’s only two years. A stretch would be toxic. Who do we think we’d have to potential to sign in 2019 that would be a better option than the guarantee of getting one of our top 4 propescts out of this draft?

****Disclaimer, just saw a similar thread had been created, Disregard this thread****

Would you all be willing to take on parsons contract to get the 4th pick in this draft. rumor is griz will deal for a good trade taking on parsons bad contract.

It's worth noting parsons use to be a compared player to Haygone and Klay. Plus a 4th pick in this draft could be very useful.

So would you want this trade?

If so who you gunna deal to make it happen?

and who would you draft with the 4th pick?

thoughts?

At $24MM and $25MM over the next two seasons, it would hamper the teams ability to bring in anyone else. There are a ton of potential quality free agents in 2019. I personally would not want the Jazz to do this.

Memphis could stretch, but Utah couldnt trade and then do that. If there was a way to get the #4, youd do it. Whoever you dradt at #4 is much more valuable than a FA at that amount (rookie contract and ability to match in 4 years).

But ill bet the catch is, Memphis wants 2018/19 cap relief, which we cant give. And Ill bet they want a lick swap thats still decent.

21, Burks, Jae, Thabo for 4+Parsons+32

If the Grizzlies really want to make the playoffs, this gives them a whole lot of vets. I have no idea why they would do it though. THey should probably be looking for an all-star in a trade if they giving up the 4th pick, even if Parsons is attached. No chance of happening.

I guess it makes sense for Memphis. They are locked into Conley and Gasol for the long term might as well make one more run at it. Not possible to tank with them especially with the flattened draft odds.
Wonder if they do Ingles, 21st, future 1st for Parsons and the 4th. As much as I appreciate Ingles, he'll be too old to help a prime DM in 4 years.

I guess it makes sense for Memphis. They are locked into Conley and Gasol for the long term might as well make one more run at it. Not possible to tank with them especially with the flattened draft odds.
Wonder if they do Ingles, 21st, future 1st for Parsons and the 4th. As much as I appreciate Ingles, he'll be too old to help a prime DM in 4 years.
Too old to HELP? I'm flat out rejecting that noise. He'll be on some bench somewhere for another six or seven years, and I hope it's here.

At what point in time? Parson's WAS better than Hayward for a time.

It may have looked that way because Parsons had far less responsibility then Hayward, and took Hayward time to grow into being a #1 option, which has never been or ever will be his true position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kawhi reportedly wanting trade. Who could San Antonio land? Kawhi for Parsons and 4+ other assets. Memphis could go all-in this year.

Kawhi reportedly wanting trade. Who could San Antonio land? Kawhi for Parsons and 4+ other assets. Memphis could go all-in this year.

I hope he gets traded to the worst situation possible. This feels like a blow to all small market teams everywhere not just basketball. If the Spurs can’t keep its Mega stars, how will anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Spurs trade him, it's for a serious damn player (Porzingis, Hayward, etc.).