What's new

Patrick Beilein joining Quin Snyder's Utah Jazz staff

It would make more sense to look at the shooting numbers of the teams that he has coached.

Perhaps. And to compare that to before and after he was there. Maybe somebody could do that. In any case, of all the things coachable, I've thought shooting was the most overrated.

I am sure Trey put in a good word. I think Trey confidence will go way up and he will shoot like he did at Michigan. Go Blue!!!

Fun (unless you're Steve Novak) and irrelevant fact:

Patrick Beilein (8 ppg, 33% 3FG% on the year) outscored Steve Novak 9 to 6 (17.5 ppg, 47% 3FG%) in the only meeting between the two during their college careers. Both were seniors during the January 14, 2006 game, and West Virginia won 104-85.

Perhaps. And to compare that to before and after he was there. Maybe somebody could do that. In any case, of all the things coachable, I've thought shooting was the most overrated.

The Spurs and Chip Engelland would probably disagree with you.

I also must admit that I am encouraged by the new direction of Jazz management. They see a need and for the most part, have been addressing it. Pretty much all of our players could use a fine-tuning on their shooting.

The way things are being run now is so refreshing.

Would you argue that Chip Engelland is the only, or largest, variable in that equation?

Of course not, but I don't think it's overrated.

You gotta be able to put the ball in the bucket. Look at what they did to Kawhi Leonard…if he stays the way he was, he's a slightly better MKG. Now that he can shoot, he's an NBA Finals MVP. Shooting makes a big difference at the end of the day.

interesting the best shooters usually aren't the best coaches. beileins college stats are meaningless. we need his coaching stats and 40% from 3 (on 24 attempts per) as a team is pretty impressive considering the talent wvw gets. take a look at mark rice working with mkg. that video is a joke. mark doesn't know what makes a great shooter.

I personally like this hire