What's new

PC Gamers Unite!

If anybody wants to talk the following, I’m down:
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
Age of Mythology
Rome: Total War
Age of Empires II

Yes, they’re all old, but they still play on Steam and provide me as much fun as I want or need.
I've played most of the total war series but Rome is the one I always go back to.

You gotta go wireless.. with the mouse... once you do you'll never go back.. There's no delay at all.. I recommend the G305, you cant beat the bang for the buck ... If your looking for a bigger(100+ grams) one the G703 is nice.. The mouse with the best scrollwheel hands-down is the G903, it's a tank of an Ambi mouse though, for gaming i'd recommend the 703.

The GPro Wireless is really good and their flagship mouse, but $150 is too much when something like the 305 is offered for $50, logitech seems to rotate sales on their mice dont pay full price, just wait a month or 2.

With the G305, if you want to get it a few grams lighter you can use a triple-a battery converter (with some lithium batteries) and you'll be set.
Wireless mouse = dead mouse at critical points in game play. Wired all the way.

sweet lookin keyboard! I've been thinking about getting one of the sampler things where they have all the different switches so you can try them out. I've been using cherry's. Just got an AJAZZ KA33(short) on my main setup and Corsair K63 with custom keycaps on my 2nd.
Nice. My SIL put together a sampler board with about 20 different switches from which I selected mine. It's interesting how different they can be.

Interesting. Agreed, there’s just something about it... don’t know if it’s the soundtrack or what (easily the best soundtrack out there).
That's probably a big part of it! The setting is great too, I've always had a particular interest in the Roman empire (who hasn't??)

Interesting. Agreed, there’s just something about it... don’t know if it’s the soundtrack or what (easily the best soundtrack out there).
Attila is my fave as long as soundtracks go. Rome and Shogun are great too, though.

Wireless mouse = dead mouse at critical points in game play. Wired all the way.
stop it.. S1mple, the best tournament cs;go player, uses a GPro wireless.. Maybe long long ago what your saying is true, but the delay these days is much faster than you could ever detect.

I play on 240hz monitor 240fps and have never had something like that occur..

stop it.. S1mple, the best tournament cs;go player, uses a GPro wireless.. Maybe long long ago what your saying is true, but the delay these days is much faster than you could ever detect.

I play on 240hz monitor 240fps and have never had something like that occur..
It's not about delay, it's about dead batteries.

I wish I could use my mouse in my right hand and there was a left hand controller with a toggle that was actually worth having. I'm not a fan of using a keyboard.

@LogGrad98 or anyone else that might know.

Do you have any experience with liquid cooling systems? I kind of want to do a hard line setup with a CPU and GPU block. Thermaltake has some kits but I know Thermaltake has sort of a hit or miss reputation. Would it be better to buy the set-up as a kit (EKWB also has some kits but they're more expensive than TT and seem to have less stuff in the box) or piece by piece?

@LogGrad98 or anyone else that might know.

Do you have any experience with liquid cooling systems? I kind of want to do a hard line setup with a CPU and GPU block. Thermaltake has some kits but I know Thermaltake has sort of a hit or miss reputation. Would it be better to buy the set-up as a kit (EKWB also has some kits but they're more expensive than TT and seem to have less stuff in the box) or piece by piece?
I've done water cooling a few times, right now I have a pretty good air cooling rig, a noctua with dual fans attached, and overall positive pressure inside the case which helps also keep dust out. For water-cooling I recommend a full kit. This usually ensures everything works together well. Cooler master is what I've mostly used, they are reliable, effective, easy to install, and all that.

I've done water cooling a few times, right now I have a pretty good air cooling rig, a noctua with dual fans attached, and overall positive pressure inside the case which helps also keep dust out. For water-cooling I recommend a full kit. This usually ensures everything works together well. Cooler master is what I've mostly used, they are reliable, effective, easy to install, and all that.
Noit something I'm looking to do in the next couple weeks, but possibly something I'll do in the next several months. Waiting for the 3K series Nvidia and the 4k series AMD Ryzen (but might buy Intel 10600K(F) if Ryzen doesn't impress).

I'd be doing it as much for looks as for performance. Well, looks and the experience of doing water cooling which I've never done. I have a Thermaltake 900 tower (white) that I've custom painted and it's pretty specifically designed for a water cooling setup. It's a massive dorm fridge sized case that I'm not fully taking advantage of. I love it tough. Love big cases that are easy to work in.

Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
You gotta go wireless.. with the mouse... once you do you'll never go back.. There's no delay at all.. I recommend the G305, you cant beat the bang for the buck ... If your looking for a bigger(100+ grams) one the G703 is nice.. The mouse with the best scrollwheel hands-down is the G903, it's a tank of an Ambi mouse though, for gaming i'd recommend the 703.

The GPro Wireless is really good and their flagship mouse, but $150 is too much when something like the 305 is offered for $50, logitech seems to rotate sales on their mice dont pay full price, just wait a month or 2.

With the G305, if you want to get it a few grams lighter you can use a triple-a battery converter (with some lithium batteries) and you'll be set.
I actually have a G305 for my VR PC in the family room. Love it and that's what I plan to replace my current mouse with. Just watching the price and will jump when it shows up on a discount.

I built my current PC in 2017.

It's a:
7600k i5
32g RAM
960 Evo 1tb SSD
Nvidia GTX 1070
Z270X motherboard

I feel like I got a very good chip. I'm not at all expert on overclocking, but I've been running this chip at 5ghz since I bought it. No special effort, when I set the system up I set voltage at 1.235 and chip at 5ghz.

I was messing with my set-up yesterday, repositioning my AIO liquid cpu cooler and I snapped one of the fittings. So I bought one of the cheapest air coolers I found in 30s of trying, a $36 cooler master hyper 212 black (could have saved $2 for non-black). My temps are MUCH lower (from mid 40s at idle to mid 30s, only getting to mid 80s during benchmarking) and at the same voltage I bumped my clock speed to 5.1ghz and I'm still running cooler than I ever did with my AIO water cooler.

Computer parts are so cheap in China. I'll have to post my new gaming computer I just bought here. The shop I bought the parts from charged $20 to put it together for me. I also picked up a 4k 32" curved monitor from Phillips for $200. That seems really cheap to me, but I haven't looked at USA prices.

Computer parts are so cheap in China. I'll have to post my new gaming computer I just bought here. The shop I bought the parts from charged $20 to put it together for me. I also picked up a 4k 32" curved monitor from Phillips for $200. That seems really cheap to me, but I haven't looked at USA prices.
This look like it?

$350