What's new

Phoenix Suns watch

Bro.... you should try watching Phoenix with at least one human eyeball. It would change your opinion.
They are good and have some really important parts of the equation. I think people don’t understand that Ayton is not just a guy who gets some points and rebounds... he’s actually gotten a ton better. They have great defenders on the wing and if Booker plays well in the playoffs and CP stays healthy they will give a few teams a run for their money.

The way Curry is playing, it almost feels like there are 8 legitimate contenders in the West playoffs. We know what Dame can do in the postseason, there is no way anyone rules out the LA teams, you don't take easily on Luka and company, Suns and Jazz have obviously shown they will be tough to beat. I seriously doubt there will be any sweeps, gentleman's sweep or not.

Eh.

I think Phoenix matches up annoyingly well with us, but I also think they're punching above their weight standings wise. They've had pristine health where nobody else has - I think they'd be comfortably behind the Clippers and Nuggets if they had to deal with the average level of injuries as other teams.

Bro.... you should try watching Phoenix with at least one human eyeball. It would change your opinion.
I agree they've been great in the playoffs. I just don't trust a first year playoff team and CP3 in the playoffs. Plus I think they are pushing really hard and are starting to look worn out at a bad time. I wouldn't pick them against a healthy Lakers team. But, we shall see how they do.

They are good and have some really important parts of the equation. I think people don’t understand that Ayton is not just a guy who gets some points and rebounds... he’s actually gotten a ton better. They have great defenders on the wing and if Booker plays well in the playoffs and CP stays healthy they will give a few teams a run for their money.
You also have to add how they matchup with us. It’s not good on our end.

The way Curry is playing, it almost feels like there are 8 legitimate contenders in the West playoffs. We know what Dame can do in the postseason, there is no way anyone rules out the LA teams, you don't take easily on Luka and company, Suns and Jazz have obviously shown they will be tough to beat. I seriously doubt there will be any sweeps, gentleman's sweep or not.
I don't think Portland or Dallas are contenders

I also don't think the warriors are contenders but Steph can be the best player in the entire nba for long stretches and that does make them a dark horse

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Suns verse jazz would be an epic series. I think we would prevail after 7 hard fought games with a few overtimes involved

I don't think Portland or Dallas are contenders

I also don't think the warriors are contenders but Steph can be the best player in the entire nba for long stretches and that does make them a dark horse

Yeah, kinda agree. But it's not like they are pushovers either. Dame carried Blazers to the West finals just two years ago.

Suns verse jazz would be an epic series. I think we would prevail after 7 hard fought games with a few overtimes involved

We only want Suns vs Jazz in the Western Conference Finals so I can cheer for whoever makes it to the Finals (Although I dislike CP3 a lot, I do like the Suns organization) and it's not the Clippers or the Lakers.

No matter what happens against GS and Portland, Phoenix has to win out, and we would have to lose to the Thunder or Kings.
I like our odds!
I'd like those odds too, but that's not the actual situation.

Suns are two games behind. Plus they have the tiebreaker. We can only lose one more game than them and stay the #1 seed, not three as you seem to imply.

Versus.

vs. = "versus" not "verse"

ver·sus
/ˈvərsəs,ˈvərsəz/
Learn to pronounce
preposition
against (especially in sports and legal use).
"Penn versus Princeton"
as opposed to; in contrast to.
"weighing the pros and cons of organic versus inorganic produce"
It also is NOT a verb. You can't "verse" someone. So this is wrong:

"I sure hope we verse Portland."
Or
"I hope the LA teams end up versing each other."

These are wrong and need to be eradicated.

In both of these cases the word one should use is "play" in place of "verse". Verse is never used as a verb.

This was a public service announcement.

Versus.

vs. = "versus" not "verse"

It also is NOT a verb. You can't "verse" someone. So this is wrong:

"I sure hope we verse Portland."
Or
"I hope the LA teams end up versing each other."

These are wrong and need to be eradicated.

In both of these cases the word one should use is "play" in place of "verse". Verse is never used as a verb.

This was a public service announcement.
Verse can be used as a verb, though I don't think it is common.

In the case of being used as a form of versus, I have seen it used in video game competitions so we may see it in one of the new dictionaries that try to be hip.

Verse is officially a verb in at least four senses, but none of them appear to be a denominalization of “versus”.

It might represent a subcultural usage, tho. Which means it may end up in the OED eventually.

Verse can be used as a verb, though I don't think it is common.

In the case of being used as a form of versus, I have seen it used in video game competitions so we may see it in one of the new dictionaries that try to be hip.
They are using it incorrectly. It's not a regular or accepted usage. It might become so, and if so that's sad, because it's representative of the dumbing down of America. People use it that way because they don't know what the word "versus" means or where it comes from. Soon that ignorance breeds further ignorance in modifying the word and using it in place of "play" in that context. They should be saying "this guy will play that guy" but they say "this guy will verse that guy" because they write "guy 1 vs. guy 2" on the bill for the competition and they don't know what the "vs." actually means.

Yes languages change this way, absolutely. Still a pet peeve of mine, and it is born of ignorance. So I correct it whenever I can.