What's new

Phoenix Suns watch

Amen brother, I met Jerry Sloan in Toronto when I was 23. When I shouted coach Sloan .. he shook my hand and said enjoy the game son. Rip Jerry Sloan love you Sir
I met him once in a fanzz store buying stuff for his grandkids and spoke to him a bit. He was very nice even despite the fact that I gave him a little ribbing for playing giricek ahead of deshawn Stevenson. I regret that comment to this day but at least he didn't seem to mind.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I met him once in a fanzz store buying stuff for his grandkids and spoke to him a bit. He was very nice even despite the fact that I gave him a little ribbing for playing giricek ahead of deshawn Stevenson. I regret that comment to this day but at least he didn't seem to mind.

Stevenson was traded for Giricek, though.

I have some concerns about the Warriors game if we don't at least have Conley. The Warriors are a better home team than road team, and Steph has been going nuclear as of late. It would be tremendously helpful if the Suns would drop another game and give us a little breathing room.

I have some concerns about the Warriors game if we don't at least have Conley. The Warriors are a better home team than road team, and Steph has been going nuclear as of late. It would be tremendously helpful if the Suns would drop another game and give us a little breathing room.
tenor-25.gif

Ya I actually think we lose that game. And I'm typically Mr optimism about this team

Huh, I thought we drafted deshawn. Well I just remember giving him crap about whoever was playing ahead of deshawn.

We did draft him. The guys playing in front of him would mostly be Calbert Cheney (KOC’s big acquisition that year) and Raja Bell. Bell and Harpring could be particularly annoying because they were Jerry’s pets and he’d let Raja play outside the offense.

Ya I actually think we lose that game. And I'm typically Mr optimism about this team

I'm feeling better about it. I think if the Jazz trap Steph early, keep Rudy in the paint, and leave Draymond or Kevin Looney unguarded, it should work. Make Draymond or Kent Bazemore beat us with long jumpers. Then we need Bojan and Clarkson punishing the Warriors' defense inside.

When the Warriors beat us last time, they got contributions from James Wiseman and Kelly Oubre, and neither one is available tomorrow. They're going to play small.

I'm feeling better about it. I think if the Jazz trap Steph early, keep Rudy in the paint, and leave Draymond or Kevin Looney unguarded, it should work. Make Draymond or Kent Bazemore beat us with long jumpers. Then we need Bojan and Clarkson punishing the Warriors' defense inside.

When the Warriors beat us last time, they got contributions from James Wiseman and Kelly Oubre, and neither one is available tomorrow. They're going to play small.
Good point about Rudy being able to stay in the paint due to not needing to guard dray and looney.
That makes me more optimistic

Good point about Rudy being able to stay in the paint due to not needing to guard dray and looney.
That makes me more optimistic

Jazz have done a really good job of trapping Damian Lillard and making him give up the ball. They can do the same with Steph. The problem with Steph is that he'll run everywhere and relocate for a hand-off or a quick catch and shoot. This will be a good game for Trent Forrest to see if he can stick to Steph.

The Warriors have become a more defensive-oriented team, with Looney, Draymond and Wiggins on the floor together. The Jazz need to be able to go to the rim against them.