What's new

Phoenix Suns watch

not the matchup I would want. In 3 games we haven't stayed with their guards yet.
Eh, we went to overtime last game iirc after we shot horribly.

If we shoot well then we will win

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the Clippers are a tad overrated, actually. Leonard is already complaining about a wrist injury to set the table for their elimination.
Me too. And George shrinks under the bright lights

They shouldn't get too excited, we don't usually start playing until the 3rd quarter.

Verse can be used as a verb, though I don't think it is common.

In the case of being used as a form of versus, I have seen it used in video game competitions so we may see it in one of the new dictionaries that try to be hip.

Verse is officially a verb in at least four senses, but none of them appear to be a denominalization of “versus”.

It might represent a subcultural usage, tho. Which means it may end up in the OED eventually.
This shows a misunderstanding of the 2 words. They are NOT related at all. "Versus" is not some form of "verse" and "verse" has nothing to do with "versus". They are different words with completely different meanings. They are not connected or related to each other at all except by people who don't know what they actually mean trying to force the word "versus" into the role of a verb, and there is no verb form of "versus".

Versus is a preposition that means roughly "against". You wouldn't say "I want to against you" and so it also does not work to say "I want to verse you".

Did not age well. lol
Eh, I thought they looked pretty good. Just missed shots (30% from 3) they normally make and were on the road against a team who has been better than the jazz in the last month and have the hottest player in the league and we were missing 2 all stars.
I expected a loss in this game before it began and we had a chance on the last possession to win. If they don't bank in a buzzer beater from near half court, and we don't miss a technical free throw by a 93% shooter, and they don't get a lucky long rebound (a play that they fouled Rudy on I might add) on their last possession then we win that game that I expected us to lose

I thought we played good and still lost which happens.

On to the next one

We win the last 3 and we are the one seed. It's all in our control. Plus I'm would be very surprised if Phoenix won all 4 of their games in 5 nights against playoffs teams. Winning 3 days in a row is rough against teams that are playoff teams wanting to win.

I think we really need to win against Portland, especially if Phoenix beats GS. We have blown them out twice, but we are short handed and they are hot and really needing wins. After that we play two tanking teams. But it would be much better if those games matter less and we can give guys rest and try different stuff.

This upcoming Portland game will be a dog fight. We have to win it to control the standings. PHX will win GS, could win with Portland too, San Antonio will give up meaningless games so we could have a problem if we won't win with Portland.

This upcoming Portland game will be a dog fight. We have to win it to control the standings. PHX will win GS, could win with Portland too, San Antonio will give up meaningless games so we could have a problem if we won't win with Portland.
I think San Antonio is fighting to get into the play in games so they won't be meaningless?

At least our most important game left is at home and maybe Clarkson's huge 4th quarter will carry some momentum into the rest of the games

I don’t understand why Tony Jones says the Suns game against GSW doesn’t matter. I get that we control our destiny, but that doesn’t mean the Suns games don’t matter.

If he had said “the Suns game doesn’t matter if the Jazz win out” or it “shouldn’t matter” that’s right and a different story. It may well matter though to the final standings, because the Jazz may not win out.

I love Tony, don’t get me wrong.

I don’t understand why Tony Jones says the Suns game against GSW doesn’t matter. I get that we control our destiny, but that doesn’t mean the Suns games don’t matter.

If he had said “the Suns game doesn’t matter if the Jazz win out” or it “shouldn’t matter” that’s right and a different story. It may well matter though to the final standings, because the Jazz may not win out.

I love Tony, don’t get me wrong.
It matters. A Suns loss is no different than a Jazz win at this point.

It matters. A Suns loss is no different than a Jazz win at this point.
I agree... the tone of what Tony is conveying is the correct way to view things though... take care of your bizness then it doesn't matter. Basically if we win against Porty the other games should be easy wins... and we are gold.

Phoenix could very well win out. GS and Portland have motivation to win but GS might be gassed after last night. San Antonio has no reason to really try that hard.

At the game last night Mike did an extended warm up. I think he is likely close to coming back. He looked pretty good. If he wasn't close I'm not sure why he's traveling with the team.