What's new

Players only meeting.

This is the type ignorance that eats away at society. Any time you make an assumption about ANYBODY of ANY COLOR, you tear away at equality. Everybody must be treated the same. At the end of the day, that's what everybody needs. That's what everybody deserves.

Judge a person not by the color of their skin but the content of their character.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
What assumption was made?

That's a nice quote when you are being held down and hurt by systemic racism. It does not apply when your race isn't a factor, because it's already true.

I'm so surprsied that race relations are worse than in the 80s when i was a kid, my last employer the African employees were the majority and you were more likely to be made salary if you were black, this was to appease the auditing agency the "joint comisssion" Absolultely true story but "racism" against caucausians doesn't exists? Doesn't fit the narrative so I KNOW y'all don't like that truth.

Another one: Had two friends in college they had the same scholarship, had to keep above a 3 point GPA to keep it, neither did this one semester but the one who was from latin america got to keep his scholarship for no other reason then his race. Dude lived with me for a couple years and was from Venezuela, I went with him to the department head when he reversred it because he was supposed to lose it. He was a poor student and got kicked out a couple years later for drinkin in class twice btw

Last edited by a moderator:
What assumption was made?

That's a nice quote when you are being held down and hurt by systemic racism. It does not apply when your race isn't a factor, because it's already true.
When you judge or treat anyone differently based off the color of their skin, you fail.

I heard more racist things said to me recently in the 2.5 years I ran a rec center than I heard in my entire life prior. I was always the old white guy. Light skin guys got treated differently than dark skin guys. Etc.

When all you see is race, all you'll see are differences. We need unity, not division. Over the last decade, the media is driving a spike through our communities by making people look for differences instead of striving for colorblind unity.

Drug court, i've read studies, is the one area where dark skin color doesn't do you good. Something tangible that isn't just posturing is legalize weed. That can be done. That's all I have on the subject as it doesn't interest me, I'll lose interest in the NBA very quickly if it becomes political

Last edited by a moderator:
These owners and bigwigs will be perfectly fine without them. It actually gives them huge leverage with CBA. The ones hurt are the lower paid players and contract players.

My point is this disruption doesn't disrupt anything. It doesn't change a single thing. It actually hurts as the NBA is a much bigger platform than any other option.
Fine? Owners are ****ing billionaires. If they just cared about being "fine" they wouldn't be where they are. They are greedy pigs who want every last dime lmfao. This is hurting them.

Anyone who is openly discussing this with Lopo is a fool. Dude is daft on purpose when it comes to these things and tries so hard to reframe every narrative presented by people of color.

Yes, I can believe I am not racist. Because I am not racist.

I know myself well. I'm certain that you don't know me better than I do.

I'm pretty sure you're human. That mean you use the same types of cognitive strategies as other humans. These strategies rely on quick judgments based on ideas and cultural memes you picked up as you were developing. If this development happened in the US/Europe/India/many other places, it was soaked in racist stereotypes and images.

This is not an attack on your character nor you intentions. It's how I was raised, my siblings, my parents, my children (to a lesser degree, thank goodness). It's a struggle with ourselves that, if we don't face it continually and constantly, we lose. If you're not on the lookout for how your reactions feed into the racist structure of the country, they will feed into it without you checking them. It's not enough to not be intentionally racist. You need to be intentionally anti-racist.

I'm so surprsied that race relations are worse than in the 80s when i was a kid, my last employer the African employees were the majority and you were more likely to be made salary if you were black, this was to appease the auditing agency the "joint comisssion" Absolultely true story but "racism" against caucausians doesn't exists? Doesn't fit the narrative so I KNOW y'all don't like that truth.

Another one: Had two friends in college they had the same scholarship, had to keep above a 3 point GPA to keep it, neither did this one semester but the one who was from latin america got to keep his scholarship for no other reason then his race. Dude lived with me for a couple years and was from Venezuela, I went with him to the department head when he reversred it because he was supposed to lose it. He was a poor student and got kicked out a couple years later for drinkin in class twice btw
The best example of racism against whites you could come up with was affirmative action (used to *try* to begin to offset the decades upon decades of extreme racial inequality) and a white guy getting kicked out of school because he wasnt smart enough?

Fine? Owners are ****ing billionaires. If they just cared about being "fine" they wouldn't be where they are. They are greedy pigs who want every last dime lmfao. This is hurting them.
Exactly. Everybody hurts if this happens.

Its simple economics - if the corporations pay less taxes, many will hire more people to create more product. If corporations are squeezed through mote taxes or leagues like the NBA lose profit margins, everybody will hurt.

If they all walk, it will lead to change they don't want to see.

How many people are racist that would admit they are racist? How many act racist but don't realize it? Are there different levels of it? And what is realistic to change as a society? I don't want canned answers or crappy finger pointing because it hasn't worked.

There are small groups that are openly racist. Pretty much every human acts in a racist fashion from time to time, but there are different degrees, and it can vary depending upon the situation. The guy who donates the NAACP may still cross the street, and the guy who doesn't cross the street may not donate, either.

C=Cultures for their own brand of inertia, and the memes people pick up as children never really go away. We pass -isms down from parent to child in large gestures in small, in what we choose and do not choose. We learn racism the same way we learn to speak, and at about the same time.

Owners (Governors) are getting set to renegotiate the CBA. Player pay is already tied to revenue. Many use their teams as a tax write off. I find it amusing that someone like you thinks he has the Governors all pegged and can understand their motivation and inner business dealings.

The real people to pay attention to is the TV networks. Are they willing to pay a substantially higher fee for a continuation of the product as-is? Are the foreign fans and markets all-in on boycotting a couple of seasons? the NBA doesn't have a monopoly everywhere. . .

Owners (Governors) are getting set to renegotiate the CBA. Player pay is already tied to revenue. Many use their teams as a tax write off. I find it amusing that someone like you thinks he has the Governors all pegged and can understand their motivation and inner business dealings.

The real people to pay attention to is the TV networks. Are they willing to pay a substantially higher fee for a continuation of the product as-is? Are the foreign fans and markets all-in on boycotting a couple of seasons? the NBA doesn't have a monopoly everywhere. . .
Yes, the inner motivations of billionaires arent hard to understand.

It's called money and power. They are obsessed with it.

C'mon. You seriously think there are gonna be riots from Republicans? Seriously? The closest thing to a right protest was some people standing on the courthouse steps in Minnesota looking like morons holding their guns and stuff.

Well, except for that time they overpowered the police and filled a gallery, while armed, in a legislative session. Or when they came armed to a protest in Portland and started beating on people. Or when they attacked some guy just standing still in Ohio. Or ...

I don't know if there will be riots if Biden is elected, but it's not like we are talking about some peaceful groups. There's good reasons the FBI is more worried about right-wing violence than left-wing violence.