What's new

Players only meeting.

Tamir and Philando were absolutely disgusting in every single way. Breonna Taylor I'm not so sure is race related, unless you tie in the war on drugs and the ability for cops to execute a no knock raid as racist, Which I wouldn't necessarily disagree with. But in regards to Breonna Taylor didn't they execute the no knock and when they knocked the door down her boyfriend started shooting and she was just caught in the cross fire? So if my facts are correct, which they very well may not be, it's more a matter of terrible policy than it is racist cops. Or am I missing something?
Nah with Breanna Taylor and most of the others the issue is the lack of prosecution of the cops.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

There are the really horrific actions of a racist officer all the way down to snide comments. I think it all has to be addressed if we truly want to see a brighter future. Everybody needs to be treated the same. Period. That's the only way forward. We can dissect the layers of racism all day. And I'm fully aware that the horrific racism far outweighs the surface level comments. I brought those up as part of the Harrell conversation and some are saying I'm stating an officer shooting is the same as being called a name on a basketball court. I'm not.

A parent planting a seed in a small white person's brain that they are better than people of color is unacceptable. I think it's also unacceptable for a parent to plant a seed in a small black person's brain that all white people are in any way, shape or form better than or given an easier life. 100% of the world's issues are how people are raised. A good parent won't allow their kid to wallow in self pity or treat others with disrespect or be a bad human being.

A good parent teaches their kid to tackle the mountain ahead of them and move on to the next one. Along the way, treat everybody the same.

BNTEB - Be Nice to EveryBody
Come on man. A parent can do everything perfectly and their kid can still end up a piece of ****. A parent helps to make their child be a good person but they can't force it or control entirely.

Come on man. A parent can do everything perfectly and their kid can still end up a piece of ****. A parent helps to make their child be a good person but they can't force it or control entirely.

C'mon fish. I'm not saying great parenting will lead to a perfect society with everybody acting perfectly. However, child raising is the start of everything. If done well, the chances that a kid grows up to be a hate mongering POC is a lot less than if the kid isn't raised well at all.

You think LeBron James sitting out a game impacts the world like a child's environment telling him to treat everybody well? Racist cops didn't become racist. They were raised racist or raised in an environment that left the door open for racism.

A lot of police offers ARE minorities. Are people assuming that they have bought into systematic racism and enjoy shooting black people?

I don't know anyone who claims police enjoy shooting black people. The problems include: 1) police are trained to respond violently to what they perceive as threats, 2) black people are more likely to be perceived as threats while engaging in the same behaviors, 3) the interactions are even more poisoned by the differential treatment of black people by police in non-violent situations, and 4) police officers pretend (probably as much to themselves as others) that they are not affected by 2) and 3).

However, minorities are just as molded by systemic racism as everyone else. There is no superpower of being unaffected the culture you are surrounded with.

A recent exploit of theirs was trying to use quick dry cement to lock police inside and burn them alive.

Echos of the cement milkshakes that never existed. Are you really dumb enough to believe this?

Then we have this, Antifa trying to reenact a viking shield wall to stop police.

How dare they try to protect themselves from people trying to beat them. They just protesters, they have no right to be there. What country do they think they are in? [/s]

C'mon fish. I'm not saying great parenting will lead to a perfect society with everybody acting perfectly.
Thats what it seemed like you were saying to me.

There are the really horrific actions of a racist officer all the way down to snide comments. I think it all has to be addressed if we truly want to see a brighter future. Everybody needs to be treated the same. Period. That's the only way forward. We can dissect the layers of racism all day. And I'm fully aware that the horrific racism far outweighs the surface level comments. I brought those up as part of the Harrell conversation and some are saying I'm stating an officer shooting is the same as being called a name on a basketball court. I'm not.

A parent planting a seed in a small white person's brain that they are better than people of color is unacceptable. I think it's also unacceptable for a parent to plant a seed in a small black person's brain that all white people are in any way, shape or form better than or given an easier life. 100% of the world's issues are how people are raised. A good parent won't allow their kid to wallow in self pity or treat others with disrespect or be a bad human being.

A good parent teaches their kid to tackle the mountain ahead of them and move on to the next one. Along the way, treat everybody the same.

BNTEB - Be Nice to EveryBody

I don't think teaching kids to be racist works that way. I think it is rarely verbalized and it is picked up through lots of non verbal actions. Many "good" parents on this forum have probably unknowingly done it. How the heck do you change that? Especially if we don't understand how a child learns it.

I also blame Blake, who's a rapists, abuser, chronic police fighting jackass that did exactly what no one should do unless they wanna get shot by the cops.s and social injustices, there are.

Blake's not rapist. He has abusive (especially towards his family) and got in trouble with the law a lot, but he's not a rapist.

So, did you see Blake do anything in that video where he deserved to be shot? Or, are you just victim-blaming again?

What do ALL of these police shootings have in common? NONE of the suspects listened to or complied with the instructions given by the police.

John Crawford was just shopping in a store and was shot before he could respond. Tamar Rice was killed within seconds. You are spouting ignorant drivel.

Respect the police and do what they tell you to do. PERIOD!

Last I checked, we weren't supposed to be living in a police state.

How does any amount of money fix these poor black kids growing up with no father, no outlets outside of drugs and gangs, destroyed infrastructure, and elected officials(red and blue)who have had decades to do something and haven't done jack ****?

You don't "fix" people, you help them. Money can pay for better streets, day care for parents, food, clothing, utilities, clubs, etc.

The elected officials have been hamstrung by the results of decades of laws designed to siphon money out of the black communities.

Nah with Breanna Taylor and most of the others the issue is the lack of prosecution of the cops.

What should they be charged with though? They barged into a house, which I think is an idiotic policy and strategy, but they were shot at first and returned fire. So what is their crime? If anything the policy on how they go about arresting people should change, because just banging down a door in the middle of the night and hoping for the best is stupid. I just don't really see how the cops did anything criminal or racist.

You're missing nothing. Her boyfriend opened fire which led to a fire fight and ultimately resulted in her death. The boyfriend should be charged with her murder and the attempted murder of the policemen who he shot.

So, when someone breaks into the house and you're not sure who they are, you believe you should not try and defend your home with a gun? Just being clear on that. I would not have pegged you as anti-gun.

Tamir and Philando were absolutely disgusting in every single way. Breonna Taylor I'm not so sure is race related, unless you tie in the war on drugs and the ability for cops to execute a no knock raid as racist, Which I wouldn't necessarily disagree with. But in regards to Breonna Taylor didn't they execute the no knock and when they knocked the door down her boyfriend started shooting and she was just caught in the cross fire? So if my facts are correct, which they very well may not be, it's more a matter of terrible policy than it is racist cops. Or am I missing something?

Would the police have handled the raid of a house the same way in a wealthy neighborhood? Given the systemic wealth transfer over decades, and that the police knew the race of the inhabitants, it's certainly fair to say there was some effect in multiple dimensions.

What is it about Black Culture in this country? Why is it that the highest percentage of single parent households in this Country is Black. Why is it that the highest percentage of deadbeat dads is Black. Why is it that the majority of homicides committed in this Country continue to be Black perps/Black victims even though Blacks represent only 13.4% of the population? .

Poverty and unequal policing. Once you account for those two factors, black households are no more likely to be single parent than whites, and the percentage of people who commit homicides are the same for both races.

Why is it that one white police officer killing or injuring a black perpetrator leads to weeks and sometimes months of protests, destruction of property and looting and yet the response to a gang related drive by shooting is only a phone call to law enforcement?

1) Your ignorance of the attempts of boor, black people to make their neighborhoods safer is apparent.
2) The anger comes from the life-long differential treatment spilling over, choosing the event almost at random. There are so many events to choose from.

Of course, then this cycle of violence in the Black community is then blamed on White America. The evil white man archetype pervades all, it's omnipresent in the Black community from the Church pulpit to the rhymes of popular rappers. Race-baiting is everywhere it seems.

White people have earned the blame and the archetype.

Would the police have handled the raid of a house the same way in a wealthy neighborhood? Given the systemic wealth transfer over decades, and that the police knew the race of the inhabitants, it's certainly fair to say there was some effect in multiple dimensions.

Very likely no, but that's not on the cops. They were just doing their job. The no knock policy very likely stems from racism. I still haven't heard any reason for the cops on scene to be arrested. Yes the policy is stupid, the warrant was stupid, someone obviously made a bunch of blunders as they were at the wrong house weren't they? But the cops were just doing their jobs.

You don't "fix" people, you help them. Money can pay for better streets, day care for parents, food, clothing, utilities, clubs, etc.

The elected officials have been hamstrung by the results of decades of laws designed to siphon money out of the black communities.
The elected officials continue to hamstring. Black people as far worse off financially than they were during the civil rights movement. I call absolute bs that guys like Bush Sr, Clinton, Jr, Obama/Biden, and now Trump were completely hamstrung. They were all aware of systemic issues dating back pre Rodney King and every single one did absolutely nothing.

Just as this DNC propaganda website presents itself as a basketball site - things are often not as they seem. "and not a shot was fired" is a communist playbook for taking over a country without firing a single shot.

Modern day warfare doesn't involve conventional weapons, psychological and information warfare are the new weapons. Just as bad actors in our military complex are covertly responsible for "organic" uprisings in Latin America, Middle East, everywhere, our loyal opposition loves "Black Lives Matter" and any similar or opposing groups.

Those who hate the United States, and there are plenty of tyrants who hate it here and abroad, would love for us to cry "defund" the police so then they can march in UN police. Then we'd have police we didn't know, and they are far far more likely to carry out orders our local police would not. These things are real.