What's new

Police shoots another unarmed black man for no reason.

This whole situation seems like it was handled poorly.
Why did they let him walk back to vehicle.
Why did they all follow him back to vehicle.
Why did they not make him come back to them and make him get on the ground.
If they are letting him go back to vehicle keep your distance till you know what he is going to do.
Why did they have so many cops on scene like it was an extremely risky call.
This one will be very hard to justify.
What a mess.

Probably cause they do not have mind control. "Hey Mister disobeying orders come back here please".

How many wits do you possess? If you are going to criticize for Hoover Dam's sake come up with a critical reason mate.

Will the country be in an outrage over this similar to the outrage over Kaepernick's protests?

The country is so fractured now that nothing short of a national catastrophe perpetrated by people trying to bring us down would unite us.

I think segments will be more outraged, some roughly equall outrage and some less or not at all.

Probably cause they do not have mind control. "Hey Mister disobeying orders come back here please".

How many wits do you possess? If you are going to criticize for Hoover Dam's sake come up with a critical reason mate.
Pretty well said, tbh.

As a cop (I believe you are anyway, if memory serves), I'm curious what you think about the couple handfuls of higher profile incidents that have occurred over the last few years, on a case-by-case basis.

I can give my thoughts, or try at least. With this being an issue people are very polarized and passionate about (and I understand why) the last thing I would want to do is inflame anything or upset anyone...that being said I think both sides could benefit from respectful civil discourse and maybe gain a different perspective from seeing things from a different point of view.

Pretty clear to me why this happened.

She thought he was reaching for a gun, after not complying with police orders. She was wrong, and she'll probably not be working in that job again.

White guys can die the same way if they care to do the same things he did.

At the moment she fired, and the other officer fired his taser, the police have stated he was reaching into the window with his left hand. Yet, in one of the videos at this link, the familiy's attorney shows an enlarged photo of the driver window, showing it is up, not open, and with a streak of blood running down it. We never see the guy reaching for his pocket continually, which the female officer claimed he was doing during the first 2 minutes of the encounter, when her dash cam was not turned on. All we have now, as visual evidence, is what the videos of the encounter show. As well as what has to be a questionable claim by the officer, if, as her attorney is claiming, she said the window was down and he was reaching into the car. The window looks closed in that closeup, and how does blood run down an open window?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...y-s-past-under-scrutiny-after-terence-n651441

New to the story.
Just curious...

- Has it been stated why he is parked in the middle of the road?
- it does appear his hands dart down (to where cant tell) right before shots fired.

Certainly appears senseless and trigger happy.

New to the story.
Just curious...

- Has it been stated why he is parked in the middle of the road?
- it does appear his hands dart down (to where cant tell) right before shots fired.

Certainly appears senseless and trigger happy.

Well, at least one of the 911 calls described the man as acting strangely. As well as the police found PCP in the vehicle. That said, as an attorney for the family said, it's the video evidence that needs to be the focus. Saying he was on PCP, which we don't know, does not really alter the fact that the videos do not seem to show that he was posing a danger to the cops. My understanding is that the female cop was responding to a different call, and just came across the scene. I do object to even hearing him referred to as "suspect down" when he was never a suspect in any crime in the first place...

Here are the 911 call transcripts:

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-new...ing-the-abandoned-vehicle-of-terence-crutcher

Another person was shot an killed in Charlotte last night. Protests started peacefully but turned violent as the night went on.

So question: Do you feel that the protests on this issue have been effective? Why or why not?

Another person was shot an killed in Charlotte last night. Protests started peacefully but turned violent as the night went on.

So question: Do you feel that the protests on this issue have been effective? Why or why not?

In that particular shooting the suspect was seen with a gun, is alleged to have pointed a gun at police, and a gun was recovered from the scene.

In that particular shooting the suspect was seen with a gun, is alleged to have pointed a gun at police, and a gun was recovered from the scene.

I never placed blame. Just stated fact. Another person was shot and killed last night. Every single one of these incidents are different. Some are 100% justified and some are not at all justified. And everything in between. I wasn't even getting into that though.

I never placed blame. Just stated fact. Another person was shot and killed last night. Every single one of these incidents are different. Some are 100% justified and some are not at all justified. And everything in between. I wasn't even getting into that though.
Boondocks added info seems relevant, so I'm not sure why you seem to be objecting.

Two things:

1. It is not relevant to what I asked.

2. I was not objecting, I was clarifying.
I think it is relevant. I believe that violent protests of justifiable shootings hurt this cause. It's an unfortunate fact that police must use deadly force in some circumstances. Most people recognize that.

I think it is relevant. I believe that violent protests of justifiable shootings hurt this cause. It's an unfortunate fact that police must use deadly force in some circumstances. Most people recognize that.

ok

Fair enough. I just felt that since it was posted in the "Police shoots another unarmed black man for no apparent reason" thread, that some clarification was appropriate in this instance so that other posters aren't drawn to the conclusion that the two instances are the same circumstances

Randy101612a.png

¡Hola!

Tengo una maravillosa oportunidad que me gustaría contarte. Hay este puente maravilloso que me gustaría vender a usted. Para un pago inicial de 39,99 dólares americanos puede convertirse en un titular de la acción. Todo lo que necesitamos de usted es su información de cuenta bancaria y número de Seguro Social!

I would say no. Only because nothing really seems to have changed.

If the point of the protests is to bring and end to these killings, then they are probably hurting if anything, as they only serve to widen the gap between themselves and the police.