What's new

POLL: How has COVID affected your job?

How have the COVID-19 shutdowns and subsequent impact on the economy affected your job personally?

• I already worked from home, no effect

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I already worked outside of the home, no effect

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I worked outside of the home before, but now I work from home

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I worked from home before, but now I work in a job at an office/work site

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I lost my job, and still have not been able to get a new position

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I lost my job, but have since found a new position

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
I still work in the office every day. My work load is slightly less than before. I feel isolated now because I rarely leave my office and talk to few, if any, people. But I'm grateful to have a job that is still needed.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

The issue I have is that I have to stay near home to help elderly family members who are sheltering from the virus.

Otherwise, I just work off a phone and a computer anyway and have a lot of flexibility.

I work outside the home and have never been busier.

I work from home, first time I've ever done this and it's been great. Meetings are now done through Google and instead of training in person, it's now over the phone which has worked to the same effect. I can see how many employers should offer this option in the future. I can't complain about wearing shorts every day and my commute being walking over to my work station.

My hours and amount of work has not changed at all.
Just things like wearing masks, no more meetings, more cleaning, temperature checks upon entry, no more pool/foosball tables, the gym at work is closed, there is taped stuff on the floor promoting social distancing, partitions are up in the office areas and smoking table, shifts are staggered so there aren't as many people in the locker room at the same time, chairs have been removed from the break room so people can't sit close to each other and breaks are staggered so there are less of us in the break room at once.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Family is more affected. Wife works on the front line, kids work in essential services, home school.

I'm all over the place. I get up and walk out when anyone comes into my space, I travel a lot, mostly California, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, rarely in Arizona. I go packed so I don't have to use motels or restaurants. Gas stations and truck stops. I wear a mask when required, or meeting people.

I imagine I got Covid 19 in mid-October 2019, when it was spread at the sports meet in Wuhan on purpose. I think they paid some college kids to walk around pouring out vials of virus on all the seating and water fountain buttons, It doesn't give symptoms much if you're healthy and have a good immune system. The infected athletes and fans all went home all over the world and seeded every major city on the globe, I think all the governments asked for it to reduce their social welfare costs for stinkin old farts on oxygen.

Either we have a testing false positive stat of 20%, or we have paid activists prowling the cities with vials of the virus, just pouring it all over every likely object that is likely to be touched.

It is necessary to fake death stats to get people worried and willing to bend over for this. Damn doctors are now saving almost 99% of serious patients with antiviral meds and oxidative therapy and antibody plasma.

We had a bad flu year, and up to February this year(2020) it was a record bad year. But now the CDC has redone their report and made it a very mild flu year, so they could pack all that onto the Covid-19 figures, along with several other diseases.

Fakedemic.

But my wife doesn't believe that at all.

My sales have tripled, my prices doubled. I'm OK. But I'm the rare oddity of a symptomless carrier who never quits. I should be paid for what I do. Because of me..... well, and all those paid anarchist activaists with virus vials in their mitts...... this is the Fakedemic that will never quit.

There's a odd little quirk about this virus. The one protein that can effectively be used to generate antibodies..... the one surface antigen any antibody can "see" is prone to mutation at a rate that means in a year or so, you'll need to start all over with a new vaccine or new exposure to the virus to keep up your immunity.

That, or go swimming in a chlorinated pool about twice a day. I just keep a Chlorox jug handy, in case anyone breathes out in my presence.

Gawd the stupidity of pools being banned, or people wearing masks while swimming in chlorine.

Sorry folks, I tried once to be rational. It just isn't "me".

And sorry I'm such a damned hypocrite and liar. I believe in regulation of everything, that's why I prophetically built a business based on consulting to help the over-regulated cope with it all economically. Everything I teach is lies, because according to the political conformists there's nothing anyone can do to make life better that isn't illegal. I specialize in stuff they never imagined, and would regulate outta existence if they knew people could do something like that.

I believe in regulation in the sense that I see clearly enough that we have a national epidemic of laws and regulations mostly stupid and mostly irrelevant that everyone just needs to laugh at.

Everybody who has a problem with Covid fears should buy a jacuzzi and plenty of chlorine to keep the water just that side of tolerably stinky. Use it every day, twice if possible, and laugh at all the stupid governors trying to stop people from planting veggies in the raised hotboxes in the sunlight before the snow is even melted.

And here, I have this variety of super beets with an oxidative chemical that not only kills covid, it makes sex more fun.

Last edited:
And here, I have this variety of super beets with an oxidative chemical that not only kills covid, it makes sex more fun.

@babe Tell me more about this oxidative chemical. This may be the most important thing you ever post on Jazzfanz.

We own a small veterinary clinic. Contrary to what we thought would happen, business freaking BOOMED when the shut-downs hit - and it hasn't let up. We're exhausted, but keeping our noses to the grindstone. Gave all the staff hazard pay bonuses with the PPP money. We've been doing curbside-only since March 16th and we have no plans to change that any time soon. 99% of people have been fine with this, but we've all got our "Karens".

Reactions: MVP
I've had a bunch of people bug me about things to do with kids when you're at home with them all day, but otherwise stay-at-home parenting is about the same as ever.

We own a small veterinary clinic. Contrary to what we thought would happen, business freaking BOOMED when the shut-downs hit - and it hasn't let up. We're exhausted, but keeping our noses to the grindstone. Gave all the staff hazard pay bonuses with the PPP money. We've been doing curbside-only since March 16th and we have no plans to change that any time soon. 99% of people have been fine with this, but we've all got our "Karens".

My sister works in a vets office and agrees with all this, business is booming, they're opening up a 2nd office soon I think.

@babe Tell me more about this oxidative chemical. This may be the most important thing you ever post on Jazzfanz.

lol.

nitrates and nitrites present in beets and beet greens especially. . Nitrogen monoxide levels are supported by nitrates/nitrites in food sources, though somecapacity to synthisize nitrate may exist in every living thing. Nitrogen oxides are all oxidizers because we metabolize them to urea and such, or ammonia as in pee. Function in human chemistry as a neurotransmitter specifically, resulting in vasodilator effects like male erection response.

Chlorine, ozone and many other chemicals function as oxidizers which are known to be especially toxic to Corona viruses and many other virues and bacteria. UV light kills Corona because it converts oxygen into ozone. An electrical discharge will do as much or more. Hence, an electrostatic filter in the ductwork of any HVAC system will be more effective in general in stores or offices than masks and sanitary wipes generally, reducing the "safe" social distance to anything more than a French kiss.

NO is a pretty good oxidant too. It can be transported in the blood or lymph, but mainly it is a gas so it will ooze outta your fluids including saliva and mucous or any wet surface at some rate.

lol.

nitrates and nitrites present in beets and beet greens especially. . Nitrogen monoxide levels are supported by nitrates/nitrites in food sources, though somecapacity to synthisize nitrate may exist in every living thing. Nitrogen oxides are all oxidizers because we metabolize them to urea and such, or ammonia as in pee. Function in human chemistry as a neurotransmitter specifically, resulting in vasodilator effects like male erection response.

Chlorine, ozone and many other chemicals function as oxidizers which are known to be especially toxic to Corona viruses and many other virues and bacteria. UV light kills Corona because it converts oxygen into ozone. An electrical discharge will do as much or more. Hence, an electrostatic filter in the ductwork of any HVAC system will be more effective in general in stores or offices than masks and sanitary wipes generally, reducing the "safe" social distance to anything more than a French kiss.

NO is a pretty good oxidant too. It can be transported in the blood or lymph, but mainly it is a gas so it will ooze outta your fluids including saliva and mucous or any wet surface at some rate.
Nitric oxide. I am familiar with this. It can bought as a nutritional supplement. Same stuff?

Nitric oxide. I am familiar with this. It can bought as a nutritional supplement. Same stuff?

Lessee....... Nitrogen can have a whole series of oxidative states, or valences. Like Chlorine. Nitrates are explosive if finely mixed with reduced chemical species. NO3, is nitrate. HNO3 is nitric acid and N has valence +5. It oxidizes stuff, going to a lower valence and donating ab oxygen atom to whatever it is oxidizing. Nitrous Oxide would be the next in the series, with HNO2 nitrous acid. N valence +3.

So, you sound like a smartass chemistry teacher who is picking a fight or a snickering festival.

I don't know anything. I'm an old fart almost as somnolescent as Biden, that's why I can tell you what he is.

NH3 is ammonia, one of our excretory achievements, along with urea and various other amines where nitrogen has the valence of -3. Amino acids and nucleoside compounds are vital to life as we know it. We actually invest a lot of biochemistry fighting oxidizers most of the way down our biochemical alley, but NO is one short-lived chemical useful in synapse chemistry for very short-term purposes, like the nanosecond impulse crossing a synapse.

Most of life is a fight between oxidation and reduction. A single cell bacteria or a virus is not well-equipped, has no biochemical reserves, to outlast the oxidation, lasting far less than the humancell in a surface lung membrane for example.

It can be said, with practically no caveat at all, that a nitrate in our diet is the source of every nitrogen species in the whole series, potentially. Of course not all nitrate moieties take every possible smal lstep down the slide. Sometimes an energetic bounce takes it more than one step.

So, however you wish to snicker or parse my terminology, just have fun if you must, bjut I have probably forgotten more chemistry than you could find in almost any current textbook.

The nutritional industry does a lot of loose talk with little actual knowledge.