What's new

Possible move into playoff position - Jazz at Grizzlies - 3/9/2018 6:00 pm MST

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
1200px-Utah_Grizzlies_Logo.svg.png

Fresh off their win in Indiana, the Jazz put on their blue suede shoes and boarded a plane. They touched down in the land of the delta blues, in the middle of the pouring rain.

70e730e5067b0692bd8bf09228e501af79c637d3902776a871a30427ad849218.jpg

The Grizzlies themselves are coming off a 15-game losing streak, longest in the NBA and the only in double digits. They currently stand in first place in the tank race.

g1410388962662718301.jpg

In all honesty, this could be a tough game. A 15-game losing streak is not easy and eventually that has to end, regardless of how bad the team is playing. You never know when these guys have had enough and can come out motivated. However, with our current understanding of the importance of every win, I find it unlikely that our guys would be looking past this one.

Memphis has, well, not a lot of people. They do have three-time all-star, fellow Rubio countryman and friend:

Marc+Gasol+Ricky+Rubio+Olympics+Day+16+Basketball+kR4Xz-dGOQtl.jpg

My favorite alt of all time (at least by name) is Gasol stopper Ante Tomic. Now, this has always been assumed to refer to Pau Gasol (at least I think), but it really doesn't specify which Gasol, leaving us with three possibilities:

1. Pau Gasol stopper.
2. Marc Gasol stopper.
3. Both Pau and Marc Gasol stopper.

So we've got a 66.67% chance of having a Marc Gasol stopper. I'll take those odds!

espana_croacia_eurobasket-640x640x80.jpg

The Grizzlies ended up being the final landing spot of former Jazz legend the Big Dog:

I can't even find a link-able image. This will have to do:

20150706_clinics_okur_carr.jpg

Some famous Memphis-ites:

Tyreke:

TYREKE-EVANS-BAM_1499452555152_23592366_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Kathy Bates:

giphy.gif

576be26452bcd029008cb17f-750.jpg

If the Lakers and Cavs can take care of business tonight, the Jazz can take over the 8th seed with a win in Memphis.

Can you feel it?

874725658-utah-jazz-v-new-york-knicks.jpg.jpg

Can you feel it coming?

d37fd219-08d6-419b-8445-7b811feee049-crowderjazz.PNG

Can you feel it coming in the air tonight?

Last edited:
Come for the barbeque
stay because you got murdered.

Maybe the loudest I have laughed from a jazzfanz post ever. Walken in Memphis was pretty good too. And I love the mike Tyson theme here. Maybe the gamethread girl should be robin givens or desiree Washington.

Trap game galore and regardless of the tank the players eventually can't take it anymore. I expect a big effort from the Grizz and a close game.

Go Jazz!! Sad to see how far the Grizzlies have fallen.

Memphis has, well, not a lot of people. They do have three-time all-star, fellow Rubio countryman and friend:

Marc+Gasol+Ricky+Rubio+Olympics+Day+16+Basketball+kR4Xz-dGOQtl.jpg

My favorite alt of all time (at least by name) is Gasol stopper Ante Tomic. Now, this has always been assumed to refer to Pau Gasol (at least I think), but it really doesn't specify which Gasol, leaving us with three possibilities:

1. Pau Gasol stopper.
2. Marc Gasol stopper.
3. Both Pau and Marc Gasol stopper.

So we've got a 66.67% chance of having a Marc Gasol stopper. I'll take those odds!

Hi, my name is Adrià Gasol, I am the younger brother and I'm here to decrease your percent chances.

Adri%C3%A0-Gasol.jpg

If The Jazz lose to this dumpster fire of a team then they don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

And there are no trap games in March or April for good teams anyway.

It doesn't have to be pretty - it never is against Memphis. Just get a W and move on to NOLA.

If The Jazz lose to this dumpster fire of a team then they don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

And there are no trap games in March or April for good teams anyway.

It doesn't have to be pretty - it never is against Memphis. Just get a W and move on to NOLA.

I predict an ugly, frustrating win, but I like to reverse jinx us so....

This will be the big let down loss we all know is coming... the one we look back on when we miss the playoffs by a game and say we should have had it.

This is an almost perfect summation of my my last trip to Memphis. Fortunately for me, it's not quite correct.

If the Jazz lose I'm going to be pissed because I assume the end of the streak will mean the end of these great threads where you always remember to include everything but the good luck game girl.
Tulisa-Contostavlos.jpg

If the Jazz lose I'm going to be pissed because I assume the end of the streak will mean the end of these great threads where you always remember to include everything but the good luck game girl.
Tulisa-Contostavlos.jpg

We've already had that one.