What's new

Post your 2013 Remockdraft

Hate to be that guy... but how good is this team if we'd taken Antetokounpo instead of Burke?

It would be a pretty long perimeter with exum, hayward and Giannis. We would have sucked bad still, and maybe had a chance to draft an awesome center like towns or okafor.

He might not even be able to stay in the game for that long. He averages like 4.7 fouls per 36. Numbers don't just proportionally rise with minutes. He is awesome, but he is not joakim Noah or dikembe just yet.

Let's look at the 4 games in which Rudy has played 26+ mins.

Miami: 26 mins, 9 pts, 11 rbds, 5 blocks, 4 assists and 2 fouls
@ Washington: 31 mins, 7 pts, 9 rbds, 3 blocks, 2 steals, 2 fouls
@ New Orleans: 33 mins., 6 pts, 9 rbds, 3 blocks, 2 assists, 3 fouls
@ Charlotte: 30 mins, 11 pts, 12 rbds, 2 blocks, 3 fouls

Small sample size admittedly, but it looks to me like his stats do increase in proportion to his playing time. Gobert should be able to reach 9/10/3 and has no trouble staying on the court. Also keep in mind his offensive game is just developing. I see no reason he can't bring his scoring average up a bit over the course of this season and next.

Small sample size admittedly, but it looks to me like his stats do increase in proportion to his playing time. Gobert should be able to reach 9/10/3 and has no trouble staying on the court. Also keep in mind his offensive game is just developing. I see no reason he can't bring his scoring average up a bit over the course of this season and next.

At 9/10/3 that puts him in pretty elite territory when you count in how he affects games. Pretty exciting stuff.

Agree with that.

Hell, I might even go 10/12/3.

So this begs the question, what's the long term plan for Enes? With Rudy at this level and Favors not ceding his pf spot anytime soon I worry a bit about Enes. I think Enes is going to be very good, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where he fits. Hate to see him go somewhere else as he becomes a stud eventually.

So this begs the question, what's the long term plan for Enes? With Rudy at this level and Favors not ceding his pf spot anytime soon I worry a bit about Enes. I think Enes is going to be very good, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where he fits. Hate to see him go somewhere else as he becomes a stud eventually.

Favors/Enes is truly complexing.

At 9/10/3 that puts him in pretty elite territory when you count in how he affects games. Pretty exciting stuff.

And it's not like he's Burke-esque in getting there. His FG% is 64%. All he needs to do is develop a reliable short hook shot to average double figures.

And it's not like he's Burke-esque in getting there. His FG% is 64%. All he needs to do is develop a reliable short hook shot to average double figures.

Agreed and I think he can do it. He's shown some really good body control for his size.

Or just use his length in a way in which from about six feet from the basket, he can create a strong pivot (counter) move(s), in which he can end up basically just laying it up. Sort of Hakeem meets Big Al meets Anthony Davis.

I'd replace that with IF...IF he becomes a stud. There is plenty of room for three bigs (3 *32 mins each). I see no problem bringing Kanter off the bench once he's re-signed. Or Rudy could go one more season as the 3rd big - as long as he's getting 30 mins. Jazz have plenty of space under the tax line - and that doesn't even factor in the increase that will come in 18 months. No real decision needs to happen until Hayward and then Favors come up for their next contracts. No doubt Hayward is going to command $20M+. If Favors wants too much, then maybe he makes the decision for DL by signing elsewhere.

I'd replace that with IF...IF he becomes a stud. There is plenty of room for three bigs (3 *32 mins each). I see no problem bringing Kanter off the bench once he's re-signed. Or Rudy could go one more season as the 3rd big - as long as he's getting 30 mins. Jazz have plenty of space under the tax line - and that doesn't even factor in the increase that will come in 18 months. No real decision needs to happen until Hayward and then Favors come up for their next contracts. No doubt Hayward is going to command $20M+. If Favors wants too much, then maybe he makes the decision for DL by signing elsewhere.

I almost wonder if we'd be better served having Enes start and having Favors come off the bench. It seems like the NBA doesn't run strong side post anymore and as long as Rudy or Favors is on the floor, we will need a floor spacing big man out there.

Yeah eventually Booker needs to be playing spot minutes. Booker as a spot minute spark plug is exactly the role he SHOULD have on a successful team. I suspect that we sign Kanter and Booker is a 50/50 to be picked up, depending on who is drafted. . .