What's new

Post your 2013 Remockdraft

So excited that we have potentially a few really good pieces on this team. At the very least, we have hayward, favors, exum, and rudy who are valuable to us or in trades. (I am not advocating trading them). I hope faves and rudy can play together, that would be amazing.

So excited that we have potentially a few really good pieces on this team. At the very least, we have hayward, favors, exum, and rudy who are valuable to us or in trades. (I am not advocating trading them). I hope faves and rudy can play together, that would be amazing.

This saddens me, because I agree.. but I just don't think we ever become really relevant without stretching the floor with our bigs. They will never.

This saddens me, because I agree.. but I just don't think we ever become really relevant without stretching the floor with our bigs. They will never.
Exactly. I do wonder though, if we were able to get a really good stretch four, maybe we could have a three big rotation where rudy and favors would only have to play together 10 or so minutes a night. Both of them would have to improve their passing, and we would need a great shooter to round out the rotation. Maybe the front office thought kanter could be that, but it seems like he is more effective scoring closer to the basket.

Exactly. I do wonder though, if we were able to get a really good stretch four, maybe we could have a three big rotation where rudy and favors would only have to play together 10 or so minutes a night. Both of them would have to improve their passing, and we would need a great shooter to round out the rotation. Maybe the front office thought kanter could be that, but it seems like he is more effective scoring closer to the basket.

100%. That should be the absolute direction.

(like I am smarter than the FO...........)

Also, I personally know Enes. At one time, quite well.. lesser so since he left UK.
My take, fwiw, he is an 'attaboy' type of guy. He is needy. Needs to be told he can do it, needs to be told his work is paying off... and he HAS the ability to be an elite stretch4, but it may not be in the cards for coaches to babysit. Not sure I would. But he CAN do it. He has a SWEET stroke, a great attitude, and wants to make a mark on history.. but he has to made to feel it's all attainable. They should hire me (for free) to motivate him.. insta-star.

Too bad quin is not an assistant coach here. It seems like in Atlanta he had the time to spend with guys one on one and make that development happen. Maybe it will happen here, but he sure looks tired. Prolly has to get up at night and change diapers or something on top of spending all those hours coaching.

Too bad quin is not an assistant coach here. It seems like in Atlanta he had the time to spend with guys one on one and make that development happen. Maybe it will happen here, but he sure looks tired. Prolly has to get up at night and change diapers or something on top of spending all those hours coaching.

Lame excuse.. coaches get done what they wanna get done. Maybe he should put in more ****ing effort.

Jazz have made some good runs with Gobert playing with Favors. Next year - provided the Jazz re-sign Enes - you could still start Kanter and Favors, but Enes would come out at the 6 min mark and be replaced by Rudy. Or vice versa. Maximize the time Rudy plays with Favors and minimize his time with Enes. All of them can still get 30 mins/per.

Yeah eventually Booker needs to be playing spot minutes. Booker as a spot minute spark plug is exactly the role he SHOULD have on a successful team. I suspect that we sign Kanter and Booker is a 50/50 to be picked up, depending on who is drafted. . .
Booker is a decent trade chip, both as a quality backup and as a contract since next season is not guaranteed. Not sure on his value as a Jazz player going forward. I think it depends on his ability to develop a 3PT shot. He'd be a good guy to have around, just for his intensity.

Porzingis? I think Kanter is re-signed and I agree, he's better closer to the basket. I think - eventually - the Jazz need to choose who is going to be a PF and backup to Gobert at the 5. And the other will be traded. Or maybe Favors will want too much and leave as an UFA when his contract is up.

We'd also have better success playing our bigs togeher if we had wings (especially a PG), who could shoot 3's. If Hayward and Burks are going to be the primary playmakers, they need to be able to kick it back out to the PG or hit the other wing for a corner-3. Hood MIGHT be the answer at the wing. Burke ISN'T an answer at PG.

Oh yeah, as for the re-draft, I think MCW is being valued too high. He gets his numbers on volume and has no range. He's shooting 39%/24% right now. But he is a good rebounder and gets assists. Better than Trey, certainly.

IMO, Rudy and Giannis are going to be the best of the draft. Both are projects; both are developing nicely.

Let's look at the 4 games in which Rudy has played 26+ mins.

Miami: 26 mins, 9 pts, 11 rbds, 5 blocks, 4 assists and 2 fouls
@ Washington: 31 mins, 7 pts, 9 rbds, 3 blocks, 2 steals, 2 fouls
@ New Orleans: 33 mins., 6 pts, 9 rbds, 3 blocks, 2 assists, 3 fouls
@ Charlotte: 30 mins, 11 pts, 12 rbds, 2 blocks, 3 fouls

Small sample size admittedly, but it looks to me like his stats do increase in proportion to his playing time. Gobert should be able to reach 9/10/3 and has no trouble staying on the court. Also keep in mind his offensive game is just developing. I see no reason he can't bring his scoring average up a bit over the course of this season and next.

Agreed, scoring shouldn't be the priority anyway in the short term. Clearly Gobert (barring injuries, always the big IF with massive dudes) has shown the drive and the stamina to be a 30/35mn starting centre in this league, and based on his rb and bk percentages, even if lowered a bit (say 19 reb% and 6,5 bk%) in 32 mns a game (sound about right for a big dude, you don't want to burn them out) he would average 10,2rbs a game and 2,7blks.

This is a conservativeish estimate particularly on the rebound side. If he was to play more positional defense, ie go for the block less, try to stay more ground based and intimidate penetration and only going for the block when the success rate is high (ie the Tim Duncan way), then his defensive rebounding would go up.

But anyway the point is that expecting him to go 9/10/3ish is quite a conservative estimate and very very realistic. Based on what he has been showing this season, taking into account his solid FT shooting, him going 12/12/3 as a starter as soon as next year seems very plausible. Add tho this his mobility and ability to cover ground and defend the PnR, this would place in him on the verge of the top5 of defensive centres in the league behind Noah, Marc Gasol, Hibbert, Bogut and Duncan (at about the level of a Tyson Chandler already, and better from a purely defensive point of view than Deandre Jordan in my book.

I am not saying 12/12/3 is a ceiling or floor, we don't know that. But what I am saying is that it is credible (again barring injuries). This is fantastically exciting to put it mildly.

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo
2. MCW
3. Victor Oladipo
4. Gorgui Dieng
5. Rudy Gobert
6. Nerlens Noel
7. Kelly Olynyk
8. Mason Plumlee
9. Tim Hardaway Jr.
10. Shabazz Muhammad

I think every list has to start with Giannis, followed by a big drop to everyone else.