What's new

Post your 2013 Remockdraft

So I have tried to redraft the 2013 assuming that the first 8 picks stayed the same and Minny is on the clock. If the Jazz were not so hasty in making an asymmetrical trade, how would picks 9-21 play out?

Of course I have to assume that no other teams were bidding for a trade with Minnesota, even though i believe Minny had several other offers, Boston the most probable.

So minny takes Shabazz 9.
10-Portland might have taken Trey, but I thought they liked the shooting of McCollum so I think. They still take him.
11- Philly has said the reason they liked MCW was his length. They still draft him at 11, Trey falls.
12-OKC has Westbrook and Reggie Jackson, they don't need a 3rd pg. they do need front court depth and sg. They take Adams.
13- Dallas had been a mess at pg the year before with Darren Collinson, Roddy Beauois, Derrick Fisher, and a bunch of scrubs. They would have drafted Trey.
14-jazz draft with Olynk, Schroeder, Gianiss, Dieng, Plumlee, Gobert, and Noguira on the board. I have heard the jazz would have drafted Gobert here, I never believed they actually would have, it was only talk. But if the jazz draft anything other than Shcroeder or Gianiss they aren't drafting another big at 21. For fun lets say they draft Gobert.
15-Gianiss
16-Olynk
17-Schroder
18-nogueria
19-Karesev
20-Snell
21-jazz have their choice of Plumlee, Dieng, Jean Charles, Nedovic, Felix, Hill, Bullock. They draft ...? Who knows, I think it would be Felix who they ended up cutting.

Then at #46 Jazz draft Neto who comes over and plays a backup pg role for a year.

If I revisit the draft now, and consider future upside and current production and development and impact potential:

1 Antetokounmpo
2 Nerlens Noel
3 Oladipo
4 MCW
5 Gobert
6 Schröder
7 Porter
8 Plumlee
9 KCP
10 McLemore
11 Adams
12 Olynyk
13 Len
14 Zeller
15 Dieng
16 Bennett
17 Burke
18 Muhammad
19 Tim Hardaway Jr
20+ IDGAF

Also I don't like how high I have some smaller wings, but given the drought of this position I think teams would still try to extract the increased "relative" value.

He might not even be able to stay in the game for that long. He averages like 4.7 fouls per 36. Numbers don't just proportionally rise with minutes. He is awesome, but he is not joakim Noah or dikembe just yet.

Hate this argument...same thing has been said about multiple players including Millsap. Players want to stay on the floor and adjust their game accordingly during the game or with experience.

He looks good, but still think Exum is better. Can't wait to see Dante after a full season in the system and a full summer in the strength and conditioning program. I see the potential for a Rudy Gobert type of jump from year one to two both physically, mentally and confidence wise. The talent is there, but body is not.

He looks good, but still think Exum is better. Can't wait to see Dante after a full season in the system and a full summer in the strength and conditioning program. I see the potential for a Rudy Gobert type of jump from year one to two both physically, mentally and confidence wise. The talent is there, but body is not.
Oh my...can you imagine if that happened!

All I know is when I hey announced we traded for Trey I yelled no no no no no as my idiot bro started trash talking me because he actually thought trey would be good. Looking back giving up those two picks for Trey now seems like we gave too much.

My question is if we hadn't made that trade who would we have taken at 14? I'm guessing we would've taken Gobert at 21.

Don't bet the farm on this. The cases of Gobert and Exum are very different.

Gobert hardly played, but when he did he usually produced and had some great moments, but because he wasn't in the rotation and rarely played, it makes his second year jump look even bigger. Exum on the other hand was in the rotation and even started for most of the second half of the year and for the most part didn't produce like we would've liked to see. I would be very shocked if Exum had the type of rise in his second year that Gobert had

I'm starting to think that had Gobert gotten playing time he'd have at the very least had a chance at rookie of the year.

You might be wrong.

So you dig up a year old post, put in a "might" qualifier, and yet don't explain a single thing about what "might" be wrong?
Did you post this to;

A) say our bigs "might" stretch the floor
B) we "might" become "really relevant"
C) or just try to show your *** with some ******** don't say anything at all crap

Well?

So you dig up a year old post, put in a "might" qualifier, and yet don't explain a single thing about what "might" be wrong?
Did you post this to;

C) or just try to show your *** with some ******** don't say anything at all crap

Well?
Partial posts are my th

Did you post this to;

Well?

In all reality, during that time of the season I was starting to think that the Jazz should use Favors as trade bait. I couldn't see a Favors/Rudy line up working for a good stretch of the game.

If you look back at this thread I agreed with most about the need of a stretch 4.

I wiffed hard. Just having some fun is all.

In all reality, during that time of the season I was starting to think that the Jazz should use Favors ad trade bait because I could see a Favors/Rudy line up working for a good stretch of the game.

If you look back at this thread I agreed with most about the need of a stretch 4.

I wiffed hard. Just having some fun is all.

I re-read your first sentence and twice and am now convinced why shorter posts are your thing.