What's new

Potential additions for next year at SF/PF, PF/C

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we bring Favors or Crowder back. In fact... I kind of expect it.

Crowder would be more likely for multiple reasons.
Would he? He seems like a perfect fit on the Heat. And it's hard to ignore that the Jazz traded him away and that the Heat are in Miami.

Would he? He seems like a perfect fit on the Heat. And it's hard to ignore that the Jazz traded him away and that the Heat are in Miami.
Crowder also offseasons in and around south Florida and the Keys. I’m sure he’s pretty happy there.

Also, the Heat are on the doorstep of being a serious contender.

Crowder also offseasons in and around south Florida and the Keys. I’m sure he’s pretty happy there.

Also, the Heat are on the doorstep of being a serious contender.
I love that team TBH and am happy for Crowder. Would love to have him back since we are ****ing soft and still have nothing resembling a legit rotation 4, but just hope he ends up where he's happy.

Yo I hate to say it but my gut feeling is that we're going to be talking about this for several more seasons than we already have. Jazz seem incapable of plugging this hole.

The Jazz can offer him the full MLE if they wanted too. I doubt that the Heat would come anywhere near that offer to keep him because they have a ton of young talent waiting to be paid. Also there's a strong chance that the Heat want to keep cap flexibility for 2021 because the possibility exists of maxing Bam and bringing in two other max contracts.

Then Covid19 happened.

Their chips were already in the center of the table before that. There's no way they are getting out of spending money now unless they do a full 180 and dump Gobert/Mitchell and start all over.

Far more likely they stay committed to spending money on a good team now, ride out the covid storm, and recoup the money from a good team later than... burn a good team to the ground, still lose money because of covid, then lose money after covid putting a poor product on the floor.

Pretty sure that Jesus could have happened and they'd still be committed to spending on this group.

Also RE: Covid...

Where is the Larry H Miller group more likely to cost cut...

The Jazz? Or other financial ventures?

The latter.

Also RE: Covid...

Where is the Larry H Miller group more likely to cost cut...

The Jazz? Or other financial ventures?

The latter.

Okay cool but if you can save say 8-9M and don’t think it make a huge difference. They don’t even have to pretend like they are being cheap. Just say they really believe in the young guys and want them to get a chance... plus we will be “aggressive” in the trade and buyout markets. @infection please co-sign tia.

Okay cool but if you can save say 8-9M and don’t think it make a huge difference. They don’t even have to pretend like they are being cheap. Just say they really believe in the young guys and want them to get a chance... plus we will be “aggressive” in the trade and buyout markets. @infection please co-sign tia.
Where has infection been?

Assume basic good health for next year and that we bring JC back. How many minutes do we have? If we add one non-center then Oni, Brantley, and whoever we draft will be out of the rotation. I think the upgrade has to be a great/amazing value to justify using the MLE... which would almost certainly put us in the tax unless we dump Ed for $0. You think we go into the tax when they likely start without fans (means they lose 40% of their revenue).

If we somehow move Mike for less salary then we can revisit the MLE discussion but I don’t think we do it.

I'd be curious to know more specifics on the trust, and how much money they potentially have saved up in a "rainy day" fund. I think that could influence what they decide to do moving forward with Free Agency and such. This offseason could present a great opportunity to sign some really team-friendly contracts before the cap starts to go back up

I'd be curious to know more specifics on the trust, and how much money they potentially have saved up in a "rainy day" fund. I think that could influence what they decide to do moving forward with Free Agency and such. This offseason could present a great opportunity to sign some really team-friendly contracts before the cap starts to go back up
It’ll also greatly increase the number of players seeking one- or two-year deals. So, the supply-side will be adjusted.

I’m busy adjusting myself to the reality that they are gonna run it back. Hopefully with one small change along the Guard/Wing line to help with our flagging defense.

Assume basic good health for next year and that we bring JC back. How many minutes do we have? If we add one non-center then Oni, Brantley, and whoever we draft will be out of the rotation. I think the upgrade has to be a great/amazing value to justify using the MLE... which would almost certainly put us in the tax unless we dump Ed for $0. You think we go into the tax when they likely start without fans (means they lose 40% of their revenue).

If we somehow move Mike for less salary then we can revisit the MLE discussion but I don’t think we do it.
Fans equal 40% of revenue? Damn I didn't know it was that much.
Will players salaries decrease due to no fans?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Fans equal 40% of revenue? Damn I didn't know it was that much.
Will players salaries decrease due to no fans?

That is what they said... the players will carry part of that burden though the cap and contracts likely don’t adjust... will likely come from an increased escrow. They may not start the season until February or March in hopes of having fans to start the season.

Saving 8-9 million at a mild cost to your NBA product or go try to scrimp 8-9 million off your other businesses at an absolutely massive cost to your non-NBA products. Hmm.
Where has infection been?
Getting my *** kicked.
Likely hiding waiting to pop up with cameos and game threads that knock out socks off.
Ain't happening.

On another note, this is a hot take and is not predicated on bubble play (I haven't watched any other team and have probably seen a game and a quarter total of our own games thus far [this also wouldn't happen]):

Trade Conley and Donovan to Portland for Lillard.
You can go out and sign a Millsap for the MLE. Fill out the roster with defenders.

Our current problem is that all of our offensive firepower (Mitchell, Conley, Bojan, Clarkson) aren't doing much for us on defense. Consolidating two-for-one allows us to negate a bit of that. This is a move that's definitely a 4-5 year move, rather than longer, but when faced with the potential reality of a "Donovan and friends" team that's sans Gobert, I'd rather go all-in on the next couple years and think the Gobert/Lillard pairing would have a lot more chemistry and good vibes.

FTW.

Flame on.

Even if there were a rainy day fund, and I don't mean to conflate this too much with cap, but would DL really let them dip in to it? He's the kind of guy in the middle of the desert, minutes away from death, and has one water bottle. He tells himself, "if I use this now, I won't be able to use it later." He dies later.

Portland trading Lillard for anything other than someone like Lebron or Kawhi would be a huge FU to their fans. He is loyal to that city.
This
My cousin lives there. She is a huge huge Dame fan