What's new

Potential and Realistic Offseason Moves

An actual nba point guard would be nice

We need to go after Portland's players. Give them some payback for Millsap and Matthews. If they max out Aldridge and Mathews, will they be willing to max Lillard the next year?

Portland will not be getting into a bidding war to keep Matthews - in fact I think he's already been written off to keep those two. Picking up Afflalo cemented his fate.

I'd rather have Burke for 2 more years of rookie contract than Lin.

Despite all of Trey's faults, I agree with this. He seems to have settled into his role and Quin likes him. If he can improve his shot or pass more, he'll be a solid contributor down the road.

With that said, I'd have traded for Lin and gotten a 1st and 2nd round pick from Houston over taking on Novak for 1/2 a season for a 2nd from Toronto.

Portland will not be getting into a bidding war to keep Matthews - in fact I think he's already been written off to keep those two. Picking up Afflalo cemented his fate.

Affalo is going to opt out after this year, right? I don't think either guy is a sure thing to stay or go.

We need to go after Portland's players. Give them some payback for Millsap and Matthews. If they max out Aldridge and Mathews, will they be willing to max Lillard the next year?

Lillard will certainly be maxed. Pretty silly to suggest its questionable

Affalo is going to opt out after this year, right? I don't think either guy is a sure thing to stay or go.

Dunno, that's a good question. Kind of having a down year. He's played for crap teams for the last few years. If he values playing for a 50+ win team he may stay.

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum here but have been reading for a long time. It seems like most people are high on Middleton or Matthews. But what about K.J. McDaniels? I haven't heard his name mentioned much on here. What are peoples thoughts on him? I honestly don't know much about him, but from what I have seen, I would like him as a CHEAP backup SG. I think he could be a good fit. His 3 point percentage isn't anything great right now, but I think he could learn under Snyder.

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum here but have been reading for a long time. It seems like most people are high on Middleton or Matthews. But what about K.J. McDaniels? I haven't heard his name mentioned much on here. What are peoples thoughts on him? I honestly don't know much about him, but from what I have seen, I would like him as a CHEAP backup SG. I think he could be a good fit. His 3 point percentage isn't anything great right now, but I think he could learn under Snyder.

We have Burks, Hood, Ingles, and Sap at the SG. Why would we need another cheap back up?

I think Wes and kmid are the primary targets with carrol as secondary option.
Probably right.
However, I hope that THE primary guy they well try to get in the off season is deangelo russell.

Use lots of assets if we must.

Concerning Wes and Carroll, I don't like the the same old soup.

Middleton is more interesting option but I'm not sure he is worth a max contract.
Please explain how Middleton is the more interesting option Wes is a better offensive and defensive player and not anywhere near the player he was with us as a rookie. Middleton is not a very motivated player doesn't play with passion or with any kind of edge and doesn't give solid effort on defense. I'd take Carroll over Middleton. I'm not wasting 10million on Middleton.

Please explain how Middleton is the more interesting option Wes is a better offensive and defensive player and not anywhere near the player he was with us as a rookie. Middleton is not a very motivated player doesn't play with passion or with any kind of edge and doesn't give solid effort on defense. I'd take Carroll over Middleton. I'm not wasting 10million on Middleton.

First of all the Jazz could keep both players but didn't...so it means they were not in the Jazz future plans.
I'm not sure it makes sense to overpay one of them to return to play with Jazz...it would be like admitting the management made a mistake to not relying on them before. Both Wes and Carroll don't have room for improvement.
The only exception is Paul Millsap...he is an All-Star and he is a Jazzman.

I'm not a big fan of Middleton but he is a young emerging player that maybe can still improve.

Anyway I'm not in favour to overpay role players. We need a player that can make the difference offensively.

thinking about getting one of these players + this year's draft really excites me

I'd rather have Burke for 2 more years of rookie contract than Lin.

Thats a good point, but Lin may not be that much more expensive. He might be had for less, who knows. Steve Blake signed last year for 2 years 4.2M.

Bargnani? Seriously? He blows. He can't shoot anymore (around or less than 30% on 3s the last few years). He can't defend either (and he is dumb). He is done as a player.
Green or Harris could be solid additions though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7p02Xp3U5w

Lol that's awesome! I hadn't seen that yet

I could see them go after Danny Green, Tobias Harris, Jeff Green, and maybe Bargnani.

I actually like Bargnani as a third big, to stretch the offense and open the middle for Favors/Gobert. He could easy help the 2nd unit with scoring. Mix in Danny Green and the Jazz just added scoring and some d with Green. I really like Green decent shooter and can defend his position.

Exum/Burke/Nato
Green/Burks
Hayward/Hood
Favors/Booker
Gobert/Bargnani

mixed in the best player avble in draft.

Good post until you mentioned Bargnani. He's a pansy and will not help you win. His real plus Minus numbers are terrible and he can't defend the rim at all. And it looks like he's just collecting checks at this point in his career.