What's new

Potential and Realistic Offseason Moves

I doubt any team would trade out of the top-2 even IF we had the #6 pick. Okafor and Russell are just too valuable. Not sure if Mudiay or Towns have that same value. But it's a moot point. We're drafting outside the top-10. Book it.

I was thinking that we would want the top (or bottom) three to all have wings...

But with all the "tanking" philosophies...man, there are some BAAAAAAAAAAD teams out there.

Reality is, out of the 7 "tanking" teams (NY, Minn, Philly, LA, Orl, Utah and Boston), there will 6 GM's looking for jobs in a year or two. the "tanking" fad will fade when the same 6 teams are the worst teams year after year.

Everyone is praising Philly, but I think they are doing a TERRIBLE job. They have gutted that team, have taken two top 5 players, and have NOTHING on that team, other than the worst offensive C in basketball and a very overweight Embiid. Yikes.

Link?
Where did you read they didn't even call him back? I remember in his press conference he had nothing but great things to say about Utah. Even HE was overwhelmed at the offer. Probably my impression but he almost sounded apologetic for leaving.

You're more right about that than I was. I mis-remembered the quote. It was that the Jazz never even made him an offer. They did call his agent to inform him that they weren't going to match Portland. I guess I didn't remember it correctly because at the time, back in 2010, I too was amazed that the Jazz had never even made him an initial offer, which he claimed, at the time, that he likely would have taken without testing the open market -- which the Jazz's lack of an offer forced him into doing.

He was surprised, and I misinterpreted that to mean that he was offended. Both could be true, ultimately, but I don't think any bridges have been burned, which is what matters most at this point.

It seems like every article I've read, on Grantland, ESPN, SI have said the Philly will be winning titles in 3 years. I don't see it. I don't think they have one key piece to a title contending team, while I think the Jazz have four: Exum, Gobert, Favors, Hayward.

If you can show me an article putting down Philly's rebuild, I'd love to read it. I think Philly is screwed.

It seems like every article I've read, on Grantland, ESPN, SI have said the Philly will be winning titles in 3 years. I don't see it. I don't think they have one key piece to a title contending team, while I think the Jazz have four: Exum, Gobert, Favors, Hayward.

If you can show me an article putting down Philly's rebuild, I'd love to read it. I think Philly is screwed.
I guess I was thinking more along the lines of posters on this forum.

I think most of us think the 76ers are botching thier rebuild