What's new

Pre-draft workouts

I suspect he'll follow in Aron Baynes footsteps and go to Europe for a couple of years and work on his body. He'll play in the NBA, somewhere
Baynes is a much better built basketball player w/ a playing style that is still useful. Landale is built like a bowl of oatmeal and plays like he is in the 80's.

Sorry Australia, they cant all be NBA players.

Baynes is a much better built basketball player w/ a playing style that is still useful. Landale is built like a bowl of oatmeal and plays like he is in the 80's.

Sorry Australia, they cant all be NBA players.

He is a better player right now than Bradley (which isn't saying much cause Bradley isn't that much of a player.) that said he isn't athletic but would benefit from a couple of years of strength conditioning which will help him defensively, he has enough offensive tools to be a useful NBA player. If he doesn't land a two way deal somewhere he's a pretty good chance of playing in Italy, he studied Italian at St Mary's and mentioned in his workout interview that he was checking something out over there.

From todays DN: "Landale is the other player at Tuesday’s workout whose name is likely most-known locally. The 6-foot-11, 255-pound Australian is the reigning West Coast Conference Player of the Year after a senior season at Saint Mary’s in which he averaged 21.1 points, 10.2 rebounds, two assists and a block per game.

In three matchups against BYU, he averaged 28.7 points per contest. He said he particularly remembers the last time he played at the Marriott Center, a game in which he finished with 31 points and 13 rebounds as the Gaels got past the Cougars in overtime.

“The altitude was killing everyone,” he said. “The best part about it was just the environment, playing at BYU in front of that crowd. … I loved every second of it.”

The big man joked that it might be a national requirement for Aussies to work out with the Jazz given the presence of Joe Ingles and Dante Exum on Utah’s roster.

“Joe and Dante are awesome players and they’ve made their mark here, so if we can keep pulling some Australians in here, that’d be pretty cool,” he said, noting that he has worked out a few times with both Ingles and Exum. “I’d like that at least.”

Dominant with the Gaels as a back-to-the-basket player, Landale wants to be able to show other skills during workouts that will translate better to the NBA.

“I don’t think that I’m just an old school post player,” he said. “Obviously I’m not the most athletic guy out on the court, but I think that I make up for it with how smart I am. I can beat guys with my brain.”

It's begun. The first group of 6 worked out on Saturday.

G - Donte DiVincenzo
SF - Brian Bowen
PF - Wenyen Gabriel
G - Elijah Bryant - BYU
G - Devon Hall
PF - Jalen McDaniels

Donte D has Jazz written all over hi m. One thing though is a pairing of Mitchell and Him could be explosive. Would want both to work on point guard skills but th at would be a nice 1 2 punch for future. If the Jazz went that route then I would like to see a quality pass first point guard to pair them with! Ricky Rubio still has some miles on him and a player like him is the perfect pairing. DD to the Jazz is literally a match made in heaven.

Id like him more at 6'8 he looks small for a kid listed as 6'5, doesn't look that athletic either. Kid has got a great resume tho.

He isn't six foot 5. Look like he is six foot 3 but he is a plus athlete. Just watch the college finals and those blocked shots. Question I have with pairing him with Mitchell is they are similar players. So the point questions would remain.