What's new

Predict Jazz win total next season

I think some are overcompensating for the pain they feel, stating, almost insisting we'll be just as good, as if convincing themselves of such will make the pain go away.

It won't. This sucks. We've lost our top two scorers and about 31 points a game from last year. We are really going to struggle to score 90 a game many a night. I'll wait to see how DL rounds out the roster and realize we should be healthier, but this could be a very tough season to swallow, especially with nearly every team in the west getting better.

Last edited:
I would love to see the staff pour themselves into Favors and him show a three point shot this season. I've been dying for that for two seasons now. If w somehow saw that, he was healthy, and we re-signed him on a solid deal, it would almost make up for Benedict's departure.

Around 35-36 wins in that west bloodbath. Maybe even less.
Got to be realistic
We're not even better than the Nuggets right now who are projected as a "potential 8 seed"
You're not winning games with Rodney Hood being your best scorer by a fair margin

Last but not least, i'll always feel proud to be a Jazz fan. We did everything right to retain Hayward and he betrayed us in dramatic fashion.

The last team that beat Golden State in Oakland was ... Utah Jazz sans Hayward, Favors and a restricted Hill ; 6 players with double digits. No need of a big scorer, Snyder has to follow the example of the Spurs in 2014.

What really sucks is that spacing is going to be terrible and teams will collapse on Rudy, so his offensive output will plummet. You won't have a repeat of All NBA for this reason.

35-40 wins.

43. West is just brutal. Scoring is going to be an issue unless Hood goes for 20.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lineup of

PG)Rubio
SG)Exum
SF)Hood
PF)Favors
C) Gobert

#1)Ingles
#2)Burks
#3)Mitchell
#4)Johnson

off the bench

Brutal.

If no major injuries this team should win about 35 games.

They'll be (realistically speaking) out of the playoffs by the end of February.

PG)Rubio
SG)Ingles
SF)Hood
PF)Favors
C) Gobert

#1)Exum
#2)Burks
#3)Mitchell
#4)Johnson

Fixed.

No way do we play Hood and Exum together in the starting line up without Hayward.

Ingles and Hood give us the offense we need. Exum will come off the bench and play with Mitchell.

PG) Rubio
SG) Mitchell
SF) Hood
PF) Stretch PF via FA/Trade
C) Gobert

#6) Jingles
#7) Exum
#8) Joe Jesus
#9) Favors (if he's even here)

As of right now that would be my preferred lineup/rotation. I want Mitchell to start and Exum to get significant minutes. Let's be real we aren't winning s*** next year so there is no logical reason to waste time planting them on the bench. Hood takes over for unloyal ** at SF. We bring in a stretch PF to start because Gobert, Favors and Rubio in the same lineup is a no go, it doesn't work. Jingles is the 6th man and primary backup at both wings. Exum is the backup point.

So how does the NW finish now?

Thunder - Westbrook and George
Blazers - Lillard and McCollum
Nuggets - Millsap and Jokic
Wolves - KAT and Butler
Jazz - Gobert

Wonder how they will rank 1-5

PG) Rubio
SG) Mitchell
SF) Hood
C) Gobert

#6) Jingles
#7) Exum
#8) Joe Jesus

As of right now that would be my preferred lineup/rotation. I want Mitchell to start and Exum to get significant minutes. Let's be real we aren't winning s*** next year so there is no logical reason to waste time planting them on the bench. Hood takes over for unloyal ** at SF. We bring in a stretch PF to start because Gobert, Favors and Rubio in the same lineup is a no go, it doesn't work. Jingles is the 6th man and primary backup at both wings. Exum is the backup point.

You make some good points. I think this line up works if Mitchell hits his 3s. Im not sure I want to start the season with Mitchell in the starting line up but I sure as hell want to end the season with him there.

So how does the NW finish now?

Thunder - Westbrook and George
Blazers - Lillard and McCollum
Nuggets - Millsap and Jokic
Wolves - KAT and Butler
Jazz - Gobert

Wonder how they will rank 1-5

1) Thunder
2) Wolves
3-5) Jazz, Blazers, Nuggets

3-5 is too close to call as of right now IMO. We will still be a very strong defensive team but scoring is a problem. Denver is the opposite, they'll score a ton but I still don't think they can stop anyone. I don't know how good or bad Portland will be. They always seem to be Jekyll or Hyde.

What i take into account is that

Rubio is 26 yrs old
Exum is 21 yrs old
Hood is 24 yrs old
Favors is 25 yrs old
Gobert is 25 yrs old

and their young veterans with their best days ahead and NONE of them should be painted as not getting better by anybody in this forum because it isn't true.
You don't like them ...Fine but don't paint a picture of them as if they can't get better than when they played at 23 yrs old or 24 yrs old or 20 yrs old that's stupid !!The best yrs are just getting ready to start and Jazz are fortunate to have them.

Good lord, your reading comprehension is nightmarish.

Read his post again. Carefully. He wasn't dissing any of the players, nor was he saying he didn't like them. Hell, he was even nice enough to point that out. He was suggesting different lineup combinations where all the young guys get plenty of time without the Jazz having to resort to a lineup with only one shooter on the court. And that's easily doable.

Looking at the Western Conference and how rough it will be. Depending on what happens we may end up in the high 30s... rough step back... feel like that is the frustrating we should tank territory.

Too tough to tell right now, but I think if we struggle out of the gate we need to sell off pieces and sink in the standings... pray for top tier talent.

PG) Rubio
SG) Mitchell
SF) Hood
C) Gobert

#6) Jingles
#7) Exum
#8) Joe Jesus

Starters: Gobert, Diaw (I think he gets picked up), Ingles, Hood, and Rubio

When Hayward leaves but you realize you get 82 games of Angry Gobert

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Best post of 2017! :D

I think the Jazz have been set back 2 - 3 years in their timeline. If they can stay healthy, they're a 40 - 44-win team. This is like the season two years ago where the Jazz barely missed the playoffs with 40 wins and Houston was the 8th seed. Rudy Gobert was starting to really emerge, though he missed 20 games with the knee injury.

Gobert and Rubio are young vets entering their prime at 25 and 26 years old.

Mitchell and Exum are 20 and 21 years-old guards who need to develop as part of a young core. Exum should be seen as a second or third-year pro at this point. If he's going to blow up like Rudy did, it will really start happening this year.

It really behooves the Jazz to acquire one or two high-upside young forwards who are 20 - 23 years-old. Not sure how they do it. (This is where drafting Skal a year ago would have been nice and all.)