What's new

Predict Jazz win total next season

Jazz are back in no mans land now
How hard do they try to make playoffs now
Is it better to get the 8 seed or settle for a lottery pick to rebuild

Jazz are back in no mans land now
How hard do they try to make playoffs now
Is it better to get the 8 seed or settle for a lottery pick to rebuild

Jazz need to soberly evaluate the 2018 draft. If they can pick up one more guy to team with Gobert, Mitchell, Exum, it might barely fit with the current timeline, but the Jazz can't afford to miss on that pick.

Zone guys had a guest on...didn't hear the whole thing so I dunno who it was, sorry. But he said he thinks the Jazz win 51+. I think I'll go with that. Rudy is gonna show us his offense this year. Mitchell will have a stellar first year. Breakout year for Hood and Ingles will achieve greatness.

Call me a homer 100x. Where's my Kool-Aid?? It's hot today!

I think the Jazz need to seriously consider acquiring a pick in this next year's lottery, whether that means tanking down to 30 wins or trading a promising young player for an apparent lottery pick.

Look at Minnesota last year. They were on track to nearly make the playoffs, but they did an about-face and got a lottery pick that they parlayed into Jimmy Butler. Even if they'd drafted Markanen, they'd have been in good shape. The Jazz need to look at that as a possibility.

If the Jazz can trade Favors and get a good first-round pick for him, they should make that move. They need to make a similar assessment of Hood. At a minimum, however, the Jazz need to turn Favors into a younger player with upside.

Jazz are now competing with the T'wolves, Nuggets, Lakers and Suns for the Western Conference in 3 years. There was always the debate of whether or not to try to challenge the Warriors during the next couple of years. With Hayward leaving, that no longer seems like a possibility.